Science and Inquiry discussion

Book Riding: Creative Readings and Writings in Physics and Psychology
This topic is about Book Riding
Self-Promotion (Authors) > Book Riding - Creative Physics and Psychology

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Remus (new) - added it

Remus (bookriding) Hi, I am the author of Book Riding: Creative Readings and Writings in Physics and Psychology, and I am searching for science loving readers and reviewers.

Book Riding is meant to be an inspiring collection of 34 essays on some of the deepest questions of humanity such as the nature of time, ancient gods, pleasure, hidden universes, the purpose of our lives and some more. While obviously it cannot provide answers to all these questions, the book is designed to spark your interest in a deeper understanding of life, being, and the mysteries of our universe, and to share my passion of science in a wider audience. It is an easy read, and hopefully the start of a beautiful journey in exploring some of the most challenged topics of science.

You can view more details here: http://amzn.com/B00FEOAG4C, the book is on promotion now, only $0.99 for the Kindle version. Amazon vouchers available for reviewers (max 20 vouchers, PM me for the details)!

Yours,
Remus Gogu

message 2: by Kenny (last edited Feb 03, 2014 10:58AM) (new)

Kenny Chaffin (kennychaffin) Thanks Remus, I just purchased it and will read as I have time. Sounds like you and I have many interests in common. :D

Will look at posting a review when and if appropriate.

message 3: by Remus (new) - added it

Remus (bookriding) Kenny wrote: "Thanks Remus, I just purchased it and will read as I have time. Sounds like you an I have many interests in common. :D

Will look at posting a review when and if appropriate."

Hi Kenny, thank you for purchasing my book, I am looking forward to your feedback! :-)

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura Mitchell (laurarm) | 32 comments I have recently posted a short interview with Dr. Alec Zorne about the nature of the reality matrix effect. You can find it at http://webspace.webring.com/people/rl... .

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Mitchell (laurarm) | 32 comments Remus wrote: "Hi, I am the author of Book Riding: Creative Readings and Writings in Physics and Psychology, and I am searching for science loving readers and reviewers.

Book Riding is meant to b..."

I took a quick look at the sample of your book on Kindle, and I find the concepts very interesting--and, it appears to me, very consistent with part of the underlying idea behind my novel, The Reality Matrix Effect. (I invite you to read it.) I certainly relate to your idea about "book riding" in nonfiction, but I'm not sure that would work with a novel. What do you think?

message 6: by Remus (new) - added it

Remus (bookriding) Hi Laura,

maybe the core part of the book riding philosophy will work with novels in the sense that it would solve the "commitment" problem that people generally have before purchasing a book. Many people feel that once a book has been purchased it should be read all the way through before trying something else. Some even confessed to me that they feel guilty of abandoning books in the middle, books that they found interesting at some point.

I encourage readers to read as much as possible, and to drop books if their mood is appropriate for something else. Just as in life, learning to let go is as important as learning to commit. Books deserve a try, and anyway it turns out you often return to a book you've tried to read before. If you don't let go, you will not try new. I am fighting to break some barriers for myself, and to help others do the same.

All the best,
Remus

message 7: by Betsy, co-mod (new)

Betsy | 1669 comments Mod
Interesting concept. I agree with you that people should not feel compelled to finish a book just because they started it, if they're no longer getting any enjoyment or learning from it. I have a whole shelf in Goodreads of Abandoned books, and also a shelf for Paused books that I think I might return to later.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura Mitchell (laurarm) | 32 comments Remus wrote: "Hi Laura,

maybe the core part of the book riding philosophy will work with novels in the sense that it would solve the "commitment" problem that people generally have before purchasing a book. Man..."

I'll have to give that some more thought.

Most of my professional writing has been nonfiction. (I'm a former newspaper reporter/copy editor and free-lance writer specializing in economic, health-care and disability rights issues.)

When I started working on fiction, especially on my novel, I realized that there was a huge difference in approach--and in the mindset I needed to have in writing. With non-fiction, my goal was to inform and educate. I thought of the process as gathering pieces of a puzzle and putting them together for the reader. In writing fiction, though, I had to reverse the process. I knew the whole picture (or at least the overall arc of the story), and my job was to scatter puzzle pieces in the bushes so that readers could piece together the puzzle for themselves. Maybe that's why I'm not sure about how well "book riding" would work with fiction. But as I said, I'll give it more thought.

message 9: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia | 6 comments Added it to my to-read list will read it after exams.

message 10: by Remus (new) - added it

Remus (bookriding) Tricia wrote: "Added it to my to-read list will read it after exams."

Hi Tricia, thank you and looking forward to your feedback!

All the best with the exams
Remus