Outlander Series discussion

miscellaneous > FB groups

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Temperamental Angel | 36 comments No sure if this is put in the right folder, but if I'm wrong... adm: feel free to move the tread to another folder.

Are any of you members of any FB groups?
I'm a member of LOL, Outlander Series and Caisteal Dhuni.
And after discovering that there was no danish fansite what so ever for Outlander, I've just created the very first on FB: Outlander Denmark.

So are there any other noticable groups that I should be a member of on FB?

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Raeder (raederkatie) | 153 comments I am a member of Heughan's Heughligans. Wonderful group of ladies.

Temperamental Angel | 36 comments Ohhhh I have to check that one out :D thank youuuuuu

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie Raeder (raederkatie) | 153 comments Oh and there is Sassenach Swappers :D

Temperamental Angel | 36 comments What's that? Swappers?

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie Raeder (raederkatie) | 153 comments I copied this from the about page. Love this group as well. Most come off of Haughan's Page.

What exactly is a swap you ask? Well, let me tell you....it's an exchange of things like cards, crafts, books and gifts. Some of our swaps will be more Round-Robin style, some will be a straight forward swap and others (my favorite kind) will be secret swaps. ALL swaps will be Outlander themed in one way or another!! Now, with all that being said I would like to set a few ground rules.

Rules & Guidelines:

1) THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE......NO FLAKERS! If you flake out on a swap you had better have a damn good reason!! If you flake out on two swaps, I will BAN YOU FOR LIFE!! Nothing ruins a good swap than flakers....just don't do it!!
2) All swappers will be required to provide Name, Mailing Address, E-mail AND contact phone number.
3) Please be sure to post a thank-you to whomever sent to you....we all learned this in kindergarten! Photo's will be appreciated!
4) If you are having trouble getting something out on time contact your person (or ME, especially for Secret Swaps!) and let someone know what is going on.....just don't flake out!
5) If you have a question, just ask.
6) If there is a monetary minimum to a swap (and some will have one) you signed up for please stick to it.
7) SECOND MOST IMPORTANT RULE.....HAVE FUN!!

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Raeder (raederkatie) | 153 comments These are our next 2 swaps. Simple for the moment. These will be our 2nd and 3rd swaps. I am loving this so much.

I am creating two different swaps. Here is the first of them....."For the Love of Outlander". I thought of 10 questions that I will post in the File section and swappers need to to answer them and send it to their partner. Your answers can be hand written or typed (up to you!).
This will be an international swap. SIGN UP DEADLINE: 2/11/2014 MAILING DEADLINE: 2/19/2014 To sign up just PM me your name, mailing address, and email address and BE SURE to mention "For the Love of Outlander" somewhere.

The second of our new swaps will be for those crafty types among us. "Making Our Mark" will be a handmade bookmark swap. Bookmarks can be any size, color or shape but MUST be Outlander related somehow.....a small Pocket Jamie, a favorite quote, a picture (printed or drawn) of the stones or even of Herself, whatever your imagination thinks of! SIGNUP DEADLINE: 2/13/2014 MAILING DEADLINE: 2/28/2014 Giving a little bit more time on this one since it is our first craft swap. Sign up is the same...name, mailing address, email address and title of the swap please. This will be an international swap also so be sure to include if you are willing to ship internationally.

Temperamental Angel | 36 comments oh but are most af the members from America then? it would be quite expensive to send stuff all around the world?

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Raeder (raederkatie) | 153 comments Well 90% are yes but you do not need to participate in every swap only the ones you really want to. I am in Germany so I am not all that far from you :D

Temperamental Angel | 36 comments oh ok, sounds like a lot of fun

message 11: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 155 comments I'm a member of Heughan's Heughligans and Caitrionation on Facebook, they are both super fun and friendly groups!

I'm also a member of several locale groups Outlander PA (Pennsylvania, USA), NJ Outlanders-Book Coven (New Jersey, USA) and Outlanders in Ontario (Ontario, Canada).

message 12: by Ladyhawk (last edited Feb 05, 2014 10:10AM) (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments https://www.facebook.com/OutlanderTVS...

Starz

Diana's FB page- she is in Scotland right now visiting sets of the series! How exciting!!!
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorDianaG...

Jamie and Claire fans
https://www.facebook.com/groups/jamie...

Peggyzbooksnmusic Thanks, Ladyhawk! Love Diana Gabaldon's personality!

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie Raeder (raederkatie) | 153 comments Here is Sassenach Swappers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/39193...

and Heughan's Heughligans: https://www.facebook.com/groups/49328...