Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Urban Fantasy > recommendations with celtic mythology

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 11 comments Hi all! I'm looking for some UF books that are tied specifically to celtic gods or mythology. I've already read the Fever (and loved every page) and the Wicked Lovely series...any ideas?

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments Off the top of my head Iron Druid Series by Kevin Hearne and Charles de Lint hs a few stand alones.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Feb 03, 2014 08:57PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Twisting the Rope has some Celtic mythology elements.

I know that I've read other books with them, but I'm recovering from the flu (nasty, nasty, nasty stuff--even with a flu shot) and frankly don't feel like scanning through all my books here on GR. (Something like 4k of them. . .) But if you want to look through yourself, feel free. :o)

Ok, I did check R.A. MacAvoy's published list, and I know that at least one other of her books has Celtic elements. The Grey Horse. You can check out the rest of her books too, if you'd like. These 2 (and Tea With The Black Dragon) are the only 3 of hers that I've read, so I don't know if any of her others have Celtic over-tones or not.

message 4: by S.L. (new)

S.L. (slgray) | 13 comments Seconding the Iron Druid series. Also, check out the Walker Papers by C. E. Murphy

message 5: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 216 comments S.L. wrote: "Seconding the Iron Druid series. Also, check out the Walker Papers by C. E. Murphy"
I agree, both of these are good recommendations.

message 6: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 11 comments thanks! iron druid is actually next up on my list when I finish the current series I'm reading (my boyfriend has actually been recommending iron druid for like a year I don't know why I haven't picked it up yet!). I'll check out all the others...and don't worry about recommendations being dark...I like dark!