Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead Lean In discussion

Lean In To Become a Movie

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shannon The film rights to Lean In have recently been acquired. I wonder what genre they would have the movie fall into. I'm having a difficult time envisioning it. Anybody think it could work?

Details here: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/0...

Shannon Kate wrote: "I think it would be kind of awkward movie. I can't really see it happening unless it's a documentary of something. I don't know, they could make it work. I guess we'll just have to see. :)"

Right, my first thought was documentary but I don't believe those do big box office dollars. There is also going to be Lean In: For Graduates released in April. Looks like they are going to work this book from every angle.

Elizabeth☮ I think it will be a silly movie unless they focus on a particular person, like Sandberg and tell a specific woman's story. But it will be a drama and it may fall apart. Most movies made from non-fiction works that are general and not based on a person's life or an actual event, don't work. Think of Mean Girls and Fast Food Nation - two movies based on non-fiction works.

Archit I am not quite sure that this books is ready to be a movie. Brilliant read, but needs more drama and a detailed storyline to be a movie.

Hillary A good script will do that. They could wrap the key elements in a particular set of characters. The movie Mean Girls was based on a non-fiction book, a great non-fiction book, called Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence

Shannon Hillary wrote: "A good script will do that. They could wrap the key elements in a particular set of characters. The movie Mean Girls was based on a non-fiction book, a great non-fiction book, called [book:Queen ..."

Okay, I'm starting to see how it might work. Several characters dealing with different issues outlined in the book. As much as this book is about women, I think the role of the men in the film will be critical.

Reader007 I read the book last year. .well 3/4ths of it before it became so popular. I hope the author's family comes first before fame. I enjoyed the author's perspective--don't agree with all of it. She just became a billionaire. The movie??? I'm not so sure how I feel about it. We shall see.

Raphael Bernardo I bet they optioned it for a small amount. Doesn't say for how much, so the deal might have been announced to the test for interest. It wouldn't make sense if this book is released as a movie. As Phoenix said it would be awkward.

Christ Lewis I guess this will be in the same type as The Social Network movie. I really want to see how this will turn out. They will need to add more drama to make this become more interesting.