Reading the Chunksters discussion

Under the Dome
This topic is about Under the Dome
Archived 2014 Group Reads > 2/3: Week 16 - Blood Everywhere

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (kristicoleman) We're getting closer to the end! What did you think about this section??

Zulfiya (ztrotter) The events are spiralling out of control in this section. It is as if the pressure of being under the dome is too intense, and things start happening quite vigorously. The City Hall meeting leads to two deaths - one is expected, but Carolyn's one is totally accidental. The town is virtually possessed by chaos.

Junior kills cops in the PD, and is in his turn killed by Jackie.

You can see the final divide (battle/culmination) is coming, and the signs are not good. Luckily, The Barbara camp seems to be fully geared to leave the town and regroup elsewhere across the line of radiation

Deana (ablotial) Reading through this section, the suspense just kept building. Everyone had plans, and all of those plans just came to a head all at once. Reading about everyone's plans ... Andi's, Jackie's, Junior's, Big Jim's, I just built up a sense of dread about what was to come. And of course, everything did result in Chaos!

Sad about the death of Carolyn, and even more sad about Andi - I thought she might be about to make some changes for the better in this little town but now it seems that won't be possible. I'm glad Big Jim was able to see the soberness in her eyes before she got taken out, though... somehow that seems like she'd redeemed herself.

My biggest worry right now is about Joe, because he had the idea of using the radio station to make people aware of some things, which everyone thought was a good idea. But they have no idea what is going on out there, and I'm concerned they'll try to go out and get attacked by Phil and Andy. I smell disaster in the works.

I wonder if any likeable people will make it out of this dome alive in the end...

Zulfiya (ztrotter) Deana wrote: "Reading through this section, the suspense just kept building. Everyone had plans, and all of those plans just came to a head all at once. "

You are so right, Deana. So many things just stared happening at once because so many plans were ready to be completed.

Stephen King is wonderfully conveying this feeling of tension and air that is sticky with emotions, fear, anticipation, and anxiety.