Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1) Fallen Crest High discussion

Girl with guy friends/big brother types... recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andy My favorite thing about this boo I think was obviously the alpha male Kade brothers, but I loved how protective they both were of here and that she had guys for friends + the alpha male love interest and kind of love triangle - you can't go wrong!

Anyone know any other books that might cover any of these basis?? I like when the lady is vied for by more than just the main love interest :)

Thanks!!!

Nila Have you read Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) by Kristen Ashley I loved the whole series because it follows a really large group of adult friends all around a tiny town. It is like 7 books now I think. Lots of action and Alpha males!!!
The Jay McLean More series is about young adults group of collage kids, loved it too! More Than This (More, #1) by Jay McLean 3 books total.

Andy Nila wrote: "Have you read Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) by Kristen AshleyI loved the whole series because it follows a really large group of adult friends all around a tiny town. It is like 7 books now I think. Lots of action ..."
Awesome, thanks Nila! I haven't read either of those series! I remember looking at the Rock Chick ones and thinking they sounded good so I'll have to make sureI era those!
Thanks again!

Nila Have you read all of Tijan fallen high series? I am currently reading Fallen Crest Family (Fallen Crest High, #2) by Tijan and it continues with Fallen Crest Public (Fallen Crest High, #3) by Tijan

Andy Oh ya, I was all over them! I want the 4th to come out!!
Have you read them all yet? Have you read any other Tijan books? I kind of want to read the Jaded series but the killer portion of it seems a little hokey to me.

Nila Carter Reed was REALLY good! Carter Reed by Tijan , have you read The Rockstar series by Emme Rollins? I love them! Dear Rockstar (Dear Rockstar, #1) by Emme Rollins Lucky Girl (Dear Rockstar, #2) by Emme Rollins

message 7: by Sydney (last edited Feb 23, 2014 02:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sydney Salquist The book "Make Me" by Amanda Heath kinda goes with this theme. Its really good and it think you would enjoy it since you liked the Fallen Crest books.

RedRedtheycallmeRed Slow Burn by Nicole Christie. It's more comedic than Fallen Crest. The main character's friends are mostly guys and there is somewhat of a love triangle involving stepbrothers.

Andy Glorious! Thanks ladies! I'll check those out ASAP. A step brother triangle sounds fun :)

message 10: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC So you just have to read everything from Tijan. All her story's are girl and friend and boyfriend or brother... And Broken and Screwed is a nice one to start.

message 11: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy I've been considering Jaded next but it sounds a bit out there with all the drama plus a serial killer? What did you think?
Broken & Screwed I definitely want to read but I try to wait until they're all out because it's devastating waiting (e.g. Fallen Crest Four) :)

message 12: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC Trust me, you won't feel that way by B&S. I totally agree with you with FC and I'm devastated because Jadeit isn't out yet ( this one is really dramatically and emotionally one of the best).
Carter Reed is only one book and you have to read it!

message 14: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy Mary wrote: "The The Vincent Boys"

Thanks!! I've considered reading those for awhile, I shall make a point to!

message 15: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Bess Promise Me Darkness (Promise Me, #1) by Paige Weaver I just got done with this and when I say fantastic it was. It was also a little different . College age, tat's and childhood friends. except all power goes off in the world when they are at a night club

message 16: by Nasreen (last edited Mar 25, 2014 05:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nasreen A.pr wrote: "Trust me, you won't feel that way by B&S. I totally agree with you with FC and I'm devastated because Jadeit isn't out yet ( this one is really dramatically and emotionally one of the best).
Carter..."

aaawww I enjoyed the BS and Jaded books! so good!

Nasreen Try the Marked Men series by Jay Crownover.

message 18: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC Rule - book one The marked man is really, really good. The other one too, but RULE is sooooooo good!

Nasreen A.pr wrote: "Rule - book one The marked man is really, really good. The other one too, but RULE is sooooooo good!"

Rule is my favourite! Can't wait for Nash and Rowdy's stories

message 20: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC Me too, Nasreen! Me too!

message 21: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy Ladies, try 'Freeing Asia'! It's good (although I didn't really fall in love until around 35%, but the main girl is a tom boy and 'one of the guys', or so she thinks, and it's totally up this alley!

message 22: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC I already marked it!

Nasreen Me too! Sounds good

message 24: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC I just read COME TO ME QUIETLY from A. L. Jackson and it was awesome. The thing is, there's gonna be more books.

message 25: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy Oh ya, Come to me quietly was really good!! You may like Coming Home as well!

message 26: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC I just add it.
Lately I'm re-reading the whole Samantha Young books and it made me feel cheesy, but I love her books. I was doing it in anticipation( there it goes- my favorite word) of OUT OF THE SHALLOW.

message 27: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC Have you read SEVEN YEARS, Dannika Dark?
Dead brothers best friend and also a shape shifter with lot of erotic power.

message 28: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy Is Out of the Shallow going to be the only sequel that you know of? I want to read it but hate reading trilogies, etc before all the books are out!
Haven't read Seven Years but I'll check we it out!

Enjoy your Samantha Young binging, especially On Dublin Street and Before Jamaica Lane :)

message 29: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC It seems that it ends with Out of the shadows. But I must say, I wish she writes another book for Lowe. I just love this bad ass guitar player.
And exactly - just like you sad- those two books are really worth re-reading. Dublin...mmmm
Just like I sad - I'm feeling a little bit cheesy!

Liana You should definitely read Jaded by Tijan. The characters have a relationship very similar to that in the Fallen Crest series.

Nasreen Liana wrote: "You should definitely read Jaded by Tijan. The characters have a relationship very similar to that in the Fallen Crest series."

Love these books!

message 32: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC Jaded is awesome. I'm just mad that number 3 ain't out yet.

Nasreen @ A.pr - 30 dec is a long long time to wait :(

message 34: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC Nasreen wrote: "@ A.pr - 30 dec is a long long time to wait :("

Yeah....I'm really desperate....think I'm gonna do some more rereads...

Nasreen I read Brady Remington landed me in jail by Tijan the other day and I really enjoyed it

message 36: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC Nasreen wrote: "I read Brady Remington landed me in jail by Tijan the other day and I really enjoyed it"

I don't have any Tijan books to read. I was so in love with this authors writing, so I read it all. For a few weeks was Davy Harwood due. I was saving it. And than I realized there's going to be a book 3 and I don't have it. It's not even written. I had a peak in each 3th book she's suppose to publish but I can't wait ( I know I must, that's not the option) till end of this year. It's such a long time :(

Sönïa Dhillion See I read two of the books from the fallen crest series was reading the 3rd but then another one my favourite books sequel came out so I stopped reading the 3rd. I never do that unless I am bored which with this series I never was but I read it continually I just think there was too much drama anyway k was thinking back and I am confused with Logan Mason said he was in love with sam but then when I was reading away from second to 3rd I thought nah Mason is just being paranoid I mean Logan just seem loyal and brotherly love then came that moment in 3rd book where Logan in the car talking about Vegas he seemed very serious and not so brotherly then am thinking maybe I just thought all his feelings he showed towards Sam was in fact something else and made myself believe its brotherly because I liked mason and sam as a couple more what do you guys think?.

message 38: by ABC (new) - rated it 5 stars

ABC Yeah, Tijan do this in her books. She did it also in Jaded, this love triangle. And drama keeps going...but I didn't felt bored. I enjoyed those books.
I think it's also because you don't see the Logan POV. It's a little bit confusing what he thinks and feels. All we know is what we hear from Mason or Sam or even Tate and Miranda. There are a few Chapters from book 4 to read in fictionpress.com Maybe that will give you some clearness in this drama. And read a prequel Mason. She published it last month. And there is this scene at the gas station, where Mason sees Sam for the very first time. He's convinced that Logan won't like he saw her first.
But you're absolutely right! I think Sam and Mason are perfect couple!

message 39: by Ani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ani Hey! It's not exactly what you asked for but Tall, Tatted and Tempting is really good, if you liked the marked men series you will really enjoy this one. I loved this series and I thought you will too! Btw sorry if my English isn't great. Anyway let me know what you think of the book and this series (the Reed Brothers)

message 40: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy Ani wrote: "Hey! It's not exactly what you asked for but Tall, Tatted and Tempting is really good, if you liked the marked men series you will really enjoy this one. I loved this series and I..."

Hey Ani! Yeah, I actually just read the first two tall tatted books and they were really good. But ya. I was definitely thinking how they were sort of along the same lines as this with the guy friends!
I haven't read any of the Marked Men series yet - do you recommend them?

message 41: by Ani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ani Andy wrote: "Ani wrote: "Hey! It's not exactly what you asked for but Tall, Tatted and Tempting is really good, if you liked the marked men series you will really enjoy this one. I loved this ..."

Yeah I definitely recommend the Marked Men series, i read all of them in a heartbeat so yeah. . Of course is a matter of taste but I really enjoyed them

Sönïa Dhillion Yeah Ani is absolutely right it has drama but not as much as fallen crest but come on have not once thought during reading fallen crest series. That bloody hell the amount of drama is like a endless explosion lol. Rule is fantastic i have re read it dozens times. Its about unconditional love and the heroine in the book recives that love,protectiveness from 2 brothers at the start then the 3rd brother joins in to. So then she has two protective brothers,friends and one she likes more.

message 43: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy Hmm, I will have to check these Marked Men books out then! And Sonia I totally agree, the Fallen Crest books are definitely heavy on the drama, yet for some reason I shamefully am fully sucked into them! :)

message 44: by A.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A.J. Love Una Familia Segura - Annie Hughes.

It's my first book and has the protective guy friend/brother thing going on it. It's my favourite thing about the book.

:)