9th Honors LA discussion

3rd Period- Choice Reading- Heaven, Uchenna, Braiden

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mairah (new)

Mairah Teli Post:
A. Brief introduction to your choice reading book. Explain what your book is about, and the genre. Be detailed and specific, but do NOT give away any spoilers. Also include weather you like/dislike the book so far and explain why.

B. Discussion question that stems from your reading. Develop a question that your peers can grapple with even if they have not read the book. Think of themes and topics that are general enough for everyone to have an opinion and be able to respond.

C. Reply to your peer's discussion questions

message 2: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 26 comments I'm reading Bat Boy and so far it is very entertaining with many real life examples about the MLB the main character is a Bat Boy who know everything about baseball and loves it and ends up become a big reason the Tigers do so well that season.

message 3: by Heaven (new)

Heaven | 25 comments A. The book that I'm currently reading is call Night Star. It's the 5th book to the Immortal series by Alyson Noel. It's about a girl named Ever and it just talks about hardships of being an immortal.. This book in particular is about her best friend betraying her and her boyfriend (who is also immortal) hiding secrets from her. So she goes on a quest to earn her former best friend's trust and unlock her boyfriend's secrets. This books genre would be categorized as supernatural, MAJOR DRAMA, and romance. I mean i like the series, but I just really don't like the characters... The characters just make the most stupidest decisions. The characters are not planned out well to my perspective.

B. Are you willing to sacrifice everything for the people you love?

message 4: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 26 comments I think I would sacrifice anything for the people I love because without them I'm nothing

message 5: by Heaven (new)

Heaven | 25 comments Braiden wrote: "I think I would sacrifice anything for the people I love because without them I'm nothing"

I totally agree with you. The people I love the most make me who I am and without those people I wouldn't know who I was or my self-value.

Do you have a discussion question, Braiden?

message 6: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 26 comments Heaven my question is "what is one goal you have that you would do anything to accomplish?"

message 7: by Heaven (new)

Heaven | 25 comments Hmm.. Um, I guess one goal that I just would literally die for would have to be seeing my father happy.. My dad works a lot and is constantly stressed and unhappy with his job and his life. Depressing right? But for real, I just want to see him truly happy for once:D

So, Braiden.. What is one goal that you have that you would do anything to accomplish?

message 8: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 26 comments My goal is to play college football and I would literally do anything to reach it

message 9: by Uchenna (new)

Uchenna | 16 comments The book that i am currently reading is called True Legend by Mike Lupica. Its about a highschool basketball star named Drew "True" Robinson who is impressed by a random guy he sees playing on a blacktop court in his neighborhood. Drew wants to watch him play but mysteriously he always seems to disappear. Turns out he is more than some random basketball player.

message 10: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 26 comments My book is by Mike Lupica too

message 11: by Heaven (new)

Heaven | 25 comments sorry guys,, this is kind of late. Just got back from practice. Anyways the book that I am currently reading is called Radiance by Alyson Noel. It's about a 13 year old girl that died in a car accident with her family (but her sister does not die, instead she becomes immortal- That's the book that I was reading earlier) And she goes to summerland (it's like Heaven) and continues her life there, and nothing really changed from when she was alive and when she was dead.. But then one day she get called upon to attend a mission which requires her to go back to earth and help souls that are trapped and unable to go to summerland. And she accepts..

My question to you would be.. If you had the choice to choose the easy, boring life or the dangerous, exciting life?
- Completely honest here the easy, boring life, because I hate change and difficult tasks..

message 12: by Heaven (new)

Heaven | 25 comments OH! The genre would be supernatural, drama, and fantasy. I don't really like this series though.. Sadly, because I have always had a hate for Ever's (Riley's older sister that is immortal) little sister. And reading about her after life is kind of dumb,, No offence. I just don't really like the cocky, annoying type.

message 13: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 26 comments I'm reading a Thriller right now called speed and it's about a group of kids who develop time travel. My question is Do you think you would want to go back in time, if so what would you change and do you think there would be consequences

message 14: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 26 comments Uchenna I would chose the exiting life because I would get bored and depressed with the other one.

message 15: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 26 comments I'm reading a Book called Brett's Last about Brett Favre last season in the NFL . It talks about how he didn't want to leave the game but he knew it was his time. My question for y'all is do you have something that u could never give up on

message 16: by Heaven (new)

Heaven | 25 comments The book that I am reading is called Croak. It is about a girl who went from a straight A's, goody two-shoes to a major bully that can care lass about school in about a year. So what her family does is they send her to her uncle's farm, but little does she know it isn't a farm... But it is a town filled with grimreapers and she's one too. my question to you is have you ever felt out of place and like an alien with a group of people?

message 17: by Heaven (new)

Heaven | 25 comments Braiden wrote: "I'm reading a Book called Brett's Last about Brett Favre last season in the NFL . It talks about how he didn't want to leave the game but he knew it was his time. My question for y'all is do you ha..."

I do have something that I could never give up on, and that would have to be painting. I paint all the time and it's just something I could never live without.

message 18: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 26 comments I don't think I have ever really felt out of place because i fit in with most people. And I've heard of that book too

message 19: by Uchenna (new)

Uchenna | 16 comments I dont ever really feel out of place because i make it so that the are isnt awkward

message 20: by Uchenna (new)

Uchenna | 16 comments i cant give up on basketball it is a sport that ive grown to love and giving it up is something i couldnt do

message 21: by Heaven (new)

Heaven | 25 comments The book that I am currently reading is called Wings by: Aprilynne Pike. The book is about a girl, Laurel, living a normal foster child's life. The move into a new city and plan to sell the old house that they used to live in. Big mistake though... soon in the book you find out that Laurel is a faerie flower thing... and that old house is connected to the faerie world. It's just really complicated. They just can't sell the house because it is EXTREMELY important.
This book is like romance, fantasy, supernatural, drama kind of thing. I honestly don't think you guys would like it. But I LOVE it... but it's sort of complicated.

My QUESTION to you guys would be how do you embrace change? Negatively or positively?

message 22: by Heaven (new)

Heaven | 25 comments Oh, and sorry for posting so late.. Spring break was getting into my head.

message 23: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 26 comments I personally love change it keeps me happy

message 24: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 26 comments I'm reading a book called A Great Game it's about football and how great it is. It makes me think about suiting up for a game? Name something u really love

message 25: by Heaven (new)

Heaven | 25 comments Braiden wrote: "I'm reading a book called A Great Game it's about football and how great it is. It makes me think about suiting up for a game? Name something u really love"

Something that I really love would have to be rain. I really love rain, mist, and like fog... unlike most people I love the damp feeling on my skin.

What do you really love Braiden?

message 26: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 26 comments I love my family I don't know what I would do without them