What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Early teens book, about a girl that moves into new house filled with ghosts and ends up liking the boy helping her solve mysteries

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kacey (new)

Kacey (Kaceyyyuhhh) | 2 comments Ok, so I've been trying to find this book for awhile now and it's driving me crazy! I read it back in 6th grade (about 6 years ago) and I cannot for the life of me remember the title (I keep thinking of something along the lines of "Ghosts in the Attic" or whatever).

It's about this girl who moves into this house with her parents and it has ghosts in it. She meets the neighbor boy and they start trying to figure out the mysteries behind the ghosts (I think), and she ends up kind of falling for him. So they both basically get together in the end. But the point is there are ghosts and there's an attic and it all ties together. I remember on the cover the main character girl was sitting in a chair surrounded by ghosts and it was cartoon looking.

message 2: by bookel (last edited Feb 03, 2014 08:50PM) (new)

bookel | 2112 comments The ghosts in the attic by Betty Ren Wright? (Republished as: Christina's ghost.)
www.worldcat.org/search?q=ghosts+kw%3...
Checked the ghost books by that author?

message 3: by Kacey (new)

Kacey (Kaceyyyuhhh) | 2 comments No :/ I've already come across those on my hunt across the internet.

message 4: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2112 comments State what you have already ruled out ... would help.

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 59 comments It's not exactly like the description but The Sherwood Ring.

message 7: by Jaimee (new)

Jaimee Lantzy (jaimeelantzy) | 5 comments The mediator?

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (misterfive) | 203 comments Maybe The Haunted Attic by Margaret Sutton? It's part of the Judy Bolton series. The cover doesn't sound familiar, though. If she's having a rough time in her new school, and there is a Halloween party at the end where she and her brother bust the ghosts, it might be the book.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 04, 2014 07:59AM) (new)

I think I remember seeing this at a Scholastic Book Fair in the mid-2000s. I will try hard to remember the book. The cover definitely made me want to put the book on my to read list but I never got to it. Maybe someone who knows how to search by Publisher could use Scholastic.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Lily's Ghosts by Laura Ruby Is this it?

message 11: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Hull | 10 comments Cicada Summer

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Cicada Summer is, I think, the click for Tiffany's suggestion. (I'm basing that on the summary for this book. There were other books with this title as well.)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I sent pm asking if she's seen the suggestions.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Kacey, are you still looking for this?

message 15: by Diana Santoso (new)

Diana Santoso | 14 comments Unraveling Isobel - Eileen Cook also has the same theme, though it was published 2 years ago...

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Kacey, are you still looking for this?"

No response. Moving to Abandoned.

message 17: by Rose (new)

Rose | 3 comments Betrayal by Lee Nichols