What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Wild Invitation (Psy-Changeling, #0.5, #3.5, #9.5, #10.5)
This topic is about Wild Invitation
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > school teacher finds mate with human hybrid [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Connie (last edited Feb 04, 2014 04:46AM) (new)

Connie | 2 comments The short story was about a school teacher that had just started teaching at a school for human/animal mixed children. She has to talk to an adult about a student's problem and ends up meeting his uncle who is a tracker (I think)and it's their love story. The book was part of an anthology.
The story is similar to Lora Leigh's Breeds and Laurann Dohner's New Species books in that it talks about glands in their tongues that let them know they have found their true mates, mating frenzy, the pill to help alleviate/delay the frenzy. However, there isn't nearly as much explicit sex. The end of the story had them meeting the rest of the "pride" deep in the forest and the realization they live a very long time.
The premise seemed well fleshed out like it was a series. I read it about 8 years ago and I wanted to read more but young children and life happened and I forgot about it until I found Lora Leigh's books and have been looking for the series ever since.
Any help or thought of an author that writes similar books (prefer the sex to be less explicit and dominating than Leighs) would be appreciated.

message 2: by Serendi (last edited Feb 04, 2014 01:30AM) (new)

Serendi Some things fit, some don't, but maybe "Stroke of Enticement", in Wild Invitation by Nalini Singh?

In Stroke of Enticement , a wary young teacher, skeptical about love, arouses the man—and the animal—in an aggressive leopard changeling who must prove his affections are true.

ETA: This is part of the Psy-Changeling universe. Annie is the teacher, and she has a limp from a bullet train accident and also has an overprotective mother. Zach is part of a pack of leopard changelings.

ETA2: It originally appeared in The Magical Christmas Cat.

message 3: by Connie (new)

Connie | 2 comments That was it! Wow. I'm impressed. I have been looking for it for over a year and you gave it to me in less than 3 hours. I must have mixed some of the details up since it was an anthology.

message 4: by Serendi (last edited Feb 04, 2014 10:16AM) (new)

Serendi Cool! Glad it was it!