The Randomness of Goodreads Members discussion

Food > Delicious Recipies

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by dave (new)

dave (thebat37) | 202 comments Mod
hi there. inspired by the cinnamon bread recipe i thought it would be fun to put up a recipe or two of my favourites. feel free to add recipes or links to some tasty stuff. my personal favourite kind of recipe is the easiest kind, lol. so first off will be some crunchy onion rings, mmmm.

what you need
-flour
-milk
-breadcrumbs
-onion
-deep fryer or pan with heated oil deep enough to fry the rings

this is the triple dip recipe. fill a bowl with flour, another with breadcrumbs and another with milk. deep enough so youll be able to cover the rings completely. next, take your rings (cut up the onion into your favourite size rings, i like the thick crunchy ones myself) and dip them individually, first in the milk. once its covered in milk into the flour, then back to the milk, then into the breadcrumbs. now heres the trick to it, one more dip in the milk and then the breadcrumbs. youll end up with a batter covered onion ring just waiting to be fried. it doesnt take long to cook them, fry them til they are a nice golden brown. be very very careful with that hot oil. as i said tho it doesnt take long at all, maybe a minute. then pat off the extra oil with some paper towel so its not too greasy and enjoy.

message 2: by dave (new)

got another quick and easy delicious recipe for ya. honey mustard dipping sauce, nice and creamy.

what you need
-tablespoon of mayonnaise (weird i know but its more just a base i promise you cant taste it)
-tablespoon of honey (or more if you like it sweet)
-teaspoon of mustard (dijon is good, so is plain old yellow, if you like it mustard-y add some more)
-1/8 teaspoon of vinnegar (just a little for some zing)

mix thoroughly till its nice and creamy and enjoy. goes great with chicken fingers. this is a recipe for a single meal kind of deal, its not that hard a recipe tho so if you want to make a lot for a lot of people just use your better judgement.

message 3: by dave (new)

like fresh garlic bread but you dont have any garlic butter? well look no further cuz here is a great recipe for you:

1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon of pepper (or less)
1/8 teaspoon paprika (or less)

mix thoroughly and enjoy. it helps if the butter is soft to begin with.