Live, Laugh & Love Books discussion

TV Shows & Movies > The Sound of Music

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan, The One Who Loves Infernal Devices (new)

Megan | 739 comments Mod
Discuss!
What do you think?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i luv the sound of music just not the 1 with carrie underwood

message 3: by Natasha ♥ (new)

Natasha ♥ (tashieasmiles) Love the original! <3
HATE Carrie Underwood's though.

message 4: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

Teresa | 940 comments Mod
LOVE the Original. I have seen it more that once.

message 5: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

Teresa | 940 comments Mod
When my sister and I were young we use to watch Sound of Music and Wizard of Oz. It was just something we did.

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 122 comments I love the original. The TV "Carrie Underwood version" was okay. She sang very well as well as the rest of the cast. IMO it wasn't horrible. It reminded me a lot of a dinner theater performance. She isn't Meryl Streep but she was okay.

message 7: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 91 comments Omg you didn't just say that.

message 8: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 91 comments Meryl Streep is a famous actress

message 9: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 91 comments Have you ever seen the devil wears Prada or the Iron Lady?

message 10: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 91 comments Ok that's probably why. You should watch the devil wears Prada! The movie is really good. It has Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep in it.

message 11: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 122 comments I feel old. :( One of the greatest actresses in the world. She will be playing the Chief Elder in the movie version of The Giver.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000658/?r...

message 12: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 91 comments She was in the Princess Diaries movies, Ella Enchanted, les miserables, one day... You should watch more movies. You're missing out girl.

message 13: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 122 comments One of her best performances was in Silkwood. It's from the 80's. Probably before some of you were born but it's a fabulous movie. If you want a real treat then watch her and Goldie Hawn in Death Becomes Her. That was a great black horror comedy.

message 14: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 122 comments Well when Silkwood was in theaters I was 11. ;D

message 15: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 91 comments Anne Hathaway was the lead in those two movies, so you do know who she is!! That's a start! ;)

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) The original Julie Andrews movie is a great one, and my family and I love to sing along whenever we watch it.

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1407 comments I love that movie