Live, Laugh & Love Books discussion

About You > What Is One Of The Proudest Moments In Your Life?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

Teresa | 940 comments Mod
What is ONE thing in your life that was the PROUDEST MOMENT in your life that will NEVER FORGET? Tell me, because I REALLY want to know.

♕ ❤  ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (marilyngoodreadscom) Having my boys.
This was the best and proudest feeling for me Teresa.
I was proud to have them and am still proud now they've grown into gorgeous young men.

message 3: by Nikita (last edited Feb 03, 2014 02:27PM) (new)

Nikita The day I got my bachelor's degree.

message 4: by M. (new)

M. Lee Coats | 9 comments Finishing my first book! :)

message 5: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x. wrote: "Having my boys.
This was the best and proudest feeling for me Teresa.
I was proud to have them and am still proud now they've grown into gorgeous young men."

I bet. I don't have kids of my own, but I do have 3 Nephews that I got the opportunity and privilege to help raise them into who they are today.
Two of them are 11 years old and One is 19 years old. They are like my own. I LOVE them like they're my own. I mean, just the fact that I got to hold them when they were babies, saw them take their first step, hear them say their first word, and just got to be with them. They live only 5 minutes away, which is WONDERFUL.

message 6: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

I have 2 Proudest moments of my life. First, I went back to School in 1993 to get my GED and passed the first time when I took the REAL TEST.
The other one is when my Eldest Nephew was born. I saw him being born. It is a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE to see a baby being born.

message 7: by ♕ ❤ ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (last edited Feb 03, 2014 04:38PM) (new)

♕ ❤  ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (marilyngoodreadscom) It's the best feeling in the world to give birth,I've done it 4 times.
Yes,there's pain,but something good comes from that pain.
I'm proud of all my boys but my youngest who's 16,we are all proud of cos he has his own band and popular so young and is getting his music degree to teach music.
So really there's a lot of proud moments for me.

Congratulations Teresa on passing the test!
And I'm glad you got the chance to see your nephew born.

message 8: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

Thanks Princess. Good Luck to your son with his Music Degree to teach Music. I have a cousin that has taught himself to play Music. He does Instrumental, but he's REALLY GOOD.

♕ ❤  ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (marilyngoodreadscom) M wrote: "Finishing my first book! :)"

That's great M. About your book.
I'll be proud too when I finish mine.

♕ ❤  ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (marilyngoodreadscom) Teresa wrote: "Thanks Princess. Good Luck to your son with his Music Degree to teach Music. I have a cousin that has taught himself to play Music. He does Instrumental, but he's REALLY GOOD."

Thanks.
It's great to be musical and good that your cousin taught himself.

message 11: by Doug (new)

Doug Taylor | 23 comments The day that I graduated (I made a speech!) from High School, two years after my class was to graduate.

The day that I got my first apartment (after being homeless)

The first homeless person I helped when I was volunteering.

message 12: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (herpilgrimsoul) The day I got my dream job at the library.

The day I washed an old lady's glasses for her at the hospital.

The day I finished writing my first book (unpublished of course, but I wrote it!)

message 13: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 122 comments The first time was when our high school advanced art class created miniature golf course designs that represented Baltimore in a contest for The Brokerage in the city. Four of our designs (mine included) were chosen. I did not win the contest for the money but it was an honor to be chosen. My theme was The Preakness Stakes which is the second leg of Thoroughbred racing's Triple Crown.

The day I was asked by a farm to have my photo I took of one of their stallions in an advertisement.

The other time I felt that way was when I was asked to work professionally for The Maryland Million to take photos. I managed to get the two page spread in that publication.

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) When I was concertmistress at camp and I walked onstage and tuned the orchestra and had all these solos...

message 15: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

Did I mention I have 3 Beautiful Nephews that are in my life? My sister and I are really close. Everytime I see "my boys", they always hug me and tell me that they love me. I love them too.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

The day my little Niece pulled herself up and walked when the doctors said she never would. There is no medical explanation for how she did this. Her doctor cried when she walked into his office.

Today she is a well liked teen with many friends. She just loves life. I get emotional when I see her running because I remember that terrified little girl who scooted around on her bum, afraid of everything.

Now she fears nothing and is a champion for other kids who have any kind of problem.

Caitlyn is her name, and I love her with all my heart.

message 17: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

That's wonderful for your Niece, Aaron. GREAT for her.

message 18: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) When I had my Clinical Graduation last Wednesday. It's just an overwhelming feeling to survive four years in Nursing. Will be graduating on April 8 (College graduation)