Indie Book Collective discussion

What's New > Chuck Wendig seeking self published book recommendations

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyoko (new)

Kyoko M. (kyokominamino) | 8 comments Chuck Wendig, author of 500 Ways To Be A Better Writer, has opened up a blog post for people to post self published author and book recommendations. He's very popular so I thought it'd be a good idea to pass on the message so you guys can get some exposure and help each other get exposure. Maybe we can all pair up? Just thought it was a good opportunity to get some new names out among the reading masses.

Here's the link: http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2014/...

Have a good day and keep writing!

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 126 comments I will say that Chuck will be a great deal more pleased if people do NOT go on there touting their own books. Read his post, and see what he is looking for--recommendations for self-published books that meet or exceed the standards of traditionally published books. Ones that you read and enjoyed.

message 3: by Kyoko (new)

Kyoko M. (kyokominamino) | 8 comments Rebecca wrote: "I will say that Chuck will be a great deal more pleased if people do NOT go on there touting their own books. Read his post, and see what he is looking for--recommendations for self-published book..."

I figured that kinda goes without saying. It would be crappy to just promote your own stuff on the post and that's why I thought it would be nice to mention someone's work you've genuinely enjoyed but doesn't quite have a following yet. I never meant to imply we should just spam it with promotions. Spreading the word is all I really meant to do, but apparently, that's not going so well today...

message 4: by Rebecca (last edited Feb 03, 2014 07:39PM) (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 126 comments I haven't gone back to look at what's been posted in the comments there, but I just finished reading today's blog post, and it makes me suspect I might know what I'll find if I do.

All author-publishers should read and think about today's Wendig blog post
http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2014/...
Well, all who are of age. Chuck does enjoy his potty-mouth :D

I'm sorry, Kyoko. I didn't mean to say that you were advocating self-promotion, but it could so easily be taken as an invitation to that, or the kind of blind back-scratching I've seen around here at times.

message 5: by Kyoko (new)

Kyoko M. (kyokominamino) | 8 comments Rebecca wrote: "I haven't gone back to look at what's been posted in the comments there, but I just finished reading today's blog post, and it makes me suspect I might know what I'll find if I do.

All author-pu..."

No, no, you're fine! I sometimes forget that not everyone lives in my brain so I kind of assumed people would act within reason of suggesting good self published authors on the post. No offense given, none taken, as Calvin Candie would say. Thanks for chiming in either way. =D

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 126 comments I'm happy to say that as of last night the comments hadn't been spammed all over. There are a lot of suggestions in the SF/Fantasy/post-apocalyptic/zombie genres, so if anyone is a fan, go check it out! Many if not most people included summaries and some discussion of why they liked the books so much (I copped out and just said I like X and Y. I felt bad about it, but I was tired!)