Stephen King Book Club discussion

General > Introductions: Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Feb 03, 2014 12:05PM) (new)

Lisa (lisarhianon) | 56 comments Mod
Hi everyone!

So introduce yourself in the comments below, telling us your name, book blog (If you have one), booktube channel (If you have one) and what books you love and why you’ve joined this group.

e.g
Hi my name is Lisa. My youtube channel name is lisarhianon and my blog is lisarhianon.blogspot.co.uk I love reading loads of different genres such as YA, horror, fantasy, contemporary, classics. I set up this group because so many people have been recommending Stephen King books to me and I still haven’t read any!

I can't wait to meet all of you. :)

message 2: by Cliff (new)

Cliff Bumgardner | 2 comments Hi, all.

My name is Cliff, and I'm a writer and filmmaker from Raleigh, North Carolina. I have a website (with an occasionally updated blog) at www.cliffbumgardner.com -- but I'm far more active on Twitter and Facebook, for which you can find links on my site.

I'm interested in this group because I'm something of a Stephen King nut. At last count I have somewhere around 40-50 books either written by him or about him. But King's bibliography is so vast that I haven't come close to reading all of them. And since I'm going to be plowing through them anyway, I think it'd be great to do so while discussing it with folks.

Looking forward to it!

Cliff

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) Hello all. I've not read a huge amount of Stephen King, but saying that he's probably the author that I have read the most.

I'm a booktuber http://www.youtube.com/user/sunnyswee... and also write a lifestyle blog http://www.sunnysweetpea.com

Looking forward to joining in a group read.

Barb (Boxermommyreads) (boxermommy) | 1 comments Hey guys, I am Barb. I LOVE Stephen King and have read around 25-30 of his books. My earliest memory of his work is reading The Shining in history class in 6th grade (what can I say, I had a clueless teacher). It definitely set the path for my future reading habits. Thanks for inviting me to the group.

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Hi everyone, my name is Rebecca but everyone just calls me Becka. I am currently living in Japan and have been reading a lot of Stephen King books. Thanks for letting me participate in this group!!

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Barnes | 23 comments Mod
Hey everyone!

My name is Sarah and I have a booktube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/Aphrodite... as well as a blog: http://aphrodites-books.blogspot.co.uk/

I love Stephen King's work. I haven't read many of his books but the ones that I have I've loved. My first every Stephen King read was The Shining back when I was 14, and I've loved his work ever since.

I look forward to reading his works with you and getting to know you all too.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Hey everyone! I'm Jennifer. I'm 28 with a birthday in less than a week. A California native living in MS for the moment. When I was nine I became bored with my kid books so I 'borrowed' my mom's copy of IT and read it without telling her. I was hooked (and scarred) for life. You know, once the nightmares subsided. haha. The Stand is my favorite book of all-time, and Larry Underwood is my favorite character. Baby, can you dig yo' man?
I'm so glad I've found a book club dedicated to my favorite author.

message 8: by Tyler (last edited Feb 16, 2014 08:02AM) (new)

Tyler Hey, everyone! Been looking for a more active online group to join. Looks like I found one. I've been a Stephen King fan since high school, but haven't read all of his material. I got a great deal on a guy's ENTIRE hardback collection this fall ($60.00 for a trunk full of Stephen King books. I'd say I scored). So, I decided to take a break from my usual book selections and start reading, and re-reading, his books in chronological order. I'm reading The Stand for the third time in my life. It's still worth every page. My wife bought me Doctor Sleep, so I took a break and read that last month. Loved it. Seems like he's still got the touch. As much as I love the novels, I'm more of a fan of his short stories.

Anyway, I look forward to chatting you guys up. Feel free to hit me up if you have any suggestions or questions. I'm usually on here about every day just checking stuff out and seeing what's new.

Tyler J.

message 9: by Kay (new)

Kay | 14 comments Hi everyone! I'm Kay. I'm 28 and started reading Stephen King's books when I was about 9 (I had Cujo confiscated during RE at school!). I have lost count of how many King books I own, and unfortunately had to move last year and pick just two shelves' worth of King books to save from storage - not an easy decision!

I'm currently doing two full-time courses, so don't have as much time for reading as I'd like, and might not be able to come here as often as I'd like, but I'm excited to talk to other King fans, as none of my friends or family are into him. More fool them.

Kay

message 10: by Scott (new)

Scott Zavoda (ScottZavoda) | 5 comments Hello! I'm Scott from Strongsville Ohio. I work full time for the airlines and slowly becoming a writer. (Does the process ever stop?)

I've been into Stephen Kings works as long as I can remember, only now I use them as a study, learning how he creates such living characters. I particularly like his Bachman books such as Roadwork and Blaze. His memoir, On Writing, has instilled quite a bit of confidence in my own dreams. I look forward to sharing my love for his works with everyone here on this group!

message 11: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Perrini | 3 comments Hi, i am just joined. I am Roberto and i am King's fan. I read a lot of King and want to continue to read all his books. it's great to read because he transports you to another world. Happy reading

message 12: by Tony (new)

Tony Speakman | 1 comments Hey everyone I'm Tony, I'm 26 from England however am currently travelling around Australia for the year with my wife. Little bit about me, been married for 9 months, travelling in Down Under for 4, I love reading and always have at least one book on the go. I'm also a huge film fan and love running.

As an aspiring writer I find Stephen King to be one of the greats, he's one of very few writers I'd like to read everything he's done. I started with Pet Semetary and Bag of Bones, which we're ok, but it wasn't until I read the shining that I knew I was hooked. I've been through about 20 of his books, Misery and different seasons are my favourites, just seen I missed out on reading The stand which I'm disappointed about.

Looking forward to reading along side some other King enthusiasts (don't know any others but my wife) and making new friends. :)

message 13: by Cliff (new)

Cliff Bumgardner | 2 comments Hi, all.

My apologies for disappearing from this group for a while. I got called away for work and things have been crazy. I'm going to start back on The Stand as soon as I can catch my breath. Sorry I haven't been/won't be very active!

message 14: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Steele | 8 comments Hello:

My name is Kyle Steele. Born and raised in Dayton, Ohio, but currently living in El Paso, Texas. I'm new to Stephen King, only within the last year have I started reading him. I'm 25, and happily married. By the end of the year, I'd like to have 11.22.63, IT, and Under the Dome read.

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rdavis) | 2 comments Hi everyone! My name is Rachel. I'm a huge King fan but am far from reading them all. I'm much better at finishing books when I have people to discuss it with. I have a website/blog racheltinderdavis.com/writing I'm much more active on Facebook and Twitter. Which there's links from my blog.

message 16: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Halverson Hi :) I am Kylie. I live in New Zealand and have just finished reading the shining this was my first Stephen king book! I read this in three days I could not put it down. I loved this book so much i can't wait to read more of his books, there are so many I'm not sure where to start....

message 17: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Acosta (kathami) | 1 comments Hello, I'm Katherine, I live in Costa Rica. I'm currently reading "It"

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

My name is Sam. I'm currently reading Wizard and Lass when not chasing my 18 month old daughter around the house. Once I finish the Dark Tower series I plan to read all the other Stephen King books I haven't read so far (I have downloaded every book by him on my iPad). If I can keep up my pace of one book a day, I should be able to finish within a month or so.

message 19: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Hi! My name is Kimberly but I go by Kim. I live in Andrews, North Carolina. I love to read all types of books, but my most favorite one is Stephen King. Currently I'm reading "The Stand".

message 20: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 10 comments Hello fellow fans! What do you call us anyway? Kingers? Like Trekkers are Star Trek fans. Curious.

I'm an avid reader of the horror genre, and horror-mashups too. I like to be scared out of my whits while getting involved with characters in stories.

I also on occasion read sci fi, fantasy, literary fiction and non-fiction. I'm one of those life-long learners with an adaptive mind receptive to the written word.

My name is Kimberly, I go by Kim or Kimberly. Usually, if there are a few Kims in a group, I go by Kimberly. I am an Adjunct Prof. of Art History and Humanities courses making multiple part-time jobs into full-time work. I love what I do for a living and am so thankful I can do what I truly enjoy. Took quite a few years to get here through jobs I dislike, but hey, it's so worth it.

I've read the following King books so far:

It, The Stand, The Shinning, Doctor Sleep, Joyland, and part of The Tommyknockers. I'm also a fan of his son, Joe Hill and just finished reading his first foray into writing The Heart Shaped Box. I just bought Mr. Mercedes and am excited to read it very soon.

message 21: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morgancrum) Hello Everyone! :)

My name is Morgan and I'm Canadian (from Southern BC currently living in the NWT). Stephen King is my favourite author, although there are a lot of his books I haven't read (such as the complete Dark Tower series, I have read the first three). I haven't decided which of his books I'll read next, maybe Under the Dome as I'm currently watching the TV show.

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma Hello everyone.

My name is Emma and I live in the UK. I have been a Stephen King fan since I was 12 when my sister let me borrow "Salem's Lot". I was so taken with his writing, that I have read everything he has written over the years. My bookshelves are full of his books, Anne Rice and Clive Barker.

My absolute favorite is "Needful Things". I love the fact that it starts and ends in exactly the same way.

I love hearing him read his own stories, and have some audio CDs that I put in the car for long journeys.

I hope to get to know you guys, and re-read his wonderful novels/novellas/short stories, and get some new views on them.

Cheers
Emma

message 23: by Mindy (new)

Mindy McClain | 1 comments Hello there,
I'm Mindy, and obviously I like Stephen King. Like may not be a strong enough word, but you know what I mean. My first book was Misery, which I read when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. It terrified me, and I've been hooked ever since. :) I would love to read and discuss with people that love his writing as much as I do. I don't see a book for November though, am I missing something?
Anyway, I'm looking forward to being part of the group!

message 24: by Regina (new)

Regina Marie | 1 comments Hello everyone! My name's Regina. I'm an amateur writer and King is my favorite author. I joined bc none of my friends read and I need to a place to discuss things. Do we have a book for November yet? :)

message 25: by Liam (new)

Liam Gapa | 1 comments hi all my names liam live in wales read greenmile and started collecting king books eversince looking forward to discussing sk books

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma I'm thinking of reading sk from the beginning in publication order. Who wants to join me in this joyous adventure?

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Christmas and New year. Sorry for not being that active on here but I have a very ill dog who at the moment is getting all of my attention. So if I don't comment for a while on BOTM etc, you know why.

Merry Christmas to you all xxxx

message 28: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinpryor) | 3 comments I'm Robin. Lifelong King fan. My older brother threw me in the deep end and started me with The Stand at 13. I was hooked. I also read a slew of others(Anne Rice, John Grisham, Clive Barker, John Irving, David Sedaris, and on and on..., but SK is the only one I go out of my way to try and catch them all. I'm currently going through the entire Dark Tower series.

message 29: by Ellis (new)

Ellis (ellisjayne) | 1 comments Hello everyone! My name is Ellis-Jayne and I'm a very new King fan. My first book was Joyland and I've gone on to read Mr Mercedes, Revival, Carrie, 11.22.63 and pet semetary. I'm about to start The Stand :D

message 30: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinpryor) | 3 comments The Stand remains my favorite book of all time... by any author. Enjoy!

message 31: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Hi group members,

My name is Jonathan, I live in Calgary, Canada and have been reading Stephen King books for many years. He is my favourite author and I'm a constant reader. I've probably read about 30 of his books in total. My favourite book is IT which was also my first book when I was 14 years old. I look forward to discussing King books with fellow constant readers.

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Welcome Jonathon! I have IT on my TBR pile but I'm a bit scared to pick it up tbh! From what I've heard though it's an amazing read, so I really need to psych myself up for it soon!

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Welcome John. I'm Sarah one of the groups two moderators. Please feel free to vote in this months poll. If you have any questions about the group please just ask.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Thanks for voting! I hope you enjoy the group!

message 35: by Corey (last edited Feb 07, 2015 07:39AM) (new)

Corey Holderman (cholderman) | 2 comments Hello all!
My name is Corey. I have just recently started reading for pleasure again. I stopped reading for pleasure about 2 decades ago. I just always had an issue with keeping focus after about 1 paragraph in. When my wife was pregnant with my daughter, I started reading to her every night while she was still in the womb. I started off when some childhood favorites of mine, The Wizard of Oz books, then actually started to enjoy reading again. I eventually found myself reading some of the classics from childhood that stuck with me; Lord of the Flies, Hatchet. My mind kept going back to the last book I read before I quit reading for 20 years. That book was Nightmares & Dreamscapes. I got the e-book online, read through some of the tales that I remembered,and fell in love with Stephen King all over again. I remembered a friend of mine telling me to read The Dark Tower series. I read up on it, got an e-book copy of The Gunslinger, and WOW! my mind exploded. A little over a month prior I could literally not make it more than a paragraph into a boot without forgetting what it was that I just read, or just completely falling asleep. I got so addicted to the SK Multiverse, that I found someone online selling a 50+ Hardback Stephen King Book collection. I picked up the entire collection (including the whole Dark Tower series) for right around $100. The only classic SK book that was missing was The Stand, which I also found online for $20 (original 1978 DoubleDay edition, Hardback). Anyways, I'm still working on my collection, and currently (as of Feb 7, 2015) reading The Talisman. I just wanted to have some people to palaver with while going on these incredible journeys. I look forward to our future discussions. Thanks for having me!

message 36: by Emma (new)

Emma Hi Corey. Welcome!!

message 37: by Corey (new)

Corey Holderman (cholderman) | 2 comments hey, is there a way we can fire this group back up? if not, I will create an SK book club that stays active.

message 38: by Eduardo (new)

Eduardo | 1 comments Either way sounds good to me.

message 39: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Christian (kwcreads) | 1 comments Corey wrote: "hey, is there a way we can fire this group back up? if not, I will create an SK book club that stays active."

If this group is a no-go, you might want to try "Stephen King Fans". It's a pretty active group with lots of discussions and monthly group reads.

message 40: by Femke (new)

Femke De Wolf Hi! I'm Femke. I'm a Dutch musician with a heart for reading. I fell in love (again) during my current read "IT". Since then I have an obsession with Stephen King. My goal is to collect all of his books. I currently own 16 of his books so I still have a long way to go :P. I joined the club because I want to share my reading experience with others and hear the opinions from others about the books from Stephen King.

message 41: by jared (new)

jared | 11 comments Hello everyone my name is Jared Ellis, and i am excited that Lisa is starting this up again! To introduce myself is a difficult guestion, out of ordinary stuff, i can't get away from introducing myself without bringing up an accident i suffered 7 years ago, i had an anoxic brain injury, collapsed during a run, wiped out my memory clean, and have ben in recovery since then. Formally i was an architect for a career, I started up reading, so i might be slow at this please be kind. my mother suggested i read Duma Key and got hooked automatically to King, because of that book and got me hooked on reading, I have always ben interested in trying to find a book club, but recently i read the Stand and i wish i had a book club during that. My mother , wich will be joining, probably suggested Duma Key because he was an artist, as i am a recovering artist, I have a website for that as it seams a good amount of people have blogs and websites my art gallery to contribute of what i do,http://www.nobullart.com/index.php?L1...

message 42: by jared (new)

jared | 11 comments Barb (Boxermommyreads) wrote: "Hey guys, I am Barb. I LOVE Stephen King and have read around 25-30 of his books. My earliest memory of his work is reading The Shining in history class in 6th grade (what can I say, I had a cluele..."
HAHA awesome teacher! did you say history teacher!

message 43: by jared (new)

jared | 11 comments O you did thats hysterical

message 44: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Martinson | 24 comments Hi everyone! My name is Jillian and I just a year ago started reading books. I hated reading growing up but once I finished college I tried it again and fell in love. Once I started I eventually decided to try stephen king cause it’s a genre I enjoy and I tried IT first and was hooked. Since then (October when I read IT) I have read Cugo, the long walk, running man, and qwendys button box. I absolutely love them but have no one to talk about them with since no one I know readys SK. I’m so excited for this group. I love horror, thrillers, classics, and dark humor. I am willing to try most books anyways but so far not huge into romance or fantasy. I have a bookstagram and a blog @beautifullittlewords

I can’t wait to get to know you all and have new book friends :)

Jillian

message 45: by jared (new)

jared | 11 comments Jillian wrote: "Hi everyone! My name is Jillian and I just a year ago started reading books. I hated reading growing up but once I finished college I tried it again and fell in love. Once I started I eventually de..."

Welcome!

message 46: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisarhianon) | 56 comments Mod
Jillian wrote: "Hi everyone! My name is Jillian and I just a year ago started reading books. I hated reading growing up but once I finished college I tried it again and fell in love. Once I started I eventually de..."

Welcome to the bookclub!

message 47: by gary dixon (new)

gary dixon Hi all
I'm Gary from Liverpool, England. Ive been a massive fan of Stephens for around 30 years, unfortunately none of my friends read his work and so i have absolutely no one to discuss my views and opinions with!!!!! My favourite books are The Stand and It although to be fair every book he writes is fantastic. I look forward to sharing my views

message 48: by Tiffany B. (new)

Tiffany B. | 11 comments Hey everyone!!! I’m Tiffany and I currently live in Macon, Ga. I have always loved reading; however, I recently graduated from grad school and during my “transition time” without a job I turned to books again!! After reading all the Game of Thrones and Sherlock Holmes (in like 3 months) I decided to try Stephen King and can officially say he is one of my favorite authors.

I set out on a journey to read the Dark Tower Series and related works. Well it took me only about 5 months and I loved every minute of it. My favorite Stephen Kong so far has been Insomnia. IT and Salem’s Lot are also high on my list. Really excited to be joining the group because my husband doesn’t read and is tired of hearing me go on and on about the world of King!

message 49: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Martinson | 24 comments Welcome! I understand and it is so exciting. I love those too and love talking about Stephen King's books but no one will listen!

message 50: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 2 comments Hey everyone,

My name is Jillian. I have just gotten into reading Stephen King's books. My first book that I just finished last month was The Talisman. I thought it was awesome, although I don't hear many people talk about it lol. I have started building my collection of his books that I plan to read. I'm glad I found this group! I don't really have anyone to discuss books with.

But a little bit about me, I enjoy singing and playing guitar, cooking, and spending time with family. Oh and of course reading ;) lol I look forward to discussing books with you all!

« previous 1