9th Honors LA discussion

4th Period- Choice Reading- Kaiden, Vickey, Lisbeth, Nick

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mairah (new)

Mairah Teli Post:
A. Brief introduction to your choice reading book. Explain what your book is about, and the genre. Be detailed and specific, but do NOT give away any spoilers. Also include weather you like/dislike the book so far and explain why.

B. Discussion question that stems from your reading. Develop a question that your peers can grapple with even if they have not read the book. Think of themes and topics that are general enough for everyone to have an opinion and be able to respond.

C. Reply to your peer's discussion questions

message 2: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 9 comments Im currently reading "ill be there" .Its and advanced teen fiction. So far, my book is about a very attractive homeless shy teenagae boy,sam, who meets a shy teenage girl , emily. Sam only has a dad and a little brother ,riddle. In the story the author writes the characters as thier names , not their position/relationship in the story. Sams "family" is always on the run because since they a very poor , te father steals from all over the city and when things get iffy , they leave. Emily , has the most popular boy in school crushing on her , but she has fallen for a boy , who she doesnt even know that is homeless. I like the book so far , but the way its written is a little confusing , but the characters are written with so much detail ,i cant stop reading.
Do you think it will be another regular book , or the ending will be something i have not expected ?

message 3: by Lisbeth (new)

Lisbeth Rosales | 1 comments Right now i'm reading "Mockingjay" which is the last book in the Hunger Games series. The main character, Katniss, is chosen to be the Mockingjay that will lead the rebellion side of the war against the capitol but the only thing she can think about is Peeta, the guy she loves. Peeta has been captured by the capitol and Katniss wants him back, but when she does get him back she gets a big surprise. The first thing Peeta does when he reunites with Katniss isn't what would be expected, he tries to kill her. Throughout the rest of the book Katniss battles with herself over what she should do over Peeta as she goes on her mission of trying to kill the President.
What would you do in Katniss' position? Would you fight to get Peeta back or give up on him?

message 4: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas | 7 comments I have been reading the lives we lost and it is very good. But I'd appreciate if you posted more vicky

message 5: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas | 7 comments My book is really nice, how's yours Vicky?