Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Nobody But Us
This topic is about Nobody But Us
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Nobody but Us by Kristin Halbrook → Start Date: April 5, 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Please feel free to join Kathy, Vicki, Amanda, Jacquelyn and I for this buddy read!

Yay!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha! That's almost a Baker's Dozen. LOL YAY!!! What a fun group!! I'm so excited to read this with everyone!

message 3: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yay! (:

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay! Thanks Trisha!
So excited for this one! :D

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this book! I hope you enjoy it!

Amanda | 4400 comments Yay, can't wait to read this. I have wanted to read this for a while now.

Kathy | 7950 comments Thanks Tori! :D

Megan | 3011 comments I would love to join!! I'm about to get this from the library. :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay Megan! I got my copy in today! I will probably bring it home tomorrow! :D

Amanda | 4400 comments Can't wait to start this tomorrow.

message 11: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Me too!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I won't be able to join on time. I thought I had the book, but I only had a sample. I ordered from the library but it has to come from San Francisco so I'm sure it'll be a week or so. :(

message 13: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments aww...join when you can Vicki!!

:)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yes, I surely will. :)

Amanda | 4400 comments I will be starting soon and updating when I can. Currently we have a chance of power outages tonight, fingers crossed we don't lose power.

message 16: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I may have to take this one slow. But I definitely will have it done by the end of February!

Amanda | 4400 comments Not sure what chapter I am on since they are not numbered, but I am currently on page 82.

So far I am liking this.

Will (view spoiler)

Zoe (view spoiler)

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yikes! Fingers crossed you don't lose power Amanda!!

I'm playing a big fat game of catch up - so I will start this one in the morning....

Megan | 3011 comments I've been busy today, so I didn't get the chance to start this one yet. I'll probably start it tomorrow morning.

Amanda | 4400 comments Trisha wrote: "Yikes! Fingers crossed you don't lose power Amanda!!

I'm playing a big fat game of catch up - so I will start this one in the morning...."

Thanks, so far so good here. We are having strong winds all day and after the freezing rain yesterday we could still have tree branches knocked down.

No worries Trisha and Megan I did not get very far in this one yesterday.

Amanda | 4400 comments Okay I'm done.

This started out strong for me but then dragged on in the middle and the end seemed very rushed.

These characters (view spoiler)

Can't wait to see what you guys think.

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments wow! Go Amanda! I will be starting in about an hour!

Megan | 3011 comments Wow, that was quick Amanda! I'll probably start it tonight and try to finish it tomorrow. (:

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I wish I'd get my book!

message 25: by Amanda (last edited Feb 22, 2014 04:47AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amanda | 4400 comments Yeah I spent the whole day reading yesterday because from late afternoon through the rest of the day I did not have time to read since last night I had tickets to see the play Beauty and the Beast.

Hope you guys are enjoying it so far.

Megan | 3011 comments Ok, guys I finished the book. (view spoiler) I really loved this book and I would have given it 5 stars if the ending was different.

Amanda, I have to agree with you about the ending. It did seem kind of rushed.

Kathy | 7950 comments I will start either tonight or tomorrow, sorry I haven't got to this one yet. :)

Amanda | 4400 comments That's okay Kathy. I'll be around when you start, no rush :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Thanks Amanda! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kathy, I still haven't gotten mine from the library either. With a lot of luck maybe it will come tomorrow LOL

message 31: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments sorry my reading buddies
I have been sick for a few days and haven't been here much.

I've started this but will work on it tonight more :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Hope you are feeling better

message 33: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Hope you are feeling better"

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha, I hope you're better fast!

Amanda | 4400 comments Sorry to hear you have been sick Trisha. I hope you feel better soon.

Megan | 3011 comments I hope you start feeling better, Trisha!

Kathy | 7950 comments Sorry to hear you been sick, Trisha. I hope you're feeling better.

message 38: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments awww, Thx guys. I'm starting too.... bleh. I hate being sick.

okay, picking this one back up now :)

message 39: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm done too.

Yeah, I'm with you Amanda
(view spoiler) but I did find it interesting
and I actually like it more for it's ending. I thought, based on their actions and choices (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4400 comments I agree (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments Vicki, did you get your copy yet?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha, I just saw this! I did get my copy a few days ago. It was the book that I thought might be Cress.

Have you begun it Kathy? I guess everyone else is finished?

message 43: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I'm not! I had wanted to finish before the end of February but I was pretty busy..

Today I have an ARC I am reading and another book I am currently reading. I am starting a buddy read today and I may be called in for a replacement for the movie challenge so my reading is crazy this week! But I want to read this one with you guys so I will try to fit it in somehow!

Kathy | 7950 comments I haven't started yet either!

My reading is crazy too...as always! lol!!

So whenever you guys are ready I'm good too! :D

message 45: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments LOL!

I may start today but I doubt I would get far into it.

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok, I'll see how today goes. My kids are home from school because of the extremely low temps here so I'm not sure how much I will get done today too! :D

message 47: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments What are the temps there? We have off today because of snow. I would have gotten far in this one if I didn't have four other books to read. lol

Kathy | 7950 comments Right now it's -6! And wind chill is at -13!

I think earlier this moring when they would have been standing at the bus stop it was -25 but I think that was the wind chill.

I know! I would have had it done too, but I needed to finish up challenges and now I have 2 netgalleys I need to do plus some others I need to start! lol!!

message 49: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Wow! That is crazy!

What netgalleys do you have? I have tons I need to read!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Wow! Crazy weather! I've NEVER had my school close down except for scheduled holidays. Lucky! Lol

Looks like we're all in the same boat huh? Gotta love us! :)

« previous 1 3