Adventures in SciFi Publishing discussion

Review Requests > Science Fiction Books to Review

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Ward (timothycward) | 49 comments Mod
Please post your review requests as a reply to this thread. Include a brief synopsis, a link to your book on Goodreads or another website (preferably both), what formats you have available (including print), and a max of one blurb.

message 2: by Hbrickley (new)

Hbrickley | 1 comments Horace Brickley is an American Dark Fiction author who's debut novel, The Lost Gods, is now available on Amazon.com and is featured on GoodReads.com here:

GoodReads.com

Released to critical acclaim, The Lost Gods is a thrilling ride through the supernatural, where the undead unearth and push the protagonists to the limit.

"The swan song of the human race was short and brutal. An endless army of undead flowed out of Iraq and overwhelmed NATO forces. Soon after, the nations of the world fell apart. All seemed lost.

Jesse, a championship wrestler and scholar, and his childhood friend Adam, a gutter-punk and handy man, are the only two living residents of Silverdale, Washington. Safe behind the walls of their ramshackle fort, their only worry is finding food and keeping their sanity.

One night, Jesse receives a strange vision from an unknown source. A supernatural scream rips out of the forest and echoes through their small town. Their sense of safety is shattered and the two must investigate to find answers. Are Jesse and Adam the only living residents in Silverdale? Are they the last men on Earth, or is there another chapter in the roller coaster tale of human history?"

The Lost Gods is bare-bones and bone-chilling Science Fiction from one of fiction's most promising authors.

You can find more information about Horace Brickley at www.HoraceBrickley.com or on his Facebook Fan Page at www.Facebook.com/HoraceBrickley.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin (underwords) | 2 comments Futuredaze2: Reprise, edited by Erin Underwood and Nancy Holder
Available August 12, 2014

Futuredaze2: Reprise: fifteen of the best and most brilliant young adult science fiction stories, written by the hottest SF and YA authors, are gathered for the first time in one anthology. Wild-west steampunk, true love with the alien next door, a confab with Mr. Darcy's avatar, musical fluted girls, and Dorothy in alt-China—this is not your mom and dad's science fiction. Grab a friend and go for launch to worlds of wonder that reveal who we are and what we want to become through our decisions, relationships, and the chances we take on our futures—across all universes!

Table of contents in alphabetical order by title:

"A Letter from the Clearys" by Connie Willis
"Deep Blood Kettle" by Hugh Howey
"Going Deep" by James Patrick Kelly
"Good Girl" by Malinda Lo
"How to Talk to Girls at Parties" by Neil Gaiman
"I Never" by Cassandra Clare
"Secret Identity" by Will Shetterly
"Stupid Perfect World" by Scott Westerfeld
"Sweet Sixteen" by Kat Howard
"The Fluted Girl" by Paolo Bacigalupi
"The Last Ride of the Glory Girls" by Libba Bray
"The Other Elder" by Beth Revis
"The Veiled Shanghai" by Ken Liu
"Valedictorian" by N. K. Jemisin
"Wilding" by Jane Yolen

Goodreads Page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

PDF and printed ARCs are available. If your schedule permits, we would be happy to provide you with whatever medium you prefer to review.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. Please feel free to contact me with any questions at erin.m.underwood (at) gmail (dot) com.

Sincerely,
Erin

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Harding | 1 comments Review copies are available for The White List, the new novel from Nina D'Aleo, author of Aurealis Award-Nominated The Last City.

Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Synopsis:

CHAPTER 11 IS WATCHING YOU

Why? Because of Shaman syndrome. One in three people are born with Shaman syndrome, endowing them with abilities they cannot control and do not even know they have.

Silver is an intelligence operative working for Chapter 11 – an agency that doesn’t officially exist and is beyond the control of any government. It is Chapter 11’s responsibility to surveil the walts (those affected by Shaman syndrome) to ensure their talents don’t turn ugly for the rest of the population.

After Silver's partner, Dark, is seriously injured by a walt, Silver is driven to investigate. What starts as a routine investigation isn't as clear-cut as it seems, especially when she discovers there's a price on her head.

Chapter 11 might be watching the world, but it can't see the division in its own ranks. Someone wants the white list—the list of every known walt that Chapter 11 has capped—but for what purpose? Silver needs to find out the secret behind Shaman syndrome, before it's too late.

Email info@momentumbooks.com.au to request a review copy. Available formats are epub, mobi and pdf.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Parsons (jenniferlynparsons) | 1 comments Luna Station Press has released “A Stirring in the Bones”, by Jennifer Lyn Parsons and it is available for review.

Synopsis:
Elys Ki Dul long ago accepted that he is neither the best nor brightest of the Hantirri Order. He takes comfort in being useful, focusing on completing his missions as a courier and training the apprentice he chose himself, despite her unconventional nature.

When an unexpected letter comes into his possession, he finds himself charged with a task meant for those more powerful than himself. With his world turned upside down, Elys relies on his apprentice’s clear-headed outlook, a new companion’s heart-centered strength, and the wisdom of a mysterious old woman who is more than she seems.

Set amidst a galaxy recovering from centuries of conflict, A Stirring in the Bones tells the story of a humble man forced to question his place in the universe when Fate comes calling. Or maybe he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Even Elys isn’t quite sure.

Genre: Space Fantasy
Print Length: 308 pages
Publication Date: 2nd ed: November 12th, 2013
ISBN: 978-1-938697-38-8

The Goodreads page is: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

I can provide any electronic format you might require. Email is lunastationpress@gmail.com for a copy.

message 6: by Sean (new)

Sean Sousa (SeanCSousa) | 1 comments Set for release on July 15th from Epical Media, The Forever Saga: Flash is the debut science fiction adventure novel by Sean C. Sousa.

Synopsis:

"Long ago, the first reign of Grigori Geist nearly destroyed the Earth.

Returned from exile, Geist is secretly rebuilding his kingdom beneath Antarctica, and assembling his robotic Vaucan race to conquer mankind. Only one obstacle remains: the war hero Brian Renney.

Yet Brian is now losing a battle against his fears. Scars of heart and mind linger in the Vietnam veteran and retired coach, fueling nightmares that leave him abrasive as a husband and father. His failures embitter his youngest son, Jason – a star athlete torn between pursuing the woman he loves, and meeting the demands of a father who is far from the storied Army captain he once was.

And all the while, Geist is coming for them.

Against an ancient tyrant and his servants, Brian and Jason must face a threat that plagues the world from deep shadows…and gain an ally who, once meant for evil, will forever be a force for good."

The release version of Flash is available in the ebook format of your choice; please contact sean.c.sousa@gmail.com to request a copy.

Goodreads Page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Official Site: www.theforeversaga.com

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Hicks (michaelpatrickhicks) | 1 comments My debut, Convergence, is available on Amazon and several other eBook distributors. You can find links to those at http://michaelpatrickhicks.com

Or on my Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Synopsis:
Jonah Everitt is a killer, an addict, and a memory thief.

After being hired to kill a ranking officer of the Pacific Rim Coalition and download his memories, Everitt finds himself caught in the crosshairs of a terror cell, a rogue military squadron, and a Chinese gangster named Alice Xie. Xie is a profiteer of street drugs, primarily DRMR, a powerful narcotic made from the memories of the dead. With his daughter, Mesa, missing in post-war Los Angeles, Everitt is forced into an uneasy alliance with Alice to find her.

Mesa’s abduction is wrapped up in the secrets of a brutal murder during the war’s early days, a murder that Alice Xie wants revenged. In order to find her, Jonah will have to sift through the memories of dead men that could destroy what little he has left.

In a city where peace is tenuous and loyalties are ever shifting, the past and the present are about to converge.

I have electronic copies available for review, in either .mobi, .epub, or PDF format. If interested, send an e-mail to authormichaelphicks@gmail.com.

Thanks!

message 8: by Rhett (new)

Rhett Bruno (rhettbruno) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Rhett Bruno and I'm wondering if you would be interested in reviewing my debut Science Fiction Novel, "The Circuit: Executor Rising" (published by Mundania Press). The roughly 90,000 word novel was released on 6/10/2014 and is the first part of what will be "The Circuit" Series. It is a fast paced, character driven story taking place in a grim, distant future. The Earth has fallen to ruin and humanity lives in contained settlements throughout our solar system - a place now known as The Circuit.

I'd be more than happy to provide a review copy in whatever format works best for you. Here is the link to the book on amazon where you can find an excerpt and other reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Circuit-Executo...​​. I've also pasted the full book blurb below for your convenience.​ If you are interested you can reach me at rcbruno@syr.edu. Thank you for your time and consideration.

best,
Rhett Bruno
Twitter: @rcbruno44

Book Blurb:
It has been centuries since Earth was rendered a barren, volatile wasteland. With their homeworld left uninhabitable, humanity founded a system of colonies throughout their local solar system. Known as the Kepler Circuit, these settlements are strung together by a network of nonaligned Solar-Ark transports, locked in continuous motion. They have served to provide an influx of resources to every faction ruling over the remnants of humankind, most importantly the newly discovered element Gravitum which is found only in the Earth’s unstable mantle.

​ By 500 K.C. a religious sect known as the New Earth Tribunal has risen to preside over most of The Circuit. Though there is barely a faction left remaining to challenge them, a string of attacks on their transports force them to summon the enigmatic, yet brilliant, Cassius Vale for help. What they don’t know is that together with his intelligent android creation, ADIM, he is the one orchestrating the raids.

His actions lead to the involvement of Sage Volus, a beautiful Tribunal Executor sent by her masters to spy on their mortal enemies – the Ceresian Pact. In order to find out who is behind the attacks, she infiltrates the ranks of a roguish mercenary named Talon Rayne. Against all her intentions, however, she finds her faith tested by him and his ragtag squad.​​​​​

While Sage and Talon are engaged in a futile hunt, Cassius Vale initiates his strategy to bring down the narrow-minded Tribune once and for all. But will anyone be able to survive what he has in store for the Circuit?​​

message 9: by Stefan (new)

Stefan Vucak | 2 comments I am seeking a review of my SF book 'Guardians of Shadow', book 8 of the Shadow Gods Saga.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Available as ebook, print, tablet readers.

Blurb: Having destroyed a Kran invader, Terr, Teena and his brother Dharaklin, head for Orieli space where they will begin their cultural exchange mission. In a devastating Kran attack, Teena is taken and Terr seeks to rescue her, confronting an implacable enemy. The Fernai emerge from their self-imposed isolation and provide technology to enable the Orieli to protect themselves. Undeterred, the Krans attack Anar’on, the fabled world of the Wanderers. In retaliation, the Wanderers seek to wipe out the blight that is Prime Zero. Wielding the hand of Death, Terr is prepared for a final confrontation. An explosive continuation of this interstellar saga.

message 10: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) Would appreciate reviews of my new novel, The Brede Chronicles, Book 1, a sci-fi adventure/romance with a dark edge(this ain't your mama's romance).

Blurb:

Half-human Alekzander Brede is a law unto himself…or so he thinks. Elektra Tate, the street orphan who loves him has other ideas. When she betrays him for no apparent reason, he vows to punish her one way or another. Taking the one thing she treasures most—their son—begins a cat and mouse relationship spanning two planets and costing possibly his life. Elektra will stop at nothing to save her son but can she overcome Brede’s twisted idea of vengeance?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L8FM978
https://www.facebook.com/pages/PI-Bar...

Available in e-book format & in paperback.

Thanks to everyone in advance!
Patti

message 11: by Jackson (last edited Sep 23, 2014 12:53PM) (new)

Jackson Coppley | 2 comments Tales From Our Near Future

What happens when the age of high technology encounters the human need for love? Tales From Our Near Future provides answers in three short stories.

Google Boy
A man who knows everything meets a woman who knows too much.

Aurel
She can give him anything he wants except herself.

Tau and Sue
East meets West with dangerous results.

Available in e-book format and paperback.

Jackson Coppley
www.JacksonCoppley.com

message 12: by Ed (new)

Ed Gosney (ed_gosney) | 1 comments Prometheus Stumbles is my debut novel and is available in eBook and trade paperback.

http://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Stum...

Synopsis:

In this futuristic thriller, an ordinary man gets caught up in extraordinary circumstances and finds himself on a harrowing adventure that he neither wants nor understands.

Derek Anderson considers himself to be a devoted husband, father, and businessman. He loves his family and is happiest when he is with his wife and daughter. But when a young Psi-Tal places the blue plastic turtle in Derek’s hand, his life is turned upside down as he discovers that the turtle can transport him into a nightmarish realm that Derek comes to refer to as Dreamworld.

While in Dreamworld, Derek learns of his destiny, but when the turtle sends him back to the reality he thought that he knew so well, he finds himself being pursued by a mysterious group of beings called the Watchers.

In a metaphysical race for his life with the blue plastic turtle in his possession, Derek plunges into a centuries old secret society that may be his only hope against the deadly enemies who will stop at nothing to get the turtle.

Reviews would be much appreciated. If you are interested, I will provide you a mobi or epub version. You can contact me for the file via Goodreads or by emailing me at edgosney62@gmail.com.

message 13: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Kozeniewski | 4 comments Billy and the Cloneasaurus by Stephen Kozeniewski

Billy and the Cloneasaurus

by Stephen Kozeniewski

SYNOPSIS:

Six billion identical clones make up the entire population of Earth, and William 790-6 (57th Iteration) is exactly like everybody else. In his one year of life he will toil in suburban mediocrity and spend as much cash as possible in order to please his corporate masters. When 790’s first birthday (and scheduled execution) finally rolls around, a freak accident spares his life.

Living past his expiration date changes 790 profoundly. Unlike other clones he becomes capable of questioning the futility of his own existence. Seeking answers in the wilderness, he discovers a windmill with some very strange occupants, including a freakish, dinosaur-like monstrosity. Which is especially strange since every animal on earth is supposed to be extinct…

Dark, haunting, and blisteringly satirical, BILLY AND THE CLONEASAURUS is the story of one “man’s” attempt to finally become an individual in a world of copies.

LINKS:

Goodreads
Amazon

AVAILABLE FORMATS:

Available for review in .pdf, .mobi, and .epub.
Available for sale in .mobi and paperback.

BLURB:

"This is a smart, funny, horrifying read that left me both amused and disturbed."
- Sharon Stevenson, author of RAISED and the GALLOWS series

message 14: by Josh (last edited Nov 05, 2014 06:50PM) (new)

Josh Hayes (joshhayeswriter) | 1 comments I am seeking a review for my Sci-fi novella Second Star: Breaking Through, book one of my Second Star Series. Thank you for your consideration.

Second Star: Breaking Through

by Josh Hayes

Sixty-six days is all pilot John McNeal has left on his service contract, after that his combat days will be over for good -- if he survives that long.

After a mysterious rift in the fabric of spacetime strands him on an alien world, John must join forces with some unlikely childhood heroes to have any chance of surviving and soon discovers that this strange new world isn’t that alien after all.

Someone has been here before and found a way back to tell about it. There is hope, but this is not the fairy tale he knows and John will have to fight if he wants to get home.

Links
Goodreads
Amazon

Available Formats

Available for review in .pdf, .mobi, .epub
Available for sale in .mobi, .epub, and paperback.

message 15: by Russ (new)

Russ Colchamiro (goodreadscomrusscolchamiro) | 1 comments Greetings from author Russ Colchamiro.

If you are interested, perhaps you would like to receive a copy of my latest scifi adventure novel, CROSSLINE, for review.

Here's the synopsis:

Do you love scifi thrills, mystery, action, and adventure?

Then in the spirit of Interstellar meets Firefly, get your copy of CROSSLINE today.

Hotdog pilot Marcus Powell has been chosen to test Taurus Enterprises' prototype craft Crossline and its newly developed warp thrusters. But during the flight something goes incredibly wrong, forcing Powell into a parallel universe.

Soon after he lands on that strangely altered Earth, Powell reluctantly teams up with a trigger happy rebel leader, a pot-smoking shaman, a crafty pie-maker, and a weary solider who hates his guts — all to survive an epic battle he may have been destined for all along!

Meanwhile, back home, reclusive oil tycoon and Taurus CEO Buddy Rheams Jr. — who sent Powell on that very mission — has a mysterious past and a secret agenda, one that could prevent Powell from ever making it back to wife and little girl.

From author Russ Colchamiro, CROSSLINE is the exciting tale of two ambitious men — and two mirror worlds — linked across time and space in a way neither of them could ever have imagined.

Because once you've crossed the line, can you ever really go back?

For the CROSSLINE book trailer, visit: youtu.be/mJ8fey7_4VA

WARNINGS:

Crossline is not recommended for people who dislike books that include science fiction elements, action, adventure, mystery, memorable characters, and a dose of humor. And are allergic to traveling via wormhole. It’s a strange way to get around, but it saves a lot of time.

This novel contains a few scenes that might be considered violent and intense. Fair enough. But there’s a war going on within these pages, so some bad stuff is gonna happen, and maybe to a few characters you really like. Just a heads up.

Also … while Crossline has some darn funny bits -- you might even laugh out loud -- it’s not a comedy. So if you’re expecting wacky humor throughout, let me suggest you try my overtly comic novel, Finders Keepers.

Finally, as always, you may want to sample before buying.

Thanks and best regards,
Russ

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 16: by Paul (new)

Paul Harry (epawar) | 2 comments I would like to present my e-book for your review.

NANOVISION / What Would You Do With X-ray Vision?

By Paul T Harry

Left for dead after a mob hit, a blind sixteen-year-old becomes super-sighted with x-ray vision enabling him to take revenge on the Las Vegas mobster who ordered the hit on his father.

ASIN: B00Q2O1M5K

Available Now on Amazon: http://bit.ly/Nanovision

Genre: YA Science fiction / Fantasy

Available in MOBI and PDF formats

Synopsis:

Daniel Raye was only sixteen when he walked in on a mob hit against his father. Brutally beaten and left for dead, Daniel awakens in a hospital to find himself blind and with no memory of the hit. Placed in the FBI’s witness protection program, Daniel is relocated to Northern California where he’s given residence with a long, lost Aunt who runs a bio-tech firm called NanoBytes. Over time,Daniel rebuilds his life and adapts well to his newfound family, but as fate would have it, comes under the scrutiny of the mob once again–but not before his Aunt finds a cure for his blindness. Using a radical untested procedure incorporating robotic nanites spliced with the DNA from animals and insects, Daniel is injected with a serum that only a mad scientist could create.

Does it work?

Better than anyone imagined.

What would you do with x-ray vision?

NANOVISION / What Would You Do With X-ray Vision? by Paul T. Harry

message 17: by Tom (new)

Tom Lucas (readtomlucas) | 1 comments Pax Titanus by Tom Lucas

FORCED TO FIGHT!

Intergalactic kidnappers have taken the son of a simple construction worker, demanding that he enter the greatest fighting tournament in the universe, the SkullCrushFest, and murder every one of his opponents.

They picked the wrong guy to mess with.

Titanus might not be a natural fighter, but he's got the greatest gladiator coach in the games and a not-so-secret weapon--his alien ability to increase any body part in size or length.

Also, it doesn't hurt that he's ten feet tall, has four arms, and two massive war hammers.

Are you ready to crush some skulls? Are you ready to bash and crash? Well then...

It's time to GET BIG!

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Amazon: http://amzn.com/1621051641

Book is currently available in Print or PDF. Kindle format coming soon. I am happy to provide either. Thanks for the opportunity!

"This is not a friendly world, nor is it wholesome. It is, however, a fun and ravaging ride meant to please those with odd senses of humor and vicious potty mouths." -- Michael Ferraro

message 18: by Adam (new)

Adam Whitlatch (adamwhitlatch) | 1 comments War of the Worlds: Goliath by Adam J. Whitlatch
(Official Film Novelization)

THE MARTIANS ARE COMING!

On the eve of World War I, the Martians have returned to finish what they started fifteen years ago, but this time humanity is ready. Armed with steam-powered battle machines created from reverse-engineered alien technology, the global defense force A.R.E.S. prepares for the coming conflict as tensions rise in Europe. Captain Eric Wells, an orphan of the first War of the Worlds, commands Earth's newest, most formidable weapon... the colossal battle tripod GOLIATH.

Based on the award-winning animated film starring Adrian Paul, Peter Wingfield, Mark Sheppard, and Adam Baldwin.

Blurb:
“Seeing the Tripods again was like visiting old friends – deadly friends, ones that Whitlatch has brought back to life with enormous verve and gusto. Highly recommended.” ~ William Meikle

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Retro Rocket Press: http://khpbooks.com/war-of-the-worlds...

This book is currently available in epub and mobi formats. Email adamwhitlatch (at) netins (dot) net to request a review copy.

message 19: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) For Review:
Half-human Alekzander Brede is a law unto himself…or so he thinks. Elektra Tate, the street orphan who loves him has other ideas. When she betrays him for no apparent reason, he vows to punish her one way or another. Taking the one thing she treasures most—their son—begins a cat and mouse relationship spanning two planets and costing possibly his life. Elektra will stop at nothing to save her son but can she overcome Brede’s twisted idea of vengeance?
The Brede Chronicles, Book 1 print (trade paperback) is available for review--a sci-fi family saga romance/adventure. Dark at times. PM me for copy.

message 20: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Thornton (jwthornton) | 1 comments Available for review: Sharing by Miracle Jones (The first book of The Fold)

Goodreads link here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

"Like a dream fugue made of Discworld without the humor, the atmosphere of a China Mieville novel, all the different aliens in the Star Wars universe, and mixed with hints of every fantasy series ever. Plus some craziness that is all its own."—Plot Driven

In the dead of night, six children are abducted from a home for at-risk youth by a fantastical flying creature—one that appears to the children as a white unicorn whose horn has been replaced with a long black blade—who brings them to a strange, seething desert that contains only a cathedral, a diner, and hypnotically shifting trees. There, they must learn to understand one another, or they must die.

Combining the hypermodern, surreal visions of China Mieville and Grant Morrison and the storytelling charge of Charles Dickens himself, Sharing—the first installment in The Fold, the forthcoming seven-volume slipstream masterwork from underground legend Miracle Jones—is at once an allegory of loneliness and a psychically themed literary adventure con brio, one that tells the story of what those children do there, whom they meet, and how—and if—they escape.

The book is available in PDF, mobi, and epub. Please email me at jwthornton@gmail.com to request a copy!

- Jeanne Thornton, Instar Books

message 21: by J.S. (last edited Jan 17, 2015 10:17PM) (new)

J.S. Lee | 1 comments 672: Scifi Dystopian New Release!

The world of the future has split into two dividing factions. Civilization has changed in its meaning, and citizens now live in glass towers built to sustain life as would in the natural world. Society in 672 has also taken on a different form, with natural prodigies being the ones who inhabit the glass towers, they work upon the newest technologies and abide by their belief that intelligence is genetically based. The rest of the world populace is shunned, otherwise known as the “Piggies” whom have become targets of ridicule for the citizens.

Emilia finds her own destiny inexplicably intertwined within the world that has come to be, and upon discovering a dark truth-must make a heartbreaking decision that will either lead to her utter destruction, or salvation.

Readers who enjoy classic dystopian science fiction novels such as Brave New World or 1984, may enjoy 672 as well.

www.672thebook.com

Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/672-J-S-Lee-ebo...

Please message me for requests for review or email me at: jslee800@yahoo.com

This book is only available in ebook version, I have a mobi version ready

message 22: by Timothy (new)

A

Mod
Hey folks,
My debut novel is coming out March 1st in paperback and ebook. You can enter to win a signed paperback here: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh.... Ends Feb 23.

Scavenger Evolution (Sand Divers, Book One) by Timothy C. Ward Scavenger: Evolution by Timothy C. Ward

A compilation of Scavenger 1-3 (Red Sands, Blue Dawn and Twin Suns).

In the future, sand divers search the depths for the lost city of Danvar and the truth behind their bleak existence. Divemaster Rush hasn’t dove since he lost his infant. A job offer turns from an escape to a trap and the lure of a hardened heart to survive like anyone else would. One dive leads to another. Farther and farther from the surface, death and evolution change his world. He’ll have to change to or watch his wife rise without him.

Inspired by Hugh Howey’s world of Sand. Written and sold with his permission. Scavenger: Evolution takes the landscape of Dune and throws in the pacing and thrills of Alien.

Dive right in at timothycward.com. Email me with your ebook preference at tim@timothycward.com.

message 23: by Phil (new)

Phil Buck | 1 comments Hello Everyone at Adventures in Scifi,

I have a unique product, but was hoping I may still find an audience here. I am attaching our press release here, please feel free to email me if you are interesting in reviewing a music/comic book combo.

-----------------------------------------

Denver-based record label Nematode Records presents Mission Accomplished, the second installment of Those Shadow People, a virtual band and comic book series. The project features a genre-spanning, original 4-Song EP, accompanied by a 12-page, full-color comic book. The comic book will be available in limited print edition for Free Comic Book Day (May 2nd). The EP and comic will be available as a digital package online at www.nematoderecords.com on April 28th. The music will also be available at all major digital music retailers platforms such as iTunes and Spotify on April 28th.

Listen to Those Shadow People Now: www.thoseshadowpeople.com

For interviews or features contact: phil@nematoderecords.com
A zip file containing digital versions of the music and comic book are available upon request.

###

About Those Shadow People: Drawing major inspiration from groups like Gorillaz, Those Shadow People is a “virtual band” that draws on the talents of many musicians and artists who collaborate from all over the world through the internet. The project debuted in 2012 with their first comic and music release from Nematode Records, coming in the form of a 7” vinyl with a 28-page companion comic book. The single "Open Your Eyes" backed with "Shadow Anthem" sought to bridge the gap between vinyl enthusiasts and comic book nerds. The follow up effort, Mission Accomplished, sees a greater emphasis on the music but continues the comic book collaboration with a smaller “zero issue” comic book.

Social Media:
Facebook: http://www.fb.com/ThoseShadowPeople
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ThoseShdowPeeps
Tumblr: http://thoseshadowpeoplescomics.tumbl...
Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/ThoseShadowPeople
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/nematoder...
Bandcamp: http://www.nematoderecords.bandcamp.com
Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/nematoderec...

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Best,
Phil Buck

message 24: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Haight | 6 comments Hi there - how is everyone doing?

I'm curious to hear how this works for authors - how many reviews come out of this effort?

message 25: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) I've never gotten any requests from this. I mean not one. I'm thinking of stopping participation because it just seems a waste of time and effort.

message 26: by Paul (new)

Paul Harry (epawar) | 2 comments That's because there are too many sellers and not enough buyers. With Amazon publishing a new book every five minutes, well, it becomes difficult to say the least.

message 27: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) I agree Paul. I've said that for years that we're drowning each other in a tsunami of authors and books and it's difficult to even keep our heads above the water to be noticed.
Patti

message 28: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Haight | 6 comments Sorry to hear that - I guess I'm grateful though that you told me what to expect so I know what I'm getting myself into. Cheers.

message 29: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) Take heart Daniel. I think what will happen will be a sort of threshing of authors & books and the best will rise. I hope.
Patti

message 30: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Haight | 6 comments Oh, no worries - this is all part of the journey. Cheers

message 31: by Timothy (new)

Hi folks,

These threads were set up when I was executive producer. I'm sorry that AISFP has not produced more reviews from these requests. The main focus has always been getting out podcasts, and then reviews. If you heard the recent show, you know we have a new, new executive producer since I stepped down last summer. Only Brent can answer what to expect from these requests. As an indie author myself, I see open sources for reviews as an opportunity that may only produce reviews a tenth or less of the time. My advice is to submit everywhere you can. If you can, include your covers in your requests. They will do a lot of the selling for you. Good luck to you all!

message 32: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) Timothy, it's not your fault. I think it was generous of you to set this up for other authors. It's just the state of publishing today since the field blew wide open with anyone & everyone having access to publishing now. As I said before, I think and hope a threshing process will begin to separate the writing wheat from the writing chaff but I see no signs of it yet. And it's not just GoodReads groups/discussions. I don't have the time to sit and really explore GoodReads & how to exploit correctly and I'm not sure if GR carries any real weight any longer anyway. I've heard others with the same complaints on using GR so I'm not just being gloomy either. Besides there are other new writing platforms to get authors' works out there that are growing more influential these days.

message 33: by Timothy (new)

I appreciate that and know it isn't my fault, but I wanted to share my empathy.

I still like goodreads. I hear the complaints though too. just keep throwing spaghetti at the wall and eat what sticks. then write more books.

message 34: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Haight | 6 comments Timothy wrote: "I still like goodreads. I hear the complaints though too. just keep throwing spaghetti at the wall and eat what sticks. then write more books.
"

Amen to that - I refer to it as the 'throwing pickles at the wall' test but I totally get what you mean.

message 35: by Razvan (new)

Razvan Mihai | 2 comments Hello, I have two science fiction/High fantasy/Dark humor/Space Opera books that i would like you to review them.

The series, they are port of is called:

BALADA:A Symphony of Eternity.

Here are the books:

BALADA: When my eyes are weighed with sleep I quench the evening candle's glow
"When the universe is at war, which side are you on?"

Summary:

On Caliupus 27th, Imperial year 1898, Federal year 3941, and Republican year 953 on the small home world of the Tolstoy sector, a Federal fleet clashed for less than 3 hours with an Imperial one. This small battle which was the first shot in The Great War was situated above a place called Graperust Manor, owned by a Novo Albetan lawyer called William Murasaki Kuckluck.
After the Battle of Graperust, mister Murasaki said that he had enough of the whole affair and decided to move his family 560.000 light-years to a town called New Hope within the Tremera system, to a house called Woodgrom Courthouse with the intention of avoiding the war in its entirety.
Years later the commanders of the belligerent forces came to that very same courthouse to sign the ending of all hostilities. So when it was over Mr Murasaki could boast that the war began on his front lawn porch and ended in his backyard gazebo.
The Great War raged across millions of star systems, billions of planets and trillions of light years, within it farm workers from Nova Bronze City of the Towar System, clashed with fisherman from Seshrim 9, lawyers and schoolteachers from the Brumbaki Plains of Bulla 8 with doctors and accountants from The Tjigu asteroid cluster.
Whole nations and ways of life would disappear only to be replaced by new ones and within this age of chaos great heroes and villains would emerge, several sentients would join the war, each from the three superpowers, they would be at the most crucial and most bloody of the battles and somehow survive them all, and give testimony of just how unrealistic reality could become.
A smuggler would save a country , a shadow warrior would emerge from the darkness, a rebel would reshape the galaxy, a sentient would change the way things were forever, and a potions brewer who did not go a single day to military school would become the greatest commander the known universe had ever seen or perhaps would ever see. So the sands of time flowed and with their passing the universe changed forevermore.

Grand Scholar and Great War Expert Djanus Todomari
Imperium Archives

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TSKWSAI

And:

BALADA: And leave the ticking clock alone, on the path of time to go.

"The first spark of war is lit, but even that tiny spark is a fire that incinerates all!"

Summary:

Excerpt from the diary of Private Raz V’a van,
“We were the legionaries of Malus, The World Breaker”

To the west side of our position, we gazed at the source of the light and saw that it was a column of chariots charging the rear of the enemy. Above it, a massive multiheaded dragon formed entirely of hellfire flew as the great body of our allies charged the Federal’s rear.
The sight was greeted with a resounding cheer from our side and the breaking of ranks and desertion from the enemy, since the Hellfire Dragon was one of the most powerful fire attacks used in battle. On top of that, since our chariots where now sweeping the enemy from behind it meant that the Federal and Volunian chariots had been defeated and if that wasn’t enough, the cherry on top soon followed. For right in the speartip of that formation, riding a topless spider-wolf-jeep was none other than our new fleet commander. Oh yes, The Fox of Marengo himself was leading the charge. That sight of destruction was one of the most beautiful things I saw that whole month.

Private Raz V’a van, Imperial Logistic and Engineer Corps.

Extract from the book “Confessions, an Admirals tale volume I”

............‘Scuze me, but could we please turn this massive fleet around so I can pulverize some boots, a water bottle, a ration pack and compass so as to not insult the raging killer coming at us, since I realized the enemies true number, for I was too stupid to turn the report page and saw that he has 35.000 ships instead of 350, and I don’t want to make him mad!’

Metternich per Pelasgiamus, Freelance Potions Maker

................“Come on! What does heaven have against peaches!” the young commodore mentally lamented as he gazed at the magic field map on the spider-wolf-jeep’s backseat dashboard to see what was going on.

........................"“By the Glory Hole of Saint Epusculatus, it’s our comm’ander himself, bless ye sir, we din’ think you’d be the ‘one ta save us!” ...........................................

................"This made my stomach ache even worse, since I was now isolated from our main army and going back there while a battalion of elite shock troopers, old but still very deadly, where left unchecked in the woodland just to the right of me, was not a very delightful way to spent a lovely thunderstorm riddled morning such as this. ".......................

.............“Tardiness, sloppy pursuit!? Compared to what, a bolt of lightning?” ....................

...............“Transmit the following: ‘Spare no expense and blast them to Oblivion!’ Also Werner, get your Berets down there, it’s been almost five minutes since your soldiers decimated the enemy and that’s just bad business for us!” Metternich said to Butz and Von Braun........................

........................Metternich also ordered Butz to join the main army so he could bravely lead his soldiers. Preferably from behind as many bodies between him and the enemy as they are available of course, preferably a few light years away, but then, we all do things that we don’t like from time to time..................

...........“Sir, I think you might have hit your head in the fight, since what you just suggested is insane!” Dalius spoke up.

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/BALADA-ticking-...

Both books are only 0.99 cents each.

message 36: by Wade (new)

Wade Garret | 3 comments Genesis
Back Blurb:
After a year of laborious solitude and a conflict brought to the doorstep of his father's house, Jak, a Southlander of meek circumstance, will come to accept the future isn't set. With abilities unnerving to any Areht, against forgotten enemies rising in every corner of the planet, he’ll be forced to resolve his destiny as One of Five that can change the world.
Such selfless transcendence isn’t easy, nor simply the heroic result of dark revelations shielded from him since childhood now exposed; rather, it's because of what’s undeniable, even to him. Like all great forces collected at the tip of the spear, the truth of his purpose and the price of his existence has a cost and there's no getting around paying it in blood.

Publisher's pitch:
The true test for Man, is if he can stand naked before himself without blinking.
The same trial of existence for a God, however, even one created, is if when he blinks, will he change or the world?

Adventurous readers seeking a vast, yet strangely familiar world of intense action and strange magic woven between waring global powers and ancient spiritual corruption will be drawn to this epic blend of gritty Steam/Diesel-punk and realistic sword-wielding Dark Fantasy. And once caught in its exciting pages, they'll quickly learn what really separates Man from what is Evolved.

To learn more, you can read my reviews on Amazon, B&N.com, Goodreads and my blog wjgarret.blogspot.com. Thanks so much for your time,

Wade
@wadejgarret
WadeGarret@FB

message 37: by Strangelet (new)

Strangelet Press (strangeletjournal) | 1 comments Strangelet is a new scifi literary journal featuring short fiction, poetry, and art by emerging writers and artists. In Issue 0, Strangelet's extra-long inaugural issue, you'll summon gods, hunt ghouls in Persia, and instant message yourself in alternate dimensions.

We would love to see your review! Strangelet, Issue 0 is available in print and epub formats.

Find us on Goodreads
Learn more about Strangelet
Find us on Amazon.com

message 38: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (goodreadscomdeborah_jay) | 1 comments Seeking reviews for newly released multi-author SFF anthology, The World and the Stars
The World and the Stars by Deborah Jay
Twenty-four of the most exciting voices in genre fiction bring you the world and the stars, each in their own individual way.
Stories that explore the vast grandeur of the universe, worlds close to us, worlds far in the distance. Alternate Earths, colonies in the sky, engineered worlds, mystical battlegrounds, pirate seas, underground caverns, journeys in time and across the stars.
Includes a mix of new stories, and some previously published in such places as Interzone, Asimov's and Strange Horizons.
Authors include Tanith Lee, Liz Williams, Cherith Balrdry, Daniel Kaysen and Peter T. Garrett amongst others, with foreword by Mike Ashley.
Free review copies available in Mobi, epub and PDF formats, message me if interested, thank you.

message 39: by Leighton (new)

Leighton | 2 comments Hi my name is Leighton Williams and I'm seeking a review for my science fiction adventure novella called "Fateful Encounter" which is the first in a series.

What if I told you something horrible was going to happen to you, would you believe me? How about if I said I read your fate in a book from the future?
A mysterious stowaway could mean trouble for the crew members of the mighty Pearl. How could he possibly know the fate of their ship, and why does he constantly speak of the future? To heed the warning of a stranger seems silly, but ignoring him could cost them their lives.
Fateful Encounter is a science-fiction thriller featuring Dayton, an ordinary man with an extraordinary problem. All he wanted was to get some rest, but instead he awoke to a monstrous problem. In a race against time, Dayton must figure out how to save a group of strangers from the past that do not trust him. A story that combines both time travel and sea voyages as well as inspired by and based on an harrowing account as reported in the London Times of July 4, 1874, Fateful Encounter will draw in readers who crave a classic adventure with a modern twist.

www.amazon.com/Fateful-Encounter-Book...

Email: andrewa771@gmail.com

message 40: by S.M. (new)

S.M. Guariento (smguariento) | 1 comments Title: Incarnadine
Author: S.M.Guariento
Publisher: Createspace, October 2014

Synopsis:

The time: an alternative present still ruled by Imperial Rome. Over half the world's people have vanished overnight, in a forgotten catastrophe known only as the Amnesis. The survivors share a common affliction: a pervasive sense of déjà vu, making the faces of strangers seem oddly familiar...

Stranger still is the Paradigma: a formula devised by elusive magus Zerkalo Incarnadine, and delivered to Caesar in his underground fortress. Before long, the true power of the Paradigma begins to reveal itself. It can turn the written word into a force for creation – or destruction.

When alchemist, intriguer and full-time rogue Andreas Stahlherz learns of the Paradigma, he is catapulted into an adventure that will soon see him fighting for his life. Darkly obsessed with the sister he has lost, and resolved to see her live again, Stahlherz must track down Incarnadine to find the answers he needs. His search will take him beyond the limits of the known cosmos – and further still, towards his own forgotten heart of darkness...

A wildly original and gripping debut, INCARNADINE is a novel of murder, obsession – and transformation.

The novel has already been favourably reviewed on the scifi365.net blog: “Literary Science Fiction at its finest...like Neal Stephenson at his baroque best... Utterly original, this tale of the disintegration of reality in a Roman Empire that never fell is a must buy for the serious Science Fiction reader. If you enjoy Stephenson or China Mieville, S.M Guariento may just be your new hero.”

Available formats: Paperback, Kindle, PDF.

Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Author’s website: http://www.smguariento.com/

Thank you for your time and consideration. Please feel free to contact me at smguariento (at) btinternet (dot) com, through Goodreads or via my website (www.smguariento.com).

message 41: by Brian (last edited Sep 26, 2015 10:01AM) (new)

Brian Burt | 1 comments I'm seeking reviews for Book 2 in the Aquarius Rising trilogy, Aquarius Rising: Blood Tide. This is the sequel to Aquarius Rising: In the Tears of God, which won the 2014 EPIC eBook Award for Science Fiction. This book has received a 4 of 4 stars review from Online Book Club and a favorable review from Midwest Book Review.

Synopsis:

Megalops is an Aquarian from one of the many reef-cities that thrive beneath the waves on an Earth transformed by climate change. Humans clinging to the barren lands blame Aquarius for their plight and unleashed the Medusa Plague that entombed Megalops's wife and daughter in stone. Tormented by that loss, Megalops swears to avenge his murdered family by unleashing a Vendetta Virus as cruel and lethal as Medusa. Ocypode the Atavism and his allies battle desperate odds to prevent Megalops from igniting global conflict. War demands sacrifice. If Mother Earth and Mother Ocean wage war against each other, will anyone survive?

Book Links:

Goodreads - Aquarius Rising: Blood Tide

Double Dragon Publishing (DDP) - http://www.double-dragon-ebooks.com/single.php?ISBN=1-77115-254-0

Author's Web Site - http://www.briantburt.com/novels/blood-tide.html

Available Formats:

The book is available in eBook format from any major online bookseller (Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble, Apple iBooks, Kobo, etc.). It is available in paperback format from lulu.com and Amazon. It is available in eBook (.epub, .mobi) or PDF format from the publisher's web site as well.

I can provide a press release of media kit bundle upon request. Thank you very much for your time and consideration!

Note: Since this is Book 2 of a trilogy, I'm happy to provide eBook review copies of both Books 1 and 2 if desired.

message 42: by Olga (new)

Olga Werby (olga_werby) | 1 comments I am seeking reviews for "Suddenly, Paris":

http://www.amazon.com/Suddenly-Paris-...

The book is available in paperback and in ebook formats. I would be happy to provide Kindle versions of the book to those who are interested in reading it. Thank you!

This is a description on Amazon:

"Julie Vorov thought her job was to do well in high school and stay out of trouble. She also thought her biggest problem was betraying her best friend by hooking-up with a traitorous boyfriend. But in a world where being human is just a matter of programming, everything changes. Suddenly, Julie finds herself allied with a scrappy group of alien scientists whose own world has already been destroyed. Together, they mount a clandestine effort to stop the Earth from also being eradicated. And Julie discovers that she’s the pivotal instability—the tipping point—in the plans of another group of aliens bent on invasion. As Julie battles to save everything she cares about, she uncovers secrets about her own origins that shatter the core of her beliefs. And she falls so deeply in love that the most extreme obstacles posed by loyalty, age, gender, species, and parents will have to be overcome. Your heart always recognizes the one you love.”

And this is a much longer description — it gives away a bit of the story…

BASIC PREMISE:

What if the world we live in is not all that it appears to be? What if it were a massive computer simulation? How will humans react if the news gets out that we are only clever computer sprites? Will we survive? Other civilizations have not.

The fulcrum of the "virtual universe" dilemma rests on the story of Julie as she weighs the questions of identity and love. How does a high school student cope with learning her soulmate, Paris, is an alien -- and that she herself is not who she thought she was? Challenges continue as Julie realizes that Paris comes in many forms. What happens when your soul-mate appears as an old man and an eight-year-old girl? Is it easier that he can also be an attractive human guy in his twenties who just happens to be an alien?

SHORT DESCRIPTION:

Julie Vorov thought her job was to do well in high school and stay out of trouble. She also thought her biggest problem was that she cheated with her best friend's traitorous boyfriend. But in a world where being human is just a matter of programming, everything changes.

What if the world we live in is not all that it appears to be? What if it were a massive computer simulation? How will humans react if the news gets out that we are only clever computer sprites? Will we survive? Other civilizations have not.

Suddenly, Julie finds herself allied with a scrappy group of alien scientists whose own world has already been destroyed. Together, they mount a clandestine effort to stop the Earth from going the same way. And Julie discovers that she’s the pivotal instability in the plans of another group of aliens bent on invasion.

As Julie battles to save everything she cares about, she uncovers secrets about her own origins that shatter the core of her beliefs. And she falls so deeply in love that the most extreme obstacles posed by loyalty, age, gender, species, and parents will have to be overcome.

The fulcrum of the "virtual universe" dilemma rests on the story of Julie as she weighs the questions of identity and love. How does a high school student cope with learning her soulmate, Paris, is an alien -- and that she herself is not who she thought she was? Challenges continue as Julie realizes that Paris comes in many forms. What happens when your soul-mate appears as an old man and an eight-year-old girl? Is it easier that he's also an attractive human guy in his twenties who just happens to be an alien?

Your heart always knows the one you love.

SYNOPSIS:

Julie Vorov is an ordinary 10th grader, attending San Francisco public school. She lives with her parents, her brother Peter, and her grandmother Babushka Bo in a building owned by Mr. Lee. A friend of Babushka Bo from the time Julie's dad was born, Mr. Lee helped the Vorovs escape from communist Russia. A typical teenager, Julie hasn't paid much attention to such ancient history.

While Julie's in the hospital after an unexplained accident, a strange family moves into her building: Asa Urt and his two daughters, Paris and Angie. Angie's a teenager with hot pink hair and matching outfits and some very unusual talents. Paris is her younger sister. Like Mr. Lee, they all have piercing green eyes. Julie's mom treats the girls as part of the family after a surprisingly short time. Angie tries hard to gain Julie's friendship. Paris quickly wins over Peter. And there's a strong bond between the Urt family and Babushka Bo. In particular, Paris seems strangely attached to her. These new relationships make Julie uneasy. 

Julie stumbles on a series of midnight meetings between Mr. Lee and the Urts. There seems to be a conspiracy afoot. The Urts appear to be able to walk through walls. Julie overhears them speculating about her grandmother's upcoming death. Scared and disturbed, she decides to investigate.

Julie starts her detective work by asking questions about her family's background. She finds clues: an old National Geographic, a Wired Magazine article, a science documentary. Did the Urts leave these? One day, Julie witnesses her grandmother suffer a seizure -- Babushka Bo "pauses" while cooking, freezing in mid-action. Julie is horrified.

Julie now believes that her grandmother is about to die and that the Urts know and won't help her. She confronts them and learns that the Urts and Babushka Bo are aliens. More then 100 years ago, Bo, then a young woman called Bolorma, crash-landed in deep Siberian wilderness, causing the 1908 Tunguskan Blast. Julie, Peter, and her dad are genetic hybrids between an alien race and humans. 

None of this matters in the face of Babushka Bo's death. How can Julie save her? She learns that not all of her grandmother's essence is encapsulated into her human form. Some part of Bolorma's consciousness remains intact outside of this world, but it won't survive the death of her human body. Julie insists on attaching the extra consciousness to herself. As Bolorma dies, Julie becomes more then she was before. She also becomes a point of instability for the human race.

The Urts finally trust Julie and confide in her: Earth and the whole of humanity are part of a computer simulation. If humans learn this terrible truth, they'll destroy themselves, other simulations have done; as as did the Urts's civilization. The Urts escaped into Earth's simulation after the demise of their world.  Only a few survive. They've been working hard to protect the people of Earth from The Great Revelation.

The Urts have managed to carve out a space between worlds where they can exist. This space is connected to Earth through a vestibule--a long corridor with many doors, each leading to a different location. One such door is hidden in Julie's building. Another leads to a little house in Hawaii. Yet another opens into a penthouse apartment in the middle of Paris. There are doors to cities where other Tunguskan survivors live. There are only three survivors left: Gibbor, a scientist at the British Museum; and Adamah and Sekhel, who for the last 100 years lived as monks in the Zenyouji Temple in Tokyo. Like Bolorma, their programming is deteriorating. They no longer remember who they are.

Being a computer-simulated alien hybrid does have certain advantages. Julie's broken leg from her accident heals super fast but this raises suspicions. It's difficult to hide the truth from Julie's parents. And Julie is starting to develop strong feelings for Paris. Can she be in love with an eight-year-old girl? Paris reveals more of the secret to Julie -- she can switch bodies. In one form, Paris is the little girl. She also uses the body of Julie's old friend and neighbor Mr. Lee. They are one and the same! Julie is confused as her feelings for Paris grow. 

To relieve the stress, Paris takes Julie to Paris, France, where she reveals a third body -- the body that was chosen by Bolorma for her mate. The handsome young man with green eyes introduces Julie to more of his people's back story. Julie now knows that she is in love with Paris. Regardless of the body he chooses, Paris is Paris. Julie is in love with the soul. Paris loved Julie's grandmother, her babushka, who lives on in her. Does Paris love Julie too?

While the Urts continue to try to protect humans from the Great Revelation, another alien race has broken into the Earth simulation. These aliens are evil. The Others want to take over and use Earth as a backup for their world. 

The Others are trying to steal the technology to create human bodies. Their first attempt to grab Bolorma's body led to her death. The second attempt killed Adamah. The Others go after the remaining monk, Sekhei, and also grab Paris. Julie and the Urts rush to help them. But it's too late. Sekhel dies in front of Julie. The Others get hold of Mr. Lee's body and abduct Julie and Angie.

Julie and Angie find themselves in a prison with strange geometry and abrupt gravitational shifts, outside of Earth's time and space. Julie discovers sound vision, something akin to echo-location. The girls search their prison in complete darkness and stumble on an anomaly -- a door. They are able to call for help. The door opens, gravity shifts ninety degrees, and they drop into the Zenyouji Temple.

Julie is experiencing a strange sick sensation. The Urts recognize Julie's condition as a pair bond. For their people, pair bonding is a profound, physical, and life-long condition. In taking on her grandmother's extended consciousness, Julie has taken on her need for her mate as well. She and Paris are bonded!

As the result of the bond, Julie can feel Paris's location. She returns into the twisted prison to search for Paris. After surviving numerous hardships, she finds Paris on the brink of death. He's not human, but it no longer matters to Julie--male or female, a little girl or an old man, a creature from another world--it's still Paris. Julie draws on all her energy, her humanity, her creativity, her strength and manages to get him to safety.

The Urts and Paris are concerned about the bond. It's wrong for Julie to inherit her grandmother's marriage. It's wrong for her to be bonded with a creature from an alien world, several centuries her senior. But Julie doesn't care. She loves Paris and wants the bond, even as she is convinced she would love Paris forever even without it. Due to a misunderstanding, Julie runs away, hoping to punish everyone with her absence. It's childish and stupid. Julie almost dies in a snow-filled wilderness. But at last, she is rescued and returns safely home to San Francisco.

There's only one other Tunguskan survivor left -- Gibbor. When he goes, will his consciousness live on? Julie's brother Peter has been jealous of her adventures and would be the ideal host. Will the merge take place?  In the meantime, Julie vows to focus on being  just a normal 16-year-old girl if everyone would just let her be with Paris. Julie introduces her parents to Paris, the young man, and they go on their first date.

message 43: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Demers (wwwgoodreadscomjddemers) | 1 comments Request for Book Review The Hunt Chronicles Volume 1: Awakening

Blurb: After a contagion engulfs humanity, zombies rise to feast on the few survivors that are left. But they are not the worst monsters to come from this plague. There is hope, though. Christian Hunt is immune. But how many lives will it take to bring his gift to what’s left of mankind?

Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Hunt-Chronicles...

Audible Link: http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fant...

message 44: by Niamh (last edited Dec 11, 2015 09:06AM) (new)

Niamh Brown (niamhbrown) | 1 comments NovoPulp: The Speculative Fiction Anthology – Published by Hermit Studio

NovoPulp Anthology - Volume 3:

Written by and for those who love the genre – pushing boundaries, asking questions, demanding answers, and even providing some. Bringing back the best of Pulp!

The NovoPulp Anthology is back with it’s third volume of speculative fiction. The stories in this volume range from the deeply thought-provoking (such as Death of a Universe by Lacerant Plainer), through the heartbreaking (Perfect by Chris Dangerfield), through classic hard-sf (such as Salvage by M. J. Kobernus and Nothing At All by H. David Blalock), to the just plain fun (Star-Crossed Lawlessness by William J. Jackson).

"An eclectic collection of Speculative Fiction short stories." - OnlineBookClub.org

"NovoPulp is an exciting and promising initiative." - Himmelskibet Magazine

"Like the cover, the NovoPulp Anthology will take the reader back to this golden age of speculative fiction." - StrangerViews.com

Released Nov 27th 2015. Available in Print, ePUB, and Kindle at Amazon, GooglePlay, and other outlets.

NovoPulp Book Store:
http://www.novopulp.com/store

Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/NovoPulp-Anthol...

Goodreads link:

Published by Hermit Studio:
http://www.hermitstudio.com

message 45: by Jo (new)

Jo Zebedee | 1 comments Hi, request for a book review

Inish Carraig by Jo Zebedee

Aliens vs Belfast with a dash of District Nine

Post-alien invasion Belfast. Earth has been defeated. Pity the locals aren't listening.

Belfast teenager John Dray will do what he must to survive. When he's offered desperately needed food in exchange for dispersing a mysterious compound over the city, he takes the job. The compound turns out to be a virus lethal to the city's invaders, and John is charged with xenocide.

He's sent to Inish Carraig, a forbidding prison, where he uncovers the secret behind the virus - a secret that threatens Earth and everyone he loves. He needs to unveil the conspiracy.

He just has to get out of prison first

Goodreads link

Amazon link http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B012782E0G

message 46: by Jackson (new)

Jackson Coppley | 2 comments Check out Tales From Our Near Future

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Near-Futu...

message 47: by MG (new)

MG Hardie | 2 comments We would like to submit the first novel in the THEM series, THEM: The Awakening for review. Review copies available in mobi, epub, PDF and Word files.
DATE OF PUBLICATION: April 12, 2016

THEM: The Awakening

Devon Heathrow is a stock trader who is married to Sarah, she is a theoretical physicist. They live on the outskirts of town where they are raising Brianna, their one year old daughter. Devon goes to town every day, fights for parking spaces, and finds ways to keep investors happy. Sarah lectures, but these days she is a stay-at-home mother.
One day a small package is mistakenly delivered to their house. Once Devon opens the package his life is changed forever. Inside this package is eyewear that allows Devon to not only communicate with his wife, but to feel her as well. Little does Devon know that the device is also a window into another world, a world that is now alerted to his presence.
On his way home two twisters nearly drive his car off the road. Later that evening Them appear and they kill Devon, his wife and his daughter. Devon is revived in a secret military base, by a renegade member of Them. In this secret base he told about Them as he is being altered.
Now driven by anger, all Devon wants are answers…

Facebook Link https://www.facebook.com/ThemAreHere/

message 48: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Bensen I'm writing to request a review for my indie sci-fi book: GROOM OF THE TYRANNOSAUR QUEEN, a time-travel romance with dinosaurs

synopsis:
Former soldier Andrea Herrera isn’t happy with where her life’s taken her. Specifically, Hell Creek, Montana, 65 million years before the present. As far as careers go, making sure the dinosaurs don’t eat her paleontologist clients comes in a pretty dismal second choice to serving her country. But when their time machine malfunctions, Andrea and her team are trapped in a timeline that shouldn’t exist with something a hell of a lot more dangerous than terrible lizards: other humans.

a link to your book on Goodreads:

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018...

My website: http://www.thekingdomsofevil.com/?pag...

formats available: .mobi, .azw, .pdf, .epub, .doc or any other electronic format (not print)
one blurb: Groom of the Tyrannosaur Queen is the kind of book that hits the ground running and doesn’t stop. “ —Carrie Patel, author of the Buried Life

Thank you,
Daniel Bensen

message 49: by Curtis (new)

Curtis Chen (sparckl) | 2 comments Waypoint Kangaroo: A Novel
by Curtis C. Chen

Synopsis:

Kangaroo isn’t your typical spy. Sure, he has extensive agency training, access to bleeding-edge technology, and a ready supply of clever (to him) quips and retorts. But what sets him apart is “the pocket.” It’s a portal that opens into an empty, seemingly infinite, parallel universe, and Kangaroo is the only person in the world who can use it. But he's pretty sure the agency only keeps him around to exploit his superpower.

After he bungles yet another mission, Kangaroo gets sent away on a mandatory “vacation:” an interplanetary cruise to Mars. While he tries to make the most of his exile, two passengers are found dead, and Kangaroo has to risk blowing his cover. It turns out he isn’t the only spy on the ship–and he’s just starting to unravel a massive conspiracy which threatens the entire Solar System.

Now, Kangaroo has to stop a disaster which would shatter the delicate peace that’s existed between Earth and Mars ever since the brutal Martian Independence War. A new interplanetary conflict would be devastating for both sides. Millions of lives are at stake.

Weren’t vacations supposed to be relaxing?

Formats available: PDF

Blurb:

"If you like your adventure lightning-paced and set in space, this is the book for you. Waypoint Kangaroo is a high tech thriller set on a passenger liner headed for Mars, featuring a wisecracking secret agent with a super power that will blow your mind. New writer Curtis Chen delivers non-stop action that twists and turns and finally hurtles to a harrowing climax. Prepare for old-fashioned sense of wonder updated with cutting edge hardware in this deft first novel."
- James Patrick Kelly, winner of the Hugo, Nebula and Locus awards

More info: WaypointKangaroo.com

message 50: by Kristi (new)

Kristi | 1 comments Mod
Hey Curtis! We're very interested in looking at this- contact me privately and we'll see about getting a reviewer paired!

« previous 1