Horror Aficionados discussion

Horrorpedia > Most horrific get together?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Wells | 49 comments Most horrific get together -

Camping with Jason, slumber party with Freddy, or trick or treating with Michael?

message 2: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Slumber party with Freddy. He's relentless and is everywhere and there's no escaping him even in your dreams.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez Freddy for sure, nasty sense of humor, screwed if you don't sleep, screwed if you do, so definitely Freddy

message 4: by Gregor (new)

Gregor Xane (gregorxane) | 420 comments How about dinner with the Sawyers?

message 5: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Camping with Jason. I can't go into the woods to this day without listening for a chainsaw. Please leave all pointy objects at home. Crystal Lake does not sound relaxing at all.

message 6: by Robb (new)

Robb Bridson I'd say Michael.

Freddy is more omnipotent... but there are all kinds of stupid magical things that stop him and his victim pool is fairly limited. I'm not an Elm Street kid.

Jason is impossible to kill, but not impossible to escape, provided you aren't his target.

Michael seems to just kill everyone in the area, whether in the way or not, is just as invincible as Jason but quieter and creepier... and, while all three tend to come back and kill survivors in the sequels... Michael seems to hold the longest grudges and can actually go so far as to kill a well-known Hollywood actress in the prologue of a sequel.

Plus we really have no magical talismans or decent explanations for Michael.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments Slumber party with Freddy. *shudder*

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments At least with Michael and Jason you'd have the peace of silence, while with Freddy you'd get the bad jokes first :/

message 9: by Angel (new)

Angel Gelique (angelgelique) | 185 comments I think I'll just stay at home and read! ;-) They all sound formidable. I think trick-or-treating with Michael would be worse--he's vicious, relentless and has his own eerie theme music. Plus, he has a way of getting around--I think he even drives!

message 10: by Angel (new)

Angel Gelique (angelgelique) | 185 comments Erin (Paperback Stash) wrote: "At least with Michael and Jason you'd have the peace of silence, while with Freddy you'd get the bad jokes first :/"

That's a good point! :-)

message 11: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) Courtney, I think I'm too old for most of these activities.........so I'll just move into the Bramford and take some time to get acquainted with my neighbors instead.

message 12: by Shaun (new)

Shaun Horton | 316 comments I'll take Michael. Just stay a few steps behind him. He stabs all the people, I'll take all the candy.

One piece per person my ass...

message 13: by V.W. (new)

V.W. Singer Definitely Freddy. How much more horrible can it be than to die listening to his one-liners.

message 14: by Andy (new)

Andy (manicsloth) | 730 comments For what it's worth, Halloween traumatized me as a kid, and. I had already seen several Jason and Freddy movies. Something about the way Michael starts out by watching from a distance.

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6833 comments Hmm, I think Jason and Michael would go wander off and do their own things so I would be left pretty much alone. With Freddy I don't think I would be able to get a way from him and I like complete silence when I try to get to sleep and I don't think I would get silence from Freddy.

message 16: by Robb (new)

Robb Bridson Jason is the least cruel if my memory serves me right. He tends to kill people pretty near instantly every time.
Michael tends to focus more on efficiency, so he will go for a quick kill most of the time, but occasionally does it in a slow, nasty way.
Freddy is by far the most sadistic of the bunch.

So I suppose if you assume you are one of the characters that will die (of which you can usually be at least 80% certain), Freddy is the worst.

message 17: by Robb (new)

Robb Bridson Huh. And come to think of it, Michael is probably the worst if you intend to survive (not just because you are almost certain to die in the sequel).

Jason and Freddy tend to go after victim pools with superficial relationships. Jason attacks people who happen to be at the same camp and might not even be friends. Freddy kills people who happen to be from the same street (or descended from people on that street or whatever).
Michael kills based on proximity, but he always seems to be in a neighborhood, in houses... and he kills pretty much everybody in the house he's in, greatly increasing the chance that he will murder someone close to you.

On the other hand, Freddy has the power to traumatize you with something so personal it might be even worse than killing a loved one...

message 18: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (darkstarcassidy) | 105 comments Michael Meyers movies traumatized me.
Last month I was walking my dog in the woods and heard someone start up a chainsaw, didn't look back just started running with Bandit by my side. I got to the car and seen people carrying firewood out I guess for their wood stove. Sob's scared the sh*t outta me lol.
I definitely watch too many horror movies and read too many scary books.

message 19: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Wells | 49 comments You guys are too funny with this! I'm just laughing as I catch up. Thank you all for joining in and sharing your dark humor / fears.

message 20: by Robb (new)

Robb Bridson I just finished Locke & Key Vol 4 yesterday, and there's a conversation in a bar where two guys are arguing about whether Freddy or Leatherface would win in a fight.
Mostly it's just one guy ranting about how even he could kick Freddy's ass, glove or no glove, and the other guy says something like, "Have you ever even seen that movie?"

message 21: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments Jason seems to have no morales. I'm no teen nor do I look like a lifeguard but I dont think that'd stop Jason from cutting my jugular.

Myers seems like maybe(keyword used lightly) maybe able to be manipulated into not killing you. However, the slighest mess up means he's putting you threw a wall with a weapon pinning you to another.

Freddie to me would seem easy given you just don't fall asleep. Then again some didn't even realize they were asleep. Why didn't anyone ever create their own nightmarish fun house then have freddy invade them?

message 22: by Beau (new)

Beau Johnston (beau_johnston) What about a slumber-party with Pinhead in that house from "The Legend Of Hell House"?