Young Adult Book Club discussion

Legend (Legend, #1)
This topic is about Legend
Books of the Month > February 2014- Legend

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin Hi everyone! Here's the discussion questions for Legend!
1) Who is your favorite character? Why?
2) Favorite Scene?
3)Legend takes place over 100 years into the future, what do you think the future will be like? Do you think it will be anything like the one portrayed in this novel?
4)Although Day and June come from different backgrounds and lifestyle how are they similar?
5)Who or what does the title of the book refer to?
6)Any other questions or comments?
Happy Reading!

Danica | 144 comments Mod
1) Who is your favorite character? Why?

I really liked June. I can't really explain specifically why; I just really enjoyed her commentary overall. She wasn't like the typical YA lead girl character that you usually come across, and I really enjoyed that.

2) Favorite Scene?

When the bomb goes off at the execution, and basically the whole breakout scene in general. That was just such an awesome and intense scene in the book.

3)Legend takes place over 100 years into the future, what do you think the future will be like? Do you think it will be anything like the one portrayed in this novel?

I don't think it will necessarily be like the one portrayed in the book, unless the country starts to lean more towards dictatorship. I don't feel like this would ever happen though, since we are so intent on staying a democracy.

4)Although Day and June come from different backgrounds and lifestyle how are they similar?

Well obviously they are very similar in the fact that they are both prodigies. I don't think there are really any other glaring similarities besides that one.

5)Who or what does the title of the book refer to?

Day. Day is definitely the "legend" in this book.

6)Any other questions or comments?

Nothing else besides to say that I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read Prodigy.

Stephanie (nerdatlas) | 6 comments 1) June's brother. If I had a brother, that's who I'd want him to be like.
2) Can't say for sure. I like seeing a peek behind the "legend" of Day and June, and see what their really like without the world watching their every move.
3) I hope it won't be like the novel. I think technology will improve immensely and become an even greater part of our life. Whether it'll be a good or bad thing who knows?
4) Both Day and June brilliantly smart, and they both have expectations of hem they'd like to fill, at least for most of the book. They also believe family is a top priority.
5) Both Day and June are Legends; Day a legendary rebel, June a legendary soldier. Their skill almost seems unbelievable, as if they were a myth or "legend"

message 4: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (keenatoad) | 61 comments 1) My favorite character was Tess. Once she has been given enough reasons to trust someone. She puts her whole self into it, she does everything she can to help them and even if they feel differently about her than she does of them, she will hide it to make them more comfortable.
2) When Day and June meet for the first time and they don't know who the other is.
3)I don't think the US will be so divided but I think the technology is a very real possibility.
4)Both strive to be their best and care deeply about their family. They fully support what they believe in.
5)Day is the legend. Everyone has heard stories about him, some exaggerated and some not. He is on the Jumbotron all the time but never caught.