A Novel Gathering Book Club discussion

The Lounge > February BOTM-Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna D Newman | 130 comments Mod
Here's where we can discuss anything relating to our BOTM..

If you got questions post them regarding Dark Lover post them here as well.

message 2: by Ginger (new)

Ginger  (vedica) Woohoo just got the book from the Library! I hear so many good things I am super excited!

message 3: by Donna (new)

It's a great book I love this series.

message 4: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) Haven't read this yet, but word of mouth has it placed pretty high on the TBR shelf.

I'll do my best to read it this month!

message 5: by Donna (new)

I hope you can get to it, this series is amazing.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 03, 2014 11:56AM) (new)

We are discussing Wrath???? Yaaaaay!!! Ok, what to talk about? He is a majore a$$ in this book, but I didn't fall for him tell later, because his character grow, and starts to act less of an a$$

And for those who read the series (view spoiler).

Yup, so I'm obsessed with this series, I've read his book over 15 times. Though book 2 is my favorite. SWOOON
Ok enough babbling. What are we supposed to discuss exactly? I'm new to this book club thing. :)

message 7: by Ginger (new)

Ginger  (vedica) :D does that mean that you will re-read it with us?
I have not read it yet, I am told that it is a must read.

message 8: by Donna (new)

LOL Wrath is my fave too, he is who started my love for the BDB.. We just might continue for March with the next book as our BOTM.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yaaaay! Rhage is my favorite, then V and Z in 2nd place, Though Butch and V are kinda a package deal for me lol, and I LOVE WRATH just donno where to place him lol

Yes I'll reread it with you, why not? Love this series. :)

Dark Lover really confused me cuz it was a new world for me, but after reading the rest and reread the series, I found that I loved it a lot. So the first 5 books are my fav. :)

message 10: by Donna (new)

Oh yea I love the world she created. I can't wait to reread this series.

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 43 comments I just started this book (2nd time) and I totally forgot about the heat and passion between Wrath and Beth. I mean Ward still touches on them throughout the rest of the series, but going back to the beginning reminded me of why I fell in love with this series and its characters.

message 12: by Donna (new)

Oh yea Dark Lover is my favorite for that reason. I was going to start last night but my kindle needed charged but I will be starting today and I can't wait. I can't wait to revisit Wrath and Beth in this one and see what she has in store in The King.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

He is like a cave man who is obsessed with his woman. Lol

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 43 comments Ebony wrote: "He is like a cave man who is obsessed with his woman. Lol"

So true:) But he can pull it off and still seem sexy.

message 15: by Donna (new)

Oh he does it so well, not sure I would like it so much in real life but with him oh yea ;)

message 16: by Ginger (new)

Ginger  (vedica) Donna wrote: "Oh he does it so well, not sure I would like it so much in real life but with him oh yea ;)"

Ah that is what books are for, yes?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Hell yeah, only ok in books.

message 18: by Donna (new)

definitely only in books :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

So what was your favorite scene-s in this book?
Mine was (view spoiler). :b

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 43 comments I agree with your scenes. And I love the one after she had been turned and all of the guys bow down to her with their knives out.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol! Thats was funny with the daggers. Lol

message 22: by Donna (new)

One of my favorites is when Beth meets the Brothers for the first time,as well as when they meet for the first time.

Who are your fave side characters, I love Fritz I would love to have him for a butler :)

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 43 comments I know eventually he becomes a main character, but in Dark Lover I really liked Butch (thinking he was just a side character).

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Me tooooo! In Dark Lover, Butch got most of my attention lol.

My favorite character is mmmmmmm Boo! :b

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 43 comments Ebony, I told you we had similar taste in men:)

message 26: by Donna (new)

Oh yea I loved Butch too. I love the sarcasm these characters have. It's one of my favorite traits.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

@April, oh yes! Like that DG pic on your profile. DAAAMN!! Love that guy. He is my Vishous, Anthony Rawlings and maybe JZB (still not settled on this one though). ;)

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 43 comments Ebony wrote: "@April, oh yes! Like that DG pic on your profile. DAAAMN!! Love that guy. He is my Vishous, Anthony Rawlings and maybe JZB (still not settled on this one though). ;)"

Totally Vishous. I like Stuart Reardon as JZB.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

@Donna, the sarcasm in BDB is the best! You remember when they met Butch and were taunting him (Would you like to stay for dinner or be dinner) something like that. I can't believe I hated Rhage in that scene! Shame on me (scolds herself). No one talks badly about my Rhage, he is the most perfect brother IMO. ^_^

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

@April, I just googled his pics!!!!!! (Jaw hanging) :-o

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 43 comments Thought you might like him:)

message 32: by Donna (new)

LOL I agree , Sarcastic characters are just so much fun for me. Oh I love Rhage too. he is second a close second to Wrath who is my fave then Rhage, then Zsadist and V.. then Butch.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

And don't forget Rhev, Tohr, Blay, Qhuinn, JM! And now Assail.

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 43 comments Rhage is still #1 for me, so I'm really hoping we pick Lover Eternal to read in March.

message 35: by Donna (new)

oh definitely not, it's so hard to choose really I love them all..

Now for the characters you hated?

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 43 comments From Dark Lover? Billy and Mr. X.

message 37: by Donna (new)

Yes, I just wanted to rake their eyes out LOL.but I love when an author makes me feel like that.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Mmmm Zsadist :D I really misunderstood him and thought he was bad news. :-/

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 43 comments Good call, Ebony. I didn't like Z too much in the first book either.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! And after LE, I couldn't get my hands sooner on his book.

message 41: by HelenKrg (new)

HelenKrg | 1 comments Great book! Not my favourite of BDB but it is very good. All the Brothers are amazing but Rhage has a very special place in my heart!!!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) April wrote: "I agree with your scenes. And I love the one after she had been turned and all of the guys bow down to her with their knives out."

This was an awesome scene. I love it. Though I don't think I would have been as quiet as Beth was though. My 1st instinct would have been, as soon as they pulled them daggers out, is screaming for Wrath to get his a** back in that room cos they are about to cut me! LOL

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Donna wrote: "Oh he does it so well, not sure I would like it so much in real life but with him oh yea ;)"

I love it in real life *giggles*