Queers Queers discussion

Queers BR Feb 10th! Woot!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 237 (237 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by MishyJo (new)

MishyJo Getting psyched for this! I struggle with long books so I am counting on my buddies to get me through!

Jennifer☠Pher☠ I think it works!!!

Catherine YAY! Ha ha ha! Yes, my hummingbird brain has been sent into overdrive by MM books (which are typically shorter than Het books), but I am very excited for this BR. :)

Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books It works for sure. Thank goodness I have a week to finish all others im in the middle of LOL

Alvin Count me in Ma'm Mishy! :D

Richard Me too!

message 8: by Natasha (new) - added it

Natasha Here I ammmmmmmmm!

message 9: by MishyJo (last edited Feb 07, 2014 11:00PM) (new)

MishyJo Hey all! I am thinking we are never going to find an exact starting time that works for everyone and everyone is going to end up reading at his/her own pace anyway. So let's just all do what works best for each of us and if chaos breaks out, so be it. This BR is gonna be really casual unless someone else wants to take over and figure out an effective and efficient way to it. I don't have the mental capacity :)

I hope to starting the book around 6 pm my time on Monday 2-10. Just for reference, this would be:

Richard: 5 pm in California
Natasha: 6 pm (you're in Alberta, right?)
Sandra: 7 pm in Chicago
Catherine & Mare: 8 pm in Toronto
Jennifer: 8 pm in Delaware
Runell: 8 pm Georgia
Marco: 1 am Tuesday in Germany
Alvin: 8 am Tuesday in the Philippines

I have never done a big BR with so many people, so many time zones, or such a long book. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to share. Otherwise we will see how it goes.

message 10: by MishyJo (last edited Feb 07, 2014 11:02PM) (new)

MishyJo Marco wrote: "Er, not so sure if I will be able to make it at 1 am, but I will try to catch up as soon as I, you know, am awake... ;-)"

Such a smartass you are! You could also start a bit early if you want. Like I said, whatever works.

message 11: by MishyJo (new)

MishyJo We all just need to be careful and use spoilers tags as needed if we are ahead of the pace.

Alvin Mishyjo wrote: "Hey all! I am thinking we are never going to find an exact starting time that works for everyone and everyone is going to end up reading at his/her own pace anyway. So let's just all do what works..."

Noted! Is going to be a chat box or something?

Carole M @Marco, that was FUNNY!!!

Jennifer☠Pher☠ Can I start early? I mean, if I finish up a book Sunday...I didn't get a notification about this and happened to see it so I need to figure that out too. Hi all!

message 15: by MishyJo (new)

MishyJo ★Jennifer★ aka PHER wrote: "Can I start early? I mean, if I finish up a book Sunday...I didn't get a notification about this and happened to see it so I need to figure that out too. Hi all!"

Yup. Make sure that you hit the button or whatever to follow the discussion :)

Jennifer☠Pher☠ Changed my settings, let's see if that helps at all. If not, I'll just leave this tab open and refresh. I hate getting email notifications but I think I can suck it up for this party :)

Jennifer☠Pher☠ Figured it out!!! If for some reason above the comment box it states email, click on it, it will change to follow and then you get the option to just get notifications. This is stupid if it defaults this way. I have never noticed but bet I have missed a lot of stuff because. Ok, now I am excited!

Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books Woo hoo looking forward to this. Thanks Mishy. :)

message 19: by Runell (new)

Runell So excited for this!

Jennifer☠Pher☠ I'm excited I am getting notifications! Woo Hoo!

Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews I will probably start Monday morning or Sunday night depending on what book I have on the go at that time! I heard this is a long one! This excites me!!

Catherine Sadly, I am not getting notifications, but that's not the end of the world; I can check this thread manually occasionally (I know, it's barbaric, but it works).

I think my start time will depend on when I finish the book before it, but I'll try to aim for early evening.

Richard I receive the notifications.

Tick tock....

Jennifer☠Pher☠ Catherine, you can fix it like I did. Above the comment box see what it says. It either says you are following the discussion or you will get an email. If it says email, click on it. Once you do that, below the comment box click on the notify option and change it to notifications. It worked for me! I think I will probably start early, some time tomorrow night I am thinking based on when I finish the book I am starting now. I have to work all day Monday so getting a head start won't hurt.

message 25: by Natasha (new) - added it

Natasha THIS IS LITERALLY ONE MILLION PAGES

message 26: by MishyJo (new)

MishyJo Natasha wrote: "THIS IS LITERALLY ONE MILLION PAGES"

IKR. I hope it's super good.

message 27: by Natasha (new) - added it

Natasha Mishyjo wrote: "Natasha wrote: "THIS IS LITERALLY ONE MILLION PAGES"

IKR. I hope it's super good."

It better be! My attention span is shorter than a gnat's! (see what I did there?)

message 28: by MishyJo (new)

MishyJo Natasha wrote: "It better be! My attention span is shorter than a gnat's! (see what I did there?)"

No, what did you do there?
My sweet spot is about 250 pages. This is way beyond that.

Jennifer☠Pher☠ I see it, I see it, ha! Hint...her attention span is shorter than her...(view spoiler).

Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books Lol I love you guys. U make me smile

message 31: by MishyJo (new)

MishyJo I had to read Pher's hint 3 times. Sssssslow I am.

Jennifer☠Pher☠ But you got it!! This is going to be a great freaking time!

Jennifer☠Pher☠ Sandra ♥'s way to many M/M books wrote: "Lol I love you guys. U make me smile"

Smiling is awesome! So glad to help!

message 34: by Natasha (new) - added it

Natasha Ahhh nothing. :) my name is Natasha. People
Call me Nat. Attention span is shorter than a gnat's. It's a lame joke.

Catherine Yesterday it only said "Follow this discussion by email" but now it's saying "you are following this discussion" so I'm thinking that GR gremlins fixed the problem for me while I slept. :)

Nat... you're incredibly dorky - I loves it. I would totally make that joke.

Okay! Monday. Reading a million pages. We can do it!

Jennifer☠Pher☠ Glad it fixed itself for you!! I have noticed that everything has defaulted to the email and I don't remember it being like that so yes, maybe it was a bug with the system. One Million Pages...Yikes...

Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books One million geez I should've started Last Monday! :)

message 38: by MishyJo (new)

MishyJo Sandra ♥'s way to many M/M books wrote: "One million geez I should've started Last Monday! :)"

Stop you guys! Long books intimidate me. You are supposed to be encouraging me not freaking me out more.

Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books Lol girl your a reading machine. Besides a long book won't feel that way when you have lottsa friends doing it with u and updates where someone might be a little ahead of you and u gotta get to that part now because it looks that good lol

Jennifer☠Pher☠ I am going to read a shorty and then will probably start tonight, I know you guys said that was ok, hope it still is. There is no way I can't be reading and if I dig in to something else I won't get to start tomorrow so, that is my plan. I haven't read any reviews, how do they look? I know Baba hated it...

message 41: by MishyJo (new)

MishyJo Baba hated it. Bev loved it. I am usually more in sync eith Bev than Baba so I am hopeful. No one else I know has read it. It has 4.5 stars overall.

Jennifer☠Pher☠ Sweet, I actually can't wait for all of us to read it and see is we agree or disagree! I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow!!

Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books Ha I was thinking the same thing Pher. Damn real life getting in the way. :)

Jennifer☠Pher☠ For real, I would be happy if just snowed a ton so I could work from home or something but no, looks like we are getting less than an inch...

Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews Ladies, gents... I'm gonna start the book now :)

Jennifer☠Pher☠ Same, I have read two shitty shorts in waiting and I am not going to do that again or wait any longer. Cheers! Oh wait...Queers!

Catherine HAHAHA!

Enjoy ladies! Can't wait for the updates. :)

Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews Hahaha Jennifer! I just read Finding Zach. It was ok- but lately all books have just been ok! Here's hoping- cross fingers! Happy reading!!

Jennifer☠Pher☠ Enjoy Mare, I see good things, I hope... I am like on page 2 and we got a Harry Potter reference, that has to mean good things I think.

Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books Enjoy everyone! Remember spoilers hidden for those who can't start at the same times. I'm excited.

« previous 1 3 4 5