9th Honors LA discussion

4th Period- Choice Reading- Taylor, Elizabeth, Dustin, Olivia

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mairah (new)

Mairah Teli Post:
A. Brief introduction to your choice reading book. Explain what your book is about, and the genre. Be detailed and specific, but do NOT give away any spoilers. Also include weather you like/dislike the book so far and explain why.

B. Discussion question that stems from your reading. Develop a question that your peers can grapple with even if they have not read the book. Think of themes and topics that are general enough for everyone to have an opinion and be able to respond.

C. Reply to your peer's discussion questions

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 6 comments So far in my book, Tears Of A Tiger by Sharon M Draper, a group of high school students decided to go out and drink after winning their championship game. What so ever, Robert Washington, captain of the basketball team, died in a fiery automobile accident yet he wasn't the one driving. His friend Andrew Jackson was instead. Then after the news was spread around the school, all of his friends that was left behind, wrote letters of how things changed and how they felt after Robert died.

Discussion Question: If you heard a news about your best friend dying, how would you feel and how would things be like?

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 12 comments A.) My book is called "17 & Gone ". So far, it is about this teenage girl who is having trouble getting to school because she cannot stop getting distracted by the details of a girl that is missing. She supposedly is able to see the girl, and is in her own little world; not doing well in reality. She's zoning everyone out and got in trouble by a teacher. So far, this book is pretty interesting, and suspenseful. The genre is suspense

B.) Why do you think she is so attached to this missing girl? And how is she able to see her when no one else can?

C.) @ Elizabeth's question, I would feel broken inside, because i'd obviously care and love my bestfriend, and to hear that they were dying would make me completely destroyed on the inside.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 6 comments Olivia wrote: "A.) My book is called "17 & Gone ". So far, it is about this teenage girl who is having trouble getting to school because she cannot stop getting distracted by the details of a girl that is missin..."

She's probably attatched to her maybe cause of the fact that they had a strong relationship together and or eiher something so powerful is in between them that no one else knows about. The missing girl probably allowed only that one teenage girl to see her to give her hints or signs towarsds something.