Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Recommendations > Shoujo Manga with Pretty Female Lead?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hardian (new)

Hardian | 21 comments Also, other characters in the manga acknowledge that she's indeed one pretty, beautiful girl. It's better if she's been pretty since the beginning, though the makeover type will be interesting to know too :)

I have read Hibi Chouchou anyway and quite liked it.

Thank you in advance.

message 2: by Melis (new)

Melis | 4 comments I can understand you since most of the shoujo manga characters described being plain so it's hard to see beautiful ones.These are my recommendations;
Akuma to Love Song
Keishichou Tokuhanka 007
Hadashi de Bara o Fume
Last Notes
Mishounen Produce etc.

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Hmmm. The only one that I thought might fit your needs has already been recommended. Apparently it's hard to find a shoujo with a pretty main character. A lot of the time she is either plain/ugly or believes that she is.

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Adrienne wrote: "Horimiya has a pretty female lead, despite the double apperance, that is acknowledged by all of her peers."

I just read this upon your recommendation and it reminds me of another series that applies here. 14歳の恋 1 14-sai no Koi 1 (Love at Fourteen, #1) by Fuka Mizutani has a similar plot to Horiyama. It features two of the most popular and attractive people in class who are friends because they share a common desire to appear mature to their peers, but are themselves with each other.

Horiyama was really cute, btw. Thanks for recommending it!

message 5: by Lena♫ (new)

Lena♫ | 148 comments For Shoujo manga with a pretty female lead, I would recommend:

V.B. Rose Volume 1 by Banri Hidaka
B.O.D.Y., Volume 1 by Ao Mimori

I agree with Kristin above.

message 6: by Parker (new)

Parker J (parkerj) | 4 comments Nana, Vol. 1 (Nana, #1) by Ai Yazawa (its actually Josei but whatever) and Sand Chronicles, Vol. 1 (Sand Chronicles, #1) by Hinako Ashihara

message 8: by Leela (new)

Leela Tso | 6 comments For Shoujo manga with a pretty female lead, I would recommend kaichou wa maid-sama. :)

message 9: by Miku (last edited Aug 18, 2016 09:49AM) (new)

Miku | 20 comments Gu Fang Bu Zhi Shang's female Lead is pretty in her own way.
The Prince's Cactus female lead is cool and beautiful whether in long hair or short with a pretty art.

Kuro Hakushaku Wa Hoshi Wo Mederu
A oneshot

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) the girl in Disney Manga: Magical Dance Volume 1 is pretty.

message 11: by JESSIE (new)

JESSIE | 1 comments I would recommend
Coffee & Vanilla
[but Coffee and Vanilla is shoujo/smut]
Kainushi wa Akuma
Ou-sama ni Sasagu Kusuriyubi
[Ou-sama ni Sasagu Kusuriyubi is josei]
Geten no Hana

message 12: by Terrence (new)

Terrence (grnkrby) | 82 comments Kiss Him, Not Me!, Vol. 7 by Junko

Kiss Him Not Me

message 13: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Larsen | 1 comments Though a bit late to reply, there's two I would definitely recommend:

If you enjoy romantic comedies, with the focus more on comedy at the beginning, I recommendOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1.
If you prefer more romance than comedy, The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 1.

Truth be told, I enjoy both for their own reasons, though I kinda fell in love with one of the characters, nicknamed Maora (whom I have set for my profile picture). >v<

message 14: by Phoenix2 (new)

Phoenix2 | 31 comments I really liked the girl in ヒロイン失格 1 (Heroine Shikkaku 1) by 幸田 もも子 Heroine Disqualified, She was both beautiful and cute.