Shelfarians discussion

Shelfari > Shelfari Status

Comments Showing 1-50 of 401 (401 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by John (new)

John (jwarner6comcastnet) | 44 comments Is anyone else experiencing current problems with Shelfari? Besides not receiving any email notifications, when I log on I receive a sign in screen which when entering my log on info, I receive a welcome and invitation to build a profile, one that I have had for several years. No bookshelf, groups, friends, etc. It is as Shelfari has had a complete meltdown.

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 286 comments It appears the site is down. I've had email issues for almost a week now with notifications coming intermittently, sometimes 24-hours later.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Yup, the site is down. Hopefully, it will be up again soon.

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Rose (jai575) | 24 comments I'm so glad you guys posted this. I was almost in tears because I thought my whole shelf had been wiped out. Yeah I know that makes me a little pathetic lol.

I was getting notifications earlier but I usually get a large group update around 2pm, so I guess I will have to see if that arrives.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Not pathetic at all Jamie, when you consider how much time and effort we have put in to building our shelves. If mine disappeared, I'd go ballistic for sure.

message 6: by Leah (new)

Leah K (uberbutter) | 6 comments Oh good, whew. I was scared it was just me that the site was down for. I don't feel so alone anymore!

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 286 comments I've sent an email to feedback@shelfari.com just to see what they say.

message 8: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Rose (jai575) | 24 comments Lauren wrote: "Not pathetic at all Jamie, when you consider how much time and effort we have put in to building our shelves. If mine disappeared, I'd go ballistic for sure."

aww thanks Lauren - :) I love that my book friends get it!! x

message 9: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Rose (jai575) | 24 comments Leah wrote: "Oh good, whew. I was scared it was just me that the site was down for. I don't feel so alone anymore!"

me too Leah:) x

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 286 comments Jamie wrote: "I'm so glad you guys posted this. I was almost in tears because I thought my whole shelf had been wiped out. Yeah I know that makes me a little pathetic lol.

I was getting notifications earlier b..."

I have to admit to a moment of panic. These days, I'm never certain as to the source of the issues. I have a yahoo mail account and am holding my breath after learning their mail system was breached. When I couldn't access Shelfari, my imagination ran amok:)

message 11: by John (new)

John (jwarner6comcastnet) | 44 comments Jamie, you not pathetic. I had that same sinking feeling.

message 12: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 77 comments Came here to check on Shelfari. Thanks for posting.

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 286 comments Here's the response I received from Amazon:

"I'm sorry for the trouble you had sign-in to your account.

I've reported this to our technical team, and they've informed me that there is a server problem going on with our Shelfari website and all our customers aren't able to log in to their shelfari accounts.

I'd like to assure you that our technical team is already working on it to resolve this issue at earliest.

In this case, I'd request you try logging in again over the next few hours. Errors like this are usually corrected shortly after they're reported.

Thanks for your patience while we fix this problem. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

message 14: by Eadie (new)

Eadie (eadieburke) | 17 comments Great! Thanks Jonetta!

message 15: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott Thanks Jonetta, I too was going a little crazy whwn I couldn't log on. Good to know they are woking on it.

message 16: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Rose (jai575) | 24 comments Jonetta wrote: "Jamie wrote: "I'm so glad you guys posted this. I was almost in tears because I thought my whole shelf had been wiped out. Yeah I know that makes me a little pathetic lol.

I was getting notificat..."

Thanks Jonetta. I have emailed shelfari as well,I hope they get it fixed :/ I didn't know yahoo had been breached - fingers crossed you don't have any problems as a result x

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Thanks for the update, Jonetta.

I'm always at a loss when something happens with Shelfari. Since Amazon bought GR, I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop and for them to announce that they are shutting Shelfari down for good :0(

message 18: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Rose (jai575) | 24 comments John wrote: "Jamie, you not pathetic. I had that same sinking feeling."

Aww thanks John:) it's very comforting to know I'm not the only one x

message 19: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Rose (jai575) | 24 comments Thanks for the update Jonetta. I wish they'd just put you in charge over there x

message 20: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Rose (jai575) | 24 comments Lauren wrote: "Thanks for the update, Jonetta.

I'm always at a loss when something happens with Shelfari. Since Amazon bought GR, I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop and for them to announce that they ..."

I've been waiting for that shoe also. I'd like to think they'll keep both sites because although shelfari is glitchy (even though the glitches could be sorted with some investment from the parent company lol), it's still a great site, with plenty of users...

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 286 comments Because they've been so responsive lately in fixing reported issues I began to think they are content with the support model in place. Still don't know the future but I have to believe the site is worth salvaging, even if they don't invest development dollars into anymore.

message 22: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 10 comments Thanks for the update. I've been freaking out as well.

message 23: by Madame Mona Lisa (new)

Madame Mona Lisa (madamemonalisa) | 5 comments John wrote: "Is anyone else experiencing current problems with Shelfari? Besides not receiving any email notifications, when I log on I receive a sign in screen which when entering my log on info, I receive a w..."

John I've been trying for hours to log in and I get that sign in screen. I emailed Melissa and she is also experiencing the same exact problem.

message 24: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 286 comments At least now we get a Shelfari screen telling us they're offline.

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Jonetta wrote: "At least now we get a Shelfari screen telling us they're offline."

Progress!

message 26: by Foghorn (new)

Foghorn (foghornleghorn) | 10 comments This is just a ploy to get us Shelfarians to use Goodreads more! I have to admit I was irritated when I tried to sign in again (after not having to do that forever) and the site wouldn't accept it.

message 27: by Tracey (last edited Feb 04, 2014 10:35AM) (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 38 comments I feel lost without Shelfari! Just sat down after a long and hard day at work to enjoy catching up on Shelfari and it's not there :-(

Thanks for the update Jonetta!

message 28: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 286 comments You're welcome! I just finished reading a book and started another...feels funny not to be posting that info:)

message 29: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 153 comments Mod
I checked Shelfari at about 6:30 this morning (central time zone) and had no problem getting in.

I got an email from a Shelfari friend just now reporting the same sort of sign-in problems all of you have reported (i.e. she signed in and had no shelves or profile). So I tried to sign in and got the Shelfari is off reading a short novel but will be back soon! message.

We can only hope.

Personally, I'm going to also email feedback@shelfari.com

message 30: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Rose (jai575) | 24 comments Book Concierge wrote: "I checked Shelfari at about 6:30 this morning (central time zone) and had no problem getting in.

I got an email from a Shelfari friend just now reporting the same sort of sign-in problems all of ..."

I think it was shortly after that when my shelf page froze and then the site wouldn't let me back in, my last notification email was 6.39 am.

message 31: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Rose (jai575) | 24 comments well, the sign -in page is back, but not working...

message 32: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Rose (jai575) | 24 comments Yes it is! yay My books are still there

message 33: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 286 comments I'm in!

message 34: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott The site is working again.

message 35: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 77 comments The site is working again but I haven't receive emails as of 5:14 pm CST

message 36: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 10 comments I'm, back in as well, yipee!

message 37: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 286 comments Are any of you getting email notifications?

message 38: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 194 comments I have to say I'm glad I missed it all being at work today, and not even trying to log in at lunch (which I often do, but didn't today).

I, too, worry about shelfari's future. My preference between GR and LibraryThing, though is LT, so I'm trying to back everything up there. It's taking a long time, though, as I only do small bits at a time (I dont' want to cut back on my reading time, either!!!!).

message 39: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) It's bbbaaacckkkk!

message 40: by John (new)

John (jwarner6comcastnet) | 44 comments I hope that the book being read is a novella and not a tome.

message 41: by John (new)

John (jwarner6comcastnet) | 44 comments My bookshelf is back too. Are you also beginning to receive email notifications? I wonder if these lag behind the site being functional?

message 42: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 77 comments I am not receiving emails. I have tried using email but not getting satisfactory responses to my emails. Talked to an Amazon service rep by phone this morning and she assured me that she sent the concern to the IT people for Shelfari. Seems like I am the only one not getting emails unless, John, is also not getting emails.

message 43: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 286 comments I'm not receiving emails. The customer service experience was frustrating (I forgot to tell them to refer it to their tech team initially).

We will see.

message 44: by John (new)

John (jwarner6comcastnet) | 44 comments No emails yet. There will probably be a data dump soon.

message 45: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Rose (jai575) | 24 comments just got a huuuuge email :/

message 46: by PennsyLady (Bev) (new)

PennsyLady (Bev) (pennsylady) | 28 comments wow

I've been away from Shelfari and I guess missed these difficulties.
wow

message 47: by Reeda (new)

Reeda Booke (book-wizard) Are you all still having problems with Shelfari? I haven't been able to get on since Friday morning (2/7).
It's very frustrating and I am having withdrawal symptoms!

message 48: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 286 comments No, everything was resolved for me on the 5th.

message 49: by PennsyLady (Bev) (new)

PennsyLady (Bev) (pennsylady) | 28 comments 2/12/2914 8:15 eastern...
Shelfari just wont let me in
Anyone else?

message 50: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 77 comments I was having trouble with explorer but was able to get in with safari

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9