The Wide Web of Friends in YA Books discussion

Miscellaneous > Day v.s Peeta

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Cheyenne | 1425 comments Mod
Thoughts and opinions?

This one here is hard for me to decide. I love them both.

message 2: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
Peeta!

message 3: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

I want to say Day.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Day:P <3 Peeta is great and all. But I love Day too much<33333

message 5: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Yeah

message 6: by Lauryn (new)

Lauryn | 262 comments Ohmygosh, I love DAY!!!! From Legend, right?? Sorry Peeta, but Day is totally awesome!!!

message 7: by Beatrice (last edited Feb 13, 2014 05:35AM) (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) No Competition. It should be Day (Legend) vs. Perry (Under the Never Sky). Since they're both tough.

Peeta wasn't as tough as Day though.

- just my opinion. No pun intended

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly what Zeina said

message 9: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
Come to think of it, they are a bit alike...

message 10: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Ummmm Day is my road.

message 11: by Abigail (new)

Abigail | 413 comments Peeta by far for me

message 12: by ily (new)

ily  (akronawol) | 50 comments Day!!!

message 13: by Ally (new)

Ally Bryan (allysbookshoparoundthecorner) | 260 comments Day :)

Julia Griffis - The Romance Bibliophile (theromancebibliophile) DAY all the way!

message 15: by sim (new)

sim | 156 comments Once upon a time, I would've opted for Peeta (since I was ridiculously obsessed with him) but now it's Day for me! That may be because I've read Champion more recently...:) But I love both of them incredibly much <3

message 16: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) no no no no no no no no no.

Day and Peeta are absolutely nothing alike.

Peeta is a zillion times better.

so Day vs. Peeta... is that even a question?

and by the way - if Day is similar to any of the characters in The Hunger Games, it would be Gale!

message 17: by Wells Margo (new)

Wells Margo (pearapple) | 297 comments Ummm actually Peeta bread is a zillion times worse...

message 18: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) ummm... Peeta bread? (do I even want to know?) and WHAT?!

message 19: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte O'dair Thorne Pedrad Valdez Lewis Steiner | 109 comments How are so many people saying Day? Why is this even a thread? Peeta is amazing and better than Day in every way possible. The only way they're alike is that they both have a partially metal leg. Peeta actually cares about Katniss. Day breaks up with June, blames her for his family's death when she insisted no one got hurt, and doesnt tell her he's dying! Day is awful. I am disgusted by the way he treats June. He only treats her like he should when he forgets her. And Day cheated on June. Day kissed Tess when he and June were dating, and they were dating or else how can they have broken up? For Peeta it was always Katniss. His love for her didn't falter until it was forcibly taken away by the capital, and even then it came back. Peeta is kind, sweet, he is everything and Katniss knows he will always be there for her: they are there for each other, always. But with Day and June it's a never ending roller coaster of emotions where they hate and love and don't trust each other all at once. How, in a million, billion years could anyone ever think that Day is even remotely better then Peeta? Because he's not. Peeta is, was and will be forever so much better than Day. Anyone who objects needs to reread both series', and they will immediately see Peeta is so, so, so much better than Day.

message 20: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea B | 348 comments I like both of them in different ways :)
I love Day and his butt-kicking side, but I also love the sweet side of Peeta. They are somewhat hard to compare, but I love them both :)

message 21: by julia (last edited Feb 14, 2014 09:36PM) (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) Charlotte wrote: "How are so many people saying Day? Why is this even a thread? Peeta is amazing and better than Day in every way possible. The only way they're alike is that they both have a partially metal leg. Pe..."

^exactly! I agree 100% with everything you just said! And I'd like to add that Day is annoyingly arrogant.

message 22: by Wells Margo (new)

Wells Margo (pearapple) | 297 comments Peeta is a weak old man who can't take care of himself, he is like a worse version of Jem.

message 23: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Harsh

message 24: by Wells Margo (new)

Wells Margo (pearapple) | 297 comments Its not harsh! Its the truth!

message 25: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) A weak old man who can't take care of himself?? Seriously? He isn't TRYING to take care of himself - he's trying to take care of Katniss! In the first book, he gets stabbed in the leg by Cato because he saved Katniss from the Careers. And that leads to him having to get a metal leg (which, like Charlotte said, Day also has) which is why he has a harder time in the second arena! Would you like to try to swim or run through a jungle with a metal leg?! Cause it's not easy, especially because Peeta is still trying to protect Katniss!

As for the 'weak old man' description: First of all, Peeta isn't weak. He can through 100 pound bags of flour. And also people. And I have no idea where you got it in your head that Peeta is an 'old man.' In the first book, he's 16! That isn't old. And Day is 15 in Legend. That's not that big off a difference, even though it might seem like it because Peeta acts more mature than Day.

message 26: by sim (new)

sim | 156 comments THIS ^. Julia, you're AWESOME! Even though I voted for Day, I'm not so sure anymore. I think you've brought the part in me which loves Peeta indescribably to the surface again. Peeta and Day, both are great but I guess I agree now that Peeta is better. Day never protected June because he didn't need to but since Katniss was always *ahem* mentally ill i.e. completely nuts *ahem* Peeta always put her life first AND put up with her horrible attitude AND STILL continued to love her. That's called BRAVERY! Hats off to Peeta! <3

message 27: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) ^thanks!! :)

and EXACTLY! Everything Peeta does is brave and selfless and for Katniss - not himself.

message 28: by Wells Margo (new)

Wells Margo (pearapple) | 297 comments Not really...

message 29: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

True to that. He depends on Katniss. He would of died in the hunger games if it wasn't because of her.

Day has his reasons. Just like Will.

message 30: by ❥Katlynn (new)

❥Katlynn (katlynnvn) Day!!!!<3

message 31: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 354 comments I loved Hunger Games at least 10 times more, but I still liked Day better as a character.