Epic Reads Book Club discussion

Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
This topic is about Ignite Me
Ignite Me (Spoilers Welcomed!) > Ignite Me discussion! (Spoilers welcome)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Epic Reads (new) - added it

Epic Reads (epicreads) | 54 comments Mod
Okay, so many of of you are probably putting your lives on hold in favor of reading IGNITE ME by Tahereh Mafi this week and are dying to talk about it. We are making this discussion folder welcome to any an all spoilers so go forth and discuss your feelings and thoughts freely!

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK YET, CONSIDER YOURSELF DULY WARNED.

Gracie Tyler (gracie1913) | 5 comments Omg i read the first 15 chapters n it was sooo good

Rachel Patrick (rachelpatrick) | 18 comments Mod
Can I really be spoilery because if so (LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED) my good gosh those smexytimes, I am dead.

message 4: by Epic Reads (new) - added it

Rachel wrote: "Can I really be spoilery because if so (LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED) my good gosh those smexytimes, I am dead."

HOH MY GAAAD. Hot damn, Tahereh Mafi. Hot damn.

April Crain (abookishbabe) | 2 comments Good. Grief. It was amazing. I didn't think I could fall in love w Warner like that!!!

Dianne (littlemisscarstairs) | 5 comments chapter 56 though!!! warnette being so sweet with each other!! i can't even!! asdfadad

message 7: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg (meghlicous) | 1 comments OMG the fact that Anderson's first name is Paris cracked me up for a whole 5 minutes.

message 8: by Epic Reads (new) - added it

Melody wrote: "OMG the fact that Anderson's first name is Paris cracked me up for a whole 5 minutes."

YES!

message 9: by Epic Reads (new) - added it

Can we talk about how Kenji being sad was like a punch in the gut!?!

I don't mean to sound like a dirty bird/pervert, but whatever: the award for best sex goes to Warner and Juliette. *fans self* You are RIGHT: HOT DAMN.

Melody wrote: "OMG the fact that Anderson's first name is Paris cracked me up for a whole 5 minutes."

I was so totally NOT EXPECTING THAT.

EpicReads wrote: "Can we talk about how Kenji being sad was like a punch in the gut!?!"

Kenji can never be sad, because he needs to be real and my best friend. He is golden. GOLDEN.

Emily (96emily) OH MY GOD CHAPTER 58 though!!!! I literally had to walk out the room to calm MYSELF DOWN!!!!!

Emily wrote: "OH MY GOD CHAPTER 58 though!!!! I literally had to walk out the room to calm MYSELF DOWN!!!!!"

RIGHT? Like, good gosh. I CANNOT HANDLE IT.

message 15: by Wafa (new)

Wafa Ahmed | 3 comments SO LETS TALK ABOUT AARON WARNER. UM. CAN I JUST BE IN A ROOM WITH HIM FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES PLEASE. also I read chapter 55 and i was like YES YES and then there was CHAPTER 58 AND I WAS LIKE AKJUDGPFKAJDGPKAUG. I'm just so sad its all over now I just want to cry and read ignite me 5 billion more times so I can pretend I'm reading it for the first time again and it doesn't have to be over.

Emily (96emily) I just genuinely LOVED THIS BOOK because FOR ONCE it actually wasn't only about a love triangle or war but about how one girl found strength within herself! And that spoke volumes! I mean she only even confessed her love to WARNER after she accepted herself and her strength! It was just beautiful!

Kameron B. Moore | 2 comments Just finished..... O_O
I can't handle this ending! I love how she left just enough questions to have us interpret our own after-ending, but also tied up the major plot threads. <3 Warner and Chapter 55 & Chapter 58!

Kameron B. Moore | 2 comments I hated Adam from pg 130-280!

message 19: by Barsoom (new)

Barsoom | 1 comments After reading many of the posts I'd have to say I'm certainly in the minority. I do think, however that the author is excellent- her use of descriptive language, use of metaphors etc was outstanding. I did not enjoy the 2nd & 3rd books because Adam's character from book 1 was basically destroyed; it became something unrecognizable from the person he was. James, even before Adam's self-destruction, seemed to play up to Kenji, more often than his own brother. The two brothers both were abused horribly, one was rich and the other poor. I found much dislike for Warner's deceit, manipulation for his own ends etc. I thought Juliette abandoned Adam when she found out he was hurt by her touch. I absolutely hated when Warner refused to give Juliette her notebook back, even though he was a prisoner. Juliette's pretty quick to "cheat" on Adam on numerous occasions and kept secrets from Adam even when they were still together. I did not think that he deserved that. I'm happy for those who saw the Juliette/Warner coupling and I'm sure the intense love scenes affirmed your devotion to Warner. For me, it was a colossal let down. It does amaze me that everyone is always affected by literature in many different ways. I don't mean to ruin the love of this series for anyone - I just wanted to point out that I was disappointed in the way the story played out. I think Adam deserved much more respect than the author gave him. It's funny I usually hope for the underdog, but I couldn't get into Warner's character at all.

Katheryn Still suffering from Ignite Me hangover. I finished it yesterday and I just can't stop thinking about it. Shatter Me series has by far been one the best series, if not THE best, I have ever read. I'm so lost without it. Warner....*cries* I gotta say, I had visions, but I never expected him to be so kinky in bed. haha or maybe I wasnt ready for it. *fans self*

Natalie (Never trust a duck) When Warner blushed, a little part of me died and went to heaven. He's soooo gosh dang adorable.

Katheryn Natalie (Never trust a duck) wrote: "When Warner blushed, a little part of me died and went to heaven. He's soooo gosh dang adorable."

Agreed! *dreamy sigh*

Isabella (bookninja101) | 2 comments OMG i loved the last book in the shatter me series and i was actually surprised when she fell in love with Warner instead of Adam! But i am happy that she choose Warner because Adam was starting to act like a jerk

message 24: by Fry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fry Dino (fryingbooks) | 1 comments “I’m still staring, waiting for my last friend to show up. Waiting for him to find us. But he isn’t here.”
OMFG I thought Warner was gonna die I almost had a heart attack when Juliette didn't spot him with the others. *cries*

✧jessiix✧ | 4 comments Oh lord I didn't read a book better than ignite me its amazing! God it's awesome I WANT TO SPOIL IT!!