Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Themes > Hero Jilts heroine .. Hurts her ,for revenge,.. then regrets ..

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by zuba (new)

zuba | 42 comments Hi ... sooo im looking for books where in the hero hurts the heroine probably because she hurt him in the past or something.. Like sleeps with her .. nice hot sex and tells her to get lost the next day,, Or pretends to have an affair with her .. only to leave her later... Well yeah he does redeem himself eventually.. Any recommendations. Id be grateful.. Love you :))

message 2: by KatieV (new)

KatieV | 141 comments There are actually quite a few where the H does this sort of thing for revenge against her family and the h is just collateral damage. Just off the top of my head Savage Destiny, Response,Purchased for Revenge.

Giordanni's Proposal also sort of fits, in that his original plan is to seduce for revenge but it goes a bit differently than above.

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded--hero does it for revenge.

message 4: by Jyothi (new)

Jyothi | 49 comments The Asking Price this too has revenge by the H as theme.

message 5: by Sumita (new)

Sumita Haldar | 13 comments mistress of the groom by susan napier

message 6: by Suzanne (last edited Nov 30, 2014 10:45PM) (new)

Suzanne | 2 comments Wedding Vow of Revenge - Lucy Monroe (maybe not quite on point, the revenge isn't against her, but on someone else by using her)

Two Faced Woman - Roberta Leigh

The Greek Tycoon's Innocent Mistress - Kathryn Ross

A Sicilian Seduction - Michelle Reid

I look forward to seeing more posts from people because I also enjoy this theme.

message 7: by zuba (new)

zuba | 42 comments Mistress of the groom is one of the best books i've ever read .. AMAZING

message 8: by willaful (new)

willaful | 344 comments Historical rather than HP, but a great example of the theme: Christmas Beau.

I think An Unforgettable Man has this theme, and it's awesome.

message 9: by Becky (new)

Becky  (BeckyNJ) | 47 comments The Sicilian's Christmas Bride. Didn't love this one, but he does foreclose on her childhood home...

message 10: by Vintage (new)

Vintage (vintagesedona) | 281 comments I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Mistress of the Groom doesn't take place in a stable.

message 11: by zuba (new)

zuba | 42 comments hahahahahaha ... Ofcourse it doesn't ;D
Do give it a read kelly, if u haven't already.
Its awesome :D
especially the H

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Gul wrote: "Mistress of the groom is one of the best books i've ever read .. AMAZING"

One of my all time faves!

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Kelly wrote: "I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Mistress of the Groom doesn't take place in a stable."

Hehe. Nope!

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

willaful wrote: "Historical rather than HP, but a great example of the theme: Christmas Beau.

I think An Unforgettable Man has this theme, and it's awesome."

Yeah, really like this too.

message 15: by Jiha (new)

Jiha | 34 comments the demetruious line by margeret pargater , h was really cruel and almost did this