Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Understanding Islam and the Muslims
25 views
Book Issues > Combine -- two of the same book

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dru (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dru | 14 comments Sorry for this, but I tried to upload just
one book, but things got boggled...

Please combine the following two books, BUT
for some reason the color image of the cover
at the first link is sideways. I can't fix
it! Please don't use the B/W image on
the 2nd link, but if you can please rotate
the image of the first link to be right
side up when you combine them.

Thanks!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...


message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Dru wrote: "Sorry for this, but I tried to upload just
one book, but things got boggled...

Please combine the following two books, BUT
for some reason the color image of the cover
at the first link is sideway..."


Cover rotated and lightened a bit.


message 3: by Dru (last edited Feb 04, 2014 04:53AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dru | 14 comments Banjomike,

Thanks for fixing the cover. The database now shows two editions of the book, but that's not true. There's one edition. I just screwed up and loaded it twice (first with a B/W image of the cover then later with the screwed up rotated color image). Can you just delete the one with the B/W image, because that is not an actual "other edition" at all.

Thank you, and sorry for all the trouble!

Dru


message 4: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Dru wrote: "Banjomike,

Thanks for fixing the cover. The database now shows two editions of the book, but that's not true. There's one edition. I just screwed up and loaded it twice (first with a B/W image of the cover then later with the screwed up rotated color image). Can you just delete the one with the B/W image, because that is not an actual "other edition" at all.

Thank you, and sorry for all the trouble!

Dru "


Just to confirm, you want this one removing
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

the other one is on your shelves.


message 5: by Ahmet (new)

Ahmet Çetinkaya (ahmetctinkaya) | 19 comments hi!
this two books are same,
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
but i can't delete anyone of them. "Only super-librarians can delete books with so many reviews"

and this, the same issue
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
thanks


message 6: by Ine (new)

Ine | 263 comments Ahmet, you should post those in https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..., not on a thread for another book.


message 7: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Ahmet wrote: "hi!
this two books are same,
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
but i can't delete anyone of them. "Only sup..."


I've done the first pair but I'm going out now.


message 8: by Ine (new)

Ine | 263 comments Dru wrote: "Can you just delete the one with the B/W image, because that is not an actual "other edition" at all."

Done. I've also edited the author name to remove the title "Imam", because Goodreads policy is not to include titles or honorifics in author names unless necessary to avoid confusion. https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/6... and https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2...


message 9: by Dru (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dru | 14 comments Thanks Ine, and thanks to all the librarians...love the work you all do!


message 10: by Emy (last edited Feb 05, 2014 07:03AM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5036 comments #5 Ahmet's query dealt with by Banjomike and myself.


back to top