What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Historical Romance Novel between Duke/Earl and a journalist /s

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah J. (armelle) | 15 comments I read this book a more than three years ago. It was set in England, and was about a Duke or Earl I don't remember who had a Spanish mother and he had a sister too. Some people looked down on him for having mixed blood even though he was a very rich Duke/Earl. The heroine was described as plump, and she was a journalist. She wrote articles in the newspaper her father has, and went to the Duke's house to gather more info about him to publish. They meet while she's sitting in a carriage, that's the first scene as I remember. Eventually they fall in love but he is wary of her because she is a journalist and he is afraid she'll publish something bad in her father's newspaper. The story is a historical romance, and has a happy ending. Does it ring anyone's bells??

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35116 comments Mod
Never Dare a Duke by Gayle Callen? The hero's mother is Spanish, and she's described as a "short, plump woman" whose writes for her family's newspaper.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah J. (armelle) | 15 comments Yes it is :) Thank you soooo much

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35116 comments Mod
You're welcome. Glad you found your book. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Never Dare a Duke (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Gayle Callen (other topics)