9th Honors LA discussion

4th Period- Choice Reading- Mandolyn, Hannah, Megan, Gino

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mairah (new)

Mairah Teli Post:
A. Brief introduction to your choice reading book. Explain what your book is about, and the genre. Be detailed and specific, but do NOT give away any spoilers. Also include weather you like/dislike the book so far and explain why.

B. Discussion question that stems from your reading. Develop a question that your peers can grapple with even if they have not read the book. Think of themes and topics that are general enough for everyone to have an opinion and be able to respond.

C. Reply to your peer's discussion questions

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 17 comments A.) Hey guys! You guys probably know this book already. I'm reading "The Fault in Our Stars." So it's about this girl who has lung cancer, her name is Hazel. She meets a guy named Augustus Waters who has only one leg because he had osteocoma. Anyways, they start liking each other. We all probably saw that coming because it's a romance comedy. I really like the book because I'm a girl and I like romantic books. It's like R+J, they fall in love almost instantaneously. I can relate this book to the movie, "A Walk to Remember" because as Hazel lives her last moments in life, she falls in love with a guy at the last moment. I love the fact that she can live the last moments in her life being loved by others. On the other hand, I dislike the fact that she has to die soon.

B.) In this book, there's an organization called the Genies where they grant one wish to sick kids. Just like how Hazel and Augustus uses theirs to travel Amsterdam to meet their favorite author, what wish would you wish for if you were diagnosed with cancer, too?

message 3: by Mandolyn (new)

Mandolyn | 38 comments Hannah wrote: "A.) Hey guys! You guys probably know this book already. I'm reading "The Fault in Our Stars." So it's about this girl who has lung cancer, her name is Hazel. She meets a guy named Augustus Waters w..."

I would wish to be able to take a road trip through Europe and visit all the big cities like London and Paris because I have always been fascinated with Europe and always wanted to go there. What would you wish for Hannah?

message 4: by Mandolyn (new)

Mandolyn | 38 comments Hey I'm reading the second book, "The Dream Thieves", in the series "The Raven Cycle" by Maggie Stiefvater. The series is about these four boys (Richard Campbell Gansey III, Adam Parrish, Noah Czerny, and Ronan Lynch) wo are also know as The Raven Boys, who are on the search for the king Glendower and his tomb. If you find it and wake him up you are granted one wish. Along the way they come across a girl named Blue who has a family of psychics. She is nota psychic herself but can cause their talents to be stronger. She has a big secret that deals with one of The Raven Boys and most likely herself too. She's a mysterious person. The book "The Dream Thieves" is mostly about Ronan Lynch. He has the ability to pull things out of his dreams and they are beginning to surface. He isn't the only one who wants that.

If you had the chance to join the Raven Boys and Blue would you even if it's really dangerous? Are the rewards of finding the dead king Glendower enough to risk it?

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 17 comments Mandolyn wrote: "Hannah wrote: "A.) Hey guys! You guys probably know this book already. I'm reading "The Fault in Our Stars." So it's about this girl who has lung cancer, her name is Hazel. She meets a guy named Au..."

If I had one wish, and if I had cancer, I would wish to take time off of school and live in South Korea. Because I lived in America for all of my life, I've never been to a place that truly ever feel like I belonged. I would want to go to Korea and just have fun and make friends.

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 17 comments Mandolyn wrote: "Hey I'm reading the second book, "The Dream Thieves", in the series "The Raven Cycle" by Maggie Stiefvater. The series is about these four boys (Richard Campbell Gansey III, Adam Parrish, Noah Czer..."

Honestly speaking, I am not a fan of mysterious people. If I had been able to join them, it would just cause a lot of fights. I think, to go on a journey with someone, I would have know the person first. I wouldn't really want to go on a journey that has people who take things from their dreams and make it into a reality. If each person who is on the journey, gets to be able to receive a wish, I'd think it would be worth it. If they only received one wish for all of them, I wouldn't think it would be worth it.

message 7: by Gino (new)

Gino | 23 comments I am reading the book magic shot and so far in the book I have read about one of the main characters mother getting murdered!! And that lead to my question how would u fell if you witnessed ur mothers death?

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan | 33 comments For the fault in our starrs I really liked her humor and the fact that she never gave up, do yku Augustus was the one giving her all the strength or who?

And for the book I'm ready looking for Alaska and it's really good so far but I was mad the pudge has yet to ask Alaska out, I don't think he's nervous and he doesn't have anything to hide so why doesn't he?

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan | 33 comments If I could use my wish I would wish to go to Europe for the summer because that would be really cool and plus if you only get ome minus well make it a huge wish am I right ?

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan | 33 comments For the fault in our starts the metaphor that Augustus made about the cigarettes really stood out to me and I think that was a cool thing to do for him. How did you guys feel about it ?

message 11: by Mandolyn (new)

Mandolyn | 38 comments Gino wrote: "I am reading the book magic shot and so far in the book I have read about one of the main characters mother getting murdered!! And that lead to my question how would u fell if you witnessed ur moth..."

If I witnessed my mothers death I think I would be in a depressive state and just not be myself at all.

message 12: by Gino (new)

Gino | 23 comments Also in my back now the girl who witnessed her mom dead also died herself and the other character Ben is now not acting like himself beach use his friend also does