The Challenge Factory discussion

♦SS Archives♦ > R1: Double 'O" Seven

Comments Showing 1-50 of 374 (374 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Jenne (last edited Feb 22, 2014 08:34AM) (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Captains: Vicky & Becca-Rawr
JoAnne
NayNay
Vicky
Becca-Rawr
Catherine

Free Pass

message 2: by Jenne (last edited Feb 10, 2014 08:09PM) (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Dice Roll (2 dice on Fridays US Central Time)
Time Zone Converter
Post Your Spot
Spreadsheet

message 3: by Jenne (last edited Mar 18, 2014 07:45AM) (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments  photo 46de6706-f0fc-4177-b150-a4c10be59e08_zps8ba9c9ce.jpg

The alternates:
Each number corresponds with the spot on the board.
For colors: The cover has to be at least 50%
For locations: As long as the book takes part at all in the given location .
For Shelves: Any book on the given shelf
For Publication Years: I'll be using how GR has it's publication date listed.
For Authors Names: The first, middle, or last name of the author is ok.
For Titles: Only the first word of the title. A, An, And, and The do not count.
So if the letter is B: The Best Day would be ok. Dear Betty would not be ok.

1. Location: China
2. Author: K
3. Color: Green
4. 2005
5. Maybe
6. Title: H
7. Location: Arizona
8. Author: P
9. Color: White
10. 2010
11. 4-Stars
12. Title: B
13. Location: France
14. Author: E
15. Color: Blue
16. 2003
17. loved
18. Title: N
19. Location: Texas
20. Author: G
21. Color: Purple
22. 2012
23. lendable
24. Title: W
25. Location: Kansas
26. Author: S
27. Color: Pink
28. 2004
29. bookclub
30. Title: C
31. Location: New York
32. Author: A
33. Color: Black
34. 2013
35. hardcover
36. Title: D
37. Location: Italy
38. Author: R
39. Color: Yellow
40. 2007
41. audio
42. Title: K
43. Location: Oregon
44. Author: L
45. Color: Red
46. 2009
47. purchased
48. Title: M
49. Location: England
50. Author: J
51. Color: Gray/Silver
52. 2002
53. started
54. Title: R
55. Location: Florida
56. Author: F
57. Color: Orange
58. 2008
59. keepers
60. Title: P
61. Location: South America
62. Author: C
63. Color: Green
64. 2011
65. reviews
66. Title: E
67. Location: California
68. Author: T
69. Color: Red
70. 2012
71. stand-alones
72. Title: S
73. Location: Russia
74. Author: W
75. Color: White
(view spoiler)

message 4: by JoAnne (last edited Feb 03, 2014 10:35AM) (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments Hey Team 7. Look forward to participating in this challenge together.

I prefer NOT to be captain since I have a lot on my plate at home right now but will have no problem doing the 1 book a week challenge. I also participate in a few others - all individual though.

Any thoughts for a team name?

Seven Deadly Readers?
Lucky Sevens?

I live in Connecticut - east coast of the USA. Having snow again today - expecting 3 - 7 inches by the time it ends tonight with another storm tomorrow into Wednesday, then Saturday and maybe Sunday night into Monday. This is our 5th snow day from school. :(

Becca-Rawr cute that we're on the same team since we had a conversation about books early in the sign up stage!

message 5: by Catherine (last edited Feb 03, 2014 04:11PM) (new)

Catherine | 879 comments Hi..just got home...in the blizzard! 8in (about 16cm) snow...and still coming down :) I do love snow...but I hate shovelling the stuff! we're getting the same as you JoAnne...here in Jersey :)

I can tell you I do not want to be captain....I don't know haw to do all the posting stuff...and I don't really have time either :(

I can't wait to get started....my fingers are itching to handle some books! lol

message 6: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments Catherine wrote: "Hi..just got home...in the blizzard! 8in (about 7cm) snow...and still coming down :) I do love snow...but I hate shovelling the stuff! we're getting the same as you JoAnne...here in Jersey :)

I ..."

Guess we're not too far apart. Looking forward to starting the challenge Friday too.

I leave for work around 8am each day and don't have access to Goodreads while at work. If I don't post before work about what I'm reading I'll do it once I get home. I will always post my review by Thursday evening (even if it's late - I tend to be a night owl) so the roll can take place as needed on Friday.

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 879 comments haha...I had a brain fart....lol...7 inches is around 16 cm not 7 cm!!!

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 879 comments JoAnne wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Hi..just got home...in the blizzard! 8in (about 7cm) snow...and still coming down :) I do love snow...but I hate shovelling the stuff! we're getting the same as you JoAnne...her..."

I am on my way to work at about 630...but I generally get home around 2...I am also a night owl! but I will try to post by Thursday evening :)

so we pick on Fridays then?

message 9: by NayNay (new)

NayNay Hi ladies....

I live in Ontario, Canada and we had a lot of snow lately too. We had snow and rain this weekend so we have a lot of ice too. I' m looking forward to this round, I like this challenge.
I prefer not to be captain, my father has health issue and lives next door, I am taking care of two households, so I would prefer to pass.

As for names...

SECRET SEVEN
SEVEN DWARFS
SEVEN WONDERS

message 10: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 879 comments I like Seven Wonders...how about Seven Wonders of the World!

message 11: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments Catherine wrote: "I like Seven Wonders...how about Seven Wonders of the World!"

I like Seven Wonders too but how about
Seven Wonders of Reading Challenges
Seven Wonders of Addicted Readers?

message 12: by NayNay (new)

NayNay Those are all good...OH I thought of another

DOUBLE 'O' SEVEN

message 13: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments Let's wait and see when the two others on the team weigh in

Suggested team names:
Seven Deadly Readers
Lucky Sevens
SECRET SEVEN
SEVEN DWARFS
SEVEN WONDERS
Seven Wonders of the World
Seven Wonders of Reading Challenges
Seven Wonders of Addicted Readers
DOUBLE 'O' SEVEN

message 14: by Becca-Rawr (new)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments Hey, everyone! Nice to know I'm not the only one who has the snow to complain about.

I don't really care what the team name is, but I like Double 'O' Seven, I'm a Bond fan.

I've also never played this before so I might be a very poor Captain.

message 15: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) Hi everyone! Sounds like we're all in the same boat for the snow, I'm in Delaware. Looks like we should be prepared for more snow this weekend. :(

I didn't really want to be captain either. Would anybody be willing to be a co-captaincy we me? We could switch every other week?

I'm not super picky about the name, but I like Seven Wonders and Double 'O' Seven.

message 16: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 879 comments yeah...more snow tonight/tomorrow for us, and again over the weekend...was supposed to be Saturday...but it changed to Sunday/Monday! I do have to say..I have taken a few nice pics though....

message 17: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 879 comments oooh...I like Double O Seven too! lol :) it is so hard to decide!

and I like the other "Seven Wonders" names too! :)

message 18: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments YAY - the gangs all here!!!

Either name is good for me.

I really can't be co captain since I'm still dealing with estate issues with my dad's death and it's all consuming but sounds like a great idea.

We're expecting snow tonight into tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday into Monday which they are calling a blizzard and we could get several feet of snow. :(
Already had one snow day this week and probably another tomorrow.

Can't wait for the first roll.

message 19: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 879 comments They're saying up to 30in!!

message 20: by Becca-Rawr (new)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments I'll be co-captain if we can't find anyone else to do it.

Good luck in tomorrow's storm, everyone!

message 21: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments Becca-Rawr wrote: "I'll be co-captain if we can't find anyone else to do it.

Good luck in tomorrow's storm, everyone!"

Thanks for stepping up to be co-captains Vicky and Becca-Rawr!

Why don't we go with Double O Seven since I think just about everyone commented on it? Thoughts?

Too bad we can't start the challenge tomorrow if we all get snowed in. LOL

message 22: by NayNay (new)

NayNay Hi Ladies...

Were in for a big snow storm it is supposed to start at midnight....15 cm (little over 5 inches). This is the time to curl under a warm blanket, with a cup of chocolate chip tea, and a really good book. LOL

Thanks Vicky and Becca-Rawr for taking the job as co-captains. And I am all for DOUBLE 'O' SEVEN

message 23: by Becca-Rawr (new)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments Are all in agreement with Double 'O' Seven? I think that's a great team name.

And NayNay,chocolate chip tea? Oh my goodness, what is that like?

message 24: by NayNay (new)

NayNay I taste like chocolate chip cookies, the teabags actually have little chocolate chips in with the tea leaves....I have a valentine tea it taste like strawberries dipped in chocolate....they are decadent, I am a chocolate freak!!!

message 25: by Becca-Rawr (new)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments It's official, my life's purpose is to find these teas.

Vicky, who should be captain this week?

message 26: by NayNay (new)

message 27: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 879 comments NayNay wrote: "I taste like chocolate chip cookies, the teabags actually have little chocolate chips in with the tea leaves....I have a valentine tea it taste like strawberries dipped in chocolate....they are dec..."

you have no idea who you're talking to!! I am the biggest chocoholic ever! lol

message 28: by NayNay (new)

NayNay Catherine wrote: "NayNay wrote: "I taste like chocolate chip cookies, the teabags actually have little chocolate chips in with the tea leaves....I have a valentine tea it taste like strawberries dipped in chocolate...."

Everything's better with chocolate!!

message 29: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments NayNay wrote: "I taste like chocolate chip cookies, the teabags actually have little chocolate chips in with the tea leaves....I have a valentine tea it taste like strawberries dipped in chocolate....they are dec..."

wow - I'm so not a tea drinker but those sound good!

message 30: by Becca-Rawr (new)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments This is the best tea website I've ever seen...

message 31: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 879 comments NayNay wrote: "Catherine wrote: "NayNay wrote: "I taste like chocolate chip cookies, the teabags actually have little chocolate chips in with the tea leaves....I have a valentine tea it taste like strawberries di..."

absolutely! :) I have a needlepoint that says it all..."Chocolate Makes the World Go Round!"

message 32: by NayNay (new)

NayNay Becca-Rawr wrote: "This is the best tea website I've ever seen..."

One of my favorite websites!

message 33: by Becca-Rawr (new)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments Hey, gang. So I think we need to tell the mods what our team name is and who are captains are. I was going to drop by and do that today, but is everybody okay with Double 'O' Seven for a team name?

Just let me know, everyone, :)

message 34: by NayNay (new)

NayNay That's good with me

message 35: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 879 comments sure :)

message 36: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments Sounds like a plan

Well had about 8 inches of snow today - maybe more - and then sleet/freezing rain on top of it with some just plain rain added in. Finally ended; I cleared off the two cars and shoveled some then my plow guy came to do the driveway and since I saw him I asked if I could move the cars off of it for him to push the snow back further. He said yes, only could move one car so he did what he needed to do, I finished shoveling the other car out so I could move it; moved it to the clean spot to finish shoveling and get my car parked better. Luckily when the town came through they did not push tons of heavy stuff back on the bottom of the driveway but lifted his blade and left it clean - YAY!!

How did everyone else fare with the storm?

message 37: by NayNay (new)

NayNay We had over 15 cm, and the roads were a nightmare...I will tell you this I AM A SUMMER GIRL!

message 38: by Becca-Rawr (last edited Feb 05, 2014 10:59PM) (new)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments Hey, all! I submitted out team name so I think we're all set for Friday.

Vicky, who is being captain first? I can be, no problem, just let me know so we're not both rolling or thinking the other person already has, lol

We had a foot or more of snow, but I live in a hill town, so I'm pretty used to it. I had to shovel my driveway by hand, but I think it snowed again, so it was for nothing. But the cold weather is perfect for tea and reading!

message 39: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments Did paperwork the rest of the day - I don't go out in this kind of weather especially if school is cancelled - I work in an elementary school office in my town.

Can't wait to see what our first roll brings.
Interesting that the alternates are all set too and that it's a two dice not one.

message 40: by NayNay (new)

NayNay Yes the two dice is interesting...I will be honest I don' t read a lot of series, I depend on the alternative, and they look interesting this round

message 41: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments NayNay wrote: "Yes the two dice is interesting...I will be honest I don' t read a lot of series, I depend on the alternative, and they look interesting this round"

I agree they do. I go in spurts with series. Hopefully the numbers will be good to us.
Let the fun begin tomorrow.

Captains any idea what time you plan on rolling them? Anytime from 1am ET since it's midnight CT.

message 42: by Becca-Rawr (new)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments I will roll tomorrow, hmm... probably between 1-2am. That's okay, I am assuming? I want to make sure that's following all the rules.

message 43: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments Becca-Rawr wrote: "I will roll tomorrow, hmm... probably between 1-2am. That's okay, I am assuming? I want to make sure that's following all the rules."

yes, as long as it's 1am central time you're okay
I'll look at the roll before I leave for work in the morning but may not be able to give what I'm reading until sometime after work

message 44: by Becca-Rawr (new)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments Hey, gang! I think lots of us are asleep, but here is our first roll!

I rolled a 5, which means we're all reading the fifth book in a series, or for those of us on the alternate shelf, we're reading off of the "Maybe" shelf. Now off to the books!

Happy reading everyone, :)

message 45: by JoAnne (last edited Feb 09, 2014 07:41AM) (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments Well I'm awake and probably going with the alternate. I plan to read Wonder by R.J. Palacio by R.J. Palacio

It's on page 7 of the Maybe list.

Changed my mind - see post #51 below!

message 46: by NayNay (new)

NayNay I will be reading the alternate choice:

Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini by Josephine Angelini

message 47: by Becca-Rawr (last edited Feb 10, 2014 02:52PM) (new)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments I'm going with the alternate as well, :)

Space 5
Alternate: Maybe Shelf

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner by James Dashner
★★★★
One of my favorite dystopian books of all time. I couldn't put it down. Yeah, things bugged me about the writing and such, but still, I really loved this one. I was able to look past or even ignore some of the things that usually turn me off when it comes to books. But after reading so many rotten YA books lately, this was such a relief! I can't wait for the rest of the series! I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys dystopian YA novels.

message 48: by Vicky (last edited Feb 07, 2014 06:49PM) (new)

Vicky (librovert) Sorry I fell off the face of the Earth for a second there, the house behind us had a tree fall and knocked out our internet.

Thanks for taking care of all the captain-y stuff, Becca! I'll get next week. :)

Not sure what I'm going to read yet... I have a 5th in a series I could read, Mississippi Jack Being an Account of the Further Waterborne Adventures of Jacky Faber, Midshipman, Fine Lady, and Lily of the West (Bloody Jack, #5) by L.A. Meyer by L.A. Meyer, but I don't know if I want to give in and buy it before I get my Audible credit on the 18th. Ahhh, decisions.

I'm going to scroll through the "Maybe" list while I watch the Olympic Ceremony and make a decision!

message 49: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments Vicky wrote: "Sorry I fell off the face of the Earth for a second there, the house behind us had a tree fall and knocked out our internet.

Thanks for taking care of all the captain-y stuff, Becca! I'll get nex..."

Hopefully nothing else was damaged by the tree falling!
Decisions, decisions is right! Sometimes I'll change my mind before I start reading.
Happy Reading all! I hope to start my book Sunday - it looks like a fairly easy read.

message 50: by Becca-Rawr (new)

Becca-Rawr (the_bec) | 454 comments Vicky wrote: "Sorry I fell off the face of the Earth for a second there, the house behind us had a tree fall and knocked out our internet.

Thanks for taking care of all the captain-y stuff, Becca! I'll get nex..."

Not a problem, :) It wasn't as intimidating as I was afraid it would be. If you want I can take over the captain-y duties, unless you still want to catch next week, and so on. Up to you!

Wasn't the ceremony beautiful? I have a friend who lives in Sochi and I was e-mailing her every fifteen minutes.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8