Night Huntress Series discussion

Once you've finish the series... > Ian's Girl: Veritas vs Annette

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Violet (new)

Violet (goodreadscomvioletpage) | 11 comments If Ian gets his own book, who would you like to be his leading lady? Veritas, Annette or someone new? Why?

message 2: by Baylee (new)

Baylee She could be Katie when she's grown up... Ian loves the rare and unusual...

message 3: by Violet (new)

Violet (goodreadscomvioletpage) | 11 comments Baylee wrote: "She could be Katie when she's grown up... Ian loves the rare and unusual..."

But that's kind of like incest, don't you think? Ian is Bone's cousin. He is also Bone's Sire, Cat's father's Sire, and Tate's Grandsire.

That's also so... Twilight. Remember Jacob who had a thing for Bella until Renesmee. I expect better from Ms Frost :)

message 4: by Baylee (new)

Baylee Well, Bones is the Katie's step-father... they aren't blood relatives. So I don't think a relationship between Ian and Katie would be an incest...

About similarities with Twilight... Jacob falls in love with Renesmee when she was a child... Ian not. I think it would be fun to see the Bones and Cat's reaction...

message 5: by Violet (new)

Violet (goodreadscomvioletpage) | 11 comments I meant like vampire incest lol anyway its not for me. The family dynamics in Up From The Grave is already bugging me. I like to think of Ian as Katie's "cool uncle"

I'm on team Veritas. She has a strong personality so he won't be able to walk all over her. She's a law guardian but she's broken a few rules. He's into a lot of illegal stuff but he has a good heart. She needs to loosen up and he needs to grow up a little. They'd be a good match and I think they could have quite an adventure together.

And I can't forget when he said “Am I the only one who has wood over that little vixen?” in This Side of the Grave.

Another strong character is Marie. She'd be my second choice for Ian. But she's a bit of a black widow isn't she?

message 6: by Baylee (last edited Feb 05, 2014 01:28AM) (new)

Baylee I don't think even that's a vampire incest. Anyway, he's so unruly that I would see him well in this situation...

The couple Marie-Ian doesn't sound good to me: IMO, she's too dark for him. But I like Veritas: I think she's an interesting character. Ian and Veritas could make sparks together!

For me, Katie or Veritas could fit well with him: both of them are strong enough to put him on his place lol

message 7: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Johnson | 6 comments I think Justina is just the woman Ian needs. That would be fun to read. Ian wouldn't know what hit him, and neither would Justina.

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittany8_22) | 24 comments i agree with Kristy. i was thinking about Justina and Ian.

message 9: by Violet (new)

Violet (goodreadscomvioletpage) | 11 comments I'm pretty sure I read on JFs blog a while back that she wouldn't pair up Ian and Justine

message 10: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittany8_22) | 24 comments i think i read that also but i could hope haha. i like annette so shed be my second choice

message 11: by Violet (new)

Violet (goodreadscomvioletpage) | 11 comments In Home For The Holidays Ian went to look for Annette because he was bored and she's "easy" but then he was really really upset with her because she lied and consequently hurt Bones.

Anyway she's boinked Bones and Tate so she's like sloppy thirds.

message 12: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (nicksmom02) | 50 comments I vote for Annette! I just finished up last night and was saying, "It can't just end here! We have Annette, Veritas-I mean, SOMETHING was going on with her and "a child" by her reaction to Katie-we have Marie, we have Ian, Tate!!!!" lol I think Annette cos she ahs that SPUNK that would set Ian off perfectly!! I can see them falling into a kind of EARLY Cat and Bones relationship-it would be interesting!

message 13: by Nette (last edited Apr 12, 2014 12:23AM) (new)

Nette | 22 comments Violet wrote: "If Ian gets his own book, who would you like to be his leading lady? Veritas, Annette or someone new? Why?"

Veritas would spank Ian. Problem is, he'd love that!

Annette loves Bones so Ian doesn't stand a chance with her.I'd think Tate and Annette would end up together being they both love the other's love interests but can't have them.

Justina would smack Ian around and insult him just as she did Bones but they'd fit together great.
She'd call Ian "a filthy animal" then...lol

Just look how Justina loosened up after Rodney. She needs someone like Ian to get her to open up and live a little. Maybe knock the dust and cob webs off a few places...lol She was practically glowing as Bones called it about Rodney "Slaying the Dragon"...lol

message 14: by Violet (new)

Violet (goodreadscomvioletpage) | 11 comments Aside from Ms Frost saying she wouldn't put them together I just can't see Ian and Justina as a couple. I get that some of you may be into the MILF thing but for me that's a little creepy since we've been living in Cats head for soo long. I still think Veritas and Ian go together well. She looks like she's in her teens. He looks about 21ish... plus there was something...hmmm was it in Mencheres' book? ...about Veritas being some kind of virgin/high priestess thing in ancient Egypt... That should intrigue Ian.

message 15: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittany8_22) | 24 comments I'd love to see Justina and Ian, if not them, i'm hoping Annette. I didn't really like Veritas much.

message 16: by Nette (new)

Nette | 22 comments Brittany wrote: "I'd love to see Justina and Ian, if not them, i'm hoping Annette. I didn't really like Veritas much."

Justina would be a good fit for Ian.

message 17: by Nette (new)

Nette | 22 comments Brittany wrote: "I'd love to see Justina and Ian, if not them, i'm hoping Annette. I didn't really like Veritas much."

Justina would be a good fit for Ian.

message 18: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittany8_22) | 24 comments I mean, Justina isn't that old. What is she mid to late 30s i think. I know most books the main characters usually are in their 20's (early 30's at most). I just want her to have a happy ending. Her luck hasnt been that great in the guy department haha.

message 19: by Violet (new)

Violet (goodreadscomvioletpage) | 11 comments I'm honestly not that interested in reading anything about them but I wouldn't mind Justina and Annette getting their own HEA. I just don't think it should be with Ian. In any case, they just aren't strong enough to handle him and I'd really love to see Ian get the shit kicked out of him a bit, especially by a tiny little thing like Veritas.

message 20: by Nette (last edited Sep 18, 2014 07:05PM) (new)

Nette | 22 comments Violet wrote: "I'm honestly not that interested in reading anything about them but I wouldn't mind Justina and Annette getting their own HEA. I just don't think it should be with Ian. In any case, they just aren'..."

Good point...lol Ian needs a strong scheming woman to give a good run.

message 21: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Onabigon (tessaonabigon) | 7 comments Baylee wrote: "She could be Katie when she's grown up... Ian loves the rare and unusual..."

Hmm now theres a thought... I like that angle. Ian deff needs someone to knock him down a peg.. and who better than Cat & Bones daughter? LOL