Broken Pieces (Broken Pieces, #1) Broken Pieces discussion

Buddy Read with my Ladies Ingela, Andrea & Mona

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Ingie (last edited Feb 04, 2014 02:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie Yay, this will be great. Three!!!
 photo image_zps6b94a8f1.jpg

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ OMG!! You do find these pictures don't you, haha.

message 4: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M WOOT!! Thanks for the invite guys xx

Ingie Bev wrote: "OMG!! You do find these pictures don't you, haha."

I love to enjoy your days Bev. Xx

Ingie Mona wrote: "WOOT!! Thanks for the invite guys xx"

You're so welcome Mona!

Ingie Awwwww! It's lovely, dear! xx

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Omg Ingela, you ARE the master! hahahahaa
I like how it looks like our three lego guys have totally destroyed the place.

And you go, Bev, in getting the thread started. :D

Glad you joined us, Mona. :)

message 10: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M Andrea wrote: "Omg Ingela, you ARE the master! hahahahaa
I like how it looks like our three lego guys have totally destroyed the place.

And you go, Bev, in getting the thread started. :D

Glad you joined us, Mon..."

Thanks hon :)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ladies, this book has nothing whatsoever to do with Collide. The sequel to Collide comes after this one, so whenever you're all ready. ^_^

message 12: by Ingie (last edited Feb 04, 2014 12:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie Now I've read a bit in Collide and I'm off tomorrow and have some time then to finish it.

What do you say, maybe we can try to start with this BR book in 24 hours or maybe even better in about 36 hours (Thursday morning in Europe, Thursday evening in Australia and Wednesday evening in U.S.)? What do you think?

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Woo, look at you getting all technical, hehe!! Yep, Thursday morning works for me here in the boggy part of the world known as the UK. ^_^

Still reading Last First Kiss by Diane Adams, and it's a delightful book...but I expect that from her, her characterisations are superb.

Ingie I want to read that one (Last First Kiss) too. I saw a very good review about it this morning. :)

Liking the first 10% I've read in Collide so far. It always nice when old friends meets again and I really like the GFY topic. ...and they live in the same house too. Promising! :)

### Then we wait to hear what Andrea and Mona have to say about when to start etc.

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ I'm cool with starting this Wed. night my time/earrrrly Thurs morning Euro time lol and later Thurs. morning in Aussie land. Basically around 24 hrs from the time I post this, or a bit earlier. :p
I'm looking forward to it!! Seeing lots of good updates for it.

As for the next in the Blackcreek (??) series, I'm glad to see it's Wes and Braden's story. I liked them both.

Ingie Good Andrea! Then let us see if that's good with Mona too

I halfway done with Collide and I'm really enjoying it. I like GFY topics and this was exactly the kind of book I needed right now after some much more tough and rough ones.

message 17: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M Hiiii babes!!! I see you've been discussing times...not a problem with Thursday night! Might be a bit late, as I have a dinner date with a friend, but will start as soon as I get home :)

message 18: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M Okay...confession time. I bought the book as soon as I was invited, and now I want to open it!! My finger keeps going over it and I think 'one peak won't hurt...right?'

description

*sigh* But I did resist

message 19: by Ingie (last edited Feb 04, 2014 11:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie You scared me, Mona! :)))))

<><><><><><><><><><>

Thursday morning in Europe, Thursday evening in Australia and Wednesday evening in U.S. It is perhaps not at exactly the same time but more or less now when we are out in three different continents.
Bev, do you know the number of chapters etc? What will be just enough to read before the first feedback etc?

message 20: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M Hehehe I was tempted! no worries...that's perfect!

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ 26 chapters Ingela my lovely, so we could read up to the end of ch 5 and then chat or just chat all the way through as we normally do hehe.

I'm looking forward to Wes & Braden's story too Andrea. Riley's a nice lady and friended me not long after I joined GR at the beginning of last year...so it wasn't to get me to read one of her books cos Collide only came out towards the back end of last year, which some authors do and which I hate. I'll only friend them now if I've actually read a book of theirs.

Right, off to get on with some jobs. Have a really good day Ladies of the Buddy Read, and I'll catch you all tomorrow. Not on here so much today, not enough time. ^_^

message 22: by ♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ (last edited Feb 05, 2014 03:55AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Okey doke re starting time for this one. :)
And for reading through chapter five.

Bev, same heeeeere! I had an author send a friend req simply because they saw I had added their book, and then tried to sell it to me by telling me it was on sale at the time. One, if they had looked, I already bought it (on my ready to read shelf), and two, I get the need to sell, but don't do it under the guise of friending someone.

Looking forward to this one! And whenever Wes and Braden make their appearance lol

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Just posting this...told you I'd got an American Football minions one for you.... How do we make this thread private Andrea??

minions...american football photo minions11_zps878c52ae.gif

Ingela, Photobucket have taken away my man with the gorgeous bottom, so that means he's deleted from GR. Prudes. Honestly, it was a pic of a guy's butt for God's sake, nothing else!!

Ingie Really?!

I find it hard to believe that Photobucket deleted a picture. However, it has been a hassle with the pictures today and in the morning you couldn't log on Photobucket. It will probably back you'll see.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ingela wrote: "

Really?!

I find it hard to believe that Photobucket deleted a picture. However, it has been a hassle with the pictures today and in the morning you couldn't log on Photobucket. It will probab..."

It's not the first time they've deleted some of my pics...they go against Photobucket guidelines hehe, so rather than give you the option to delete them yourself, they just do it. If it has been deleted on GR, I'll just download it again from my folder on the desktop.

Ingie How are you doing, Bev? Looking after pictures on PB or copy through Google / the net etc and loading them on you PB page? Since I started to get / copy from the web etc and load them on my PB page has no more pics disappeared.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ingela wrote: "How are you doing, Bev? Looking after pictures on PB or copy through Google / the net etc and loading them on you PB page? Since I started to get / copy from the web etc and load them on my PB page..."

Yep, that's exactly what I do....obviously your pics are not as dirty as mine, hehe!!

Ingie I have locks on the album, where there's a little more challenging images. Like this one for example. (view spoiler)

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ HA!! Love that pick, Ing.

And more minions, always good lol.

As for making this thread private, since you started it, Bev, you would probably be the only one to be able to do that, if there's way, not sure there is?

Idea: since we keep doing BR's, we can always make a group, which could be made private and have our actual book discussions there. When someone else/new is invited or wants to BR and we're ok with that, we can invite them to the group.

Also, this way, we would have our discussions in one place. If we want to do this, I can make the group today and do invites, etc.
Let me know. :)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Private group sounds good to me with passwords and stuff, yeah!! What will we call ourselves?? Suggestions please Ladies. I'll try and take the Buddy Read link off my status update page but have already tried once and it didn't work..mutter, mutter, grumble, grumble!! We want a fairly upbeat title so no-one will think we're a bunch of old biddies hehe.

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ I have no doubt we can come up with something fun lol

The group won't have a PW but when it's set to private, it doesn't even show on your list of groups - you can only get to it by new posts that appear in your notifications, or when you go to your profile settings (which only you can see), the group is listed there. At least I think that's how it works.

message 32: by Ingie (last edited Feb 05, 2014 11:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie description

Wow, what a thrill .. and what a great idea. I'll immediately start thinking about group-name, layout, our color, image and style, etc. Haha!.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Keep going Ingela, you come up with something suitable I'm sure.

Have to admit, I've started reading this already and I'm at the end of chapter 5...sorry Ladies, couldn't wait. x

message 34: by Ingie (last edited Feb 05, 2014 02:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie Bev, No, no!

message 35: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M Bev wrote: "Keep going Ingela, you come up with something suitable I'm sure.

Have to admit, I've started reading this already and I'm at the end of chapter 5...sorry Ladies, couldn't wait. x"

OMG NOOOOO! I wanted to start it too but felt bad :(

message 36: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M I'm trying to make do with short stories till tonight...now the temptation is there to open it!

message 37: by Ingie (last edited Feb 05, 2014 02:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie It's bedtime here in a moment so I'll start to read tomorrow (Thursday) morning, about 10 hours from now. I've time to read a few hours before lunch and will be back with comments after 5 chapter as we said. Okay!

See you tomorrow, ladies!

message 38: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M Sounds good Ingela! I'm at work now its 9am and I'll also start in a couple of hours ♥

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Hi all, I'll start here in an hour or two as planned lol.

And Ingela, it's a group on here, the only thing we can really do to personalize it is by picking the name and choosing a picture for the group's profile pic, like our own lol.

I can even create the group tonight with a working title - it can be changed once we decide. If I get that done, I'll either do the invite thing or send you messages - tho I think the invite function will work best. Awesome that you all like the idear!

Oh and Ingela, major bonus points for using Lady Violet to express how you feel lol

message 40: by Ingie (last edited Feb 05, 2014 02:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie # First: I adore, admire and want to be a Lady Violet later in life.
# Second: LoL! I know about the "groups", I was just kidding... You know I love these pics etc..
# Third: Send us an invite it sounds simple.
# Fourth: Enjoy some chapters in Broken Pieces and DON'T finish it tonight.

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ I figured you were kidding but tis been a long day, especially thanks to the crazy arse weather, so I'm not in top form right now lol

Def gona enjoy some reading. Did I somehow miss something though that a couple of these guys are teenagers? I've avoided most peoples' updates but I've seen that in some. Didn't know that. Still want to read, tho.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Lady Violet, she's scary...and I'm not sure I like being roasted over a fire Ingela, that's a bit harsh hehe!!

I've stopped reading it for now, I'm not telling you where I'm up to...God knows what torture Ingela will have planned for me when she finds out *grins*. Already into the two main characters, so that's a good sign.

I'm not sure how this group/invite thing will work Andrea...Will it be like SE's group thing?? Anyhoo, off to bed now. Catch you all tomorrow. x

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Night, Bev! and you should have the invite. Let me know if not.

Gona get some dinner, shower and then read. That's all my brain can handle right now.