The Coffee Pot discussion

How do ya like your coffee?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James (signal20) | 33 comments Mod
I would like to think I'm a coffee connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure I'm just a snob. I like mine black and hot. How bout you?

message 2: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 5 comments I grew up with real Colombian coffee.!!!!....... but now in my old age I drink little coffee,....... usually cafe late (decaf only)
If I drink more caffeine I would be jumping all over the place like a rabbit.!!!! Alicia

message 3: by Chary (last edited Feb 19, 2008 04:53PM) (new)

Chary | 3 comments I love anything coffee! My favorite is cuban style Cafe con Leche! I love expresso based drinks, i.e. expreso machiato, but I hate milked down, foamed out, chained out weirdness!!

But if it has to be chained, Dunkin Donuts blow Starbucks out of the pot!

message 4: by Rasa (new)

Rasa Mmmmm, coffee! Cafe con Leche is pretty good if made right but my all time favorite is cafe au lait preferably from Cafe du Monde in New Orleans.

message 5: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Therieau (writerbry) | 6 comments I love a real strong Italian, or French roast coffee with just a hint of cream and one raw sugar. Sometimes I enjoy a cuban cafe con leche. Even though I'm a New Englander I prefer Starbucks to Dunkin Donuts, as I think Dunkins tastes watered down. Due to my military background in air traffic control, I prefer my coffee to be so strong I need a fork and plate to eat it. Thank God for caffeine!

message 6: by Jacqueline115 (new)

Jacqueline115 If I make coffee at home, I use Dunkin Donuts or Green Mountain. I refuse to drink it black, & must have fat free coffee creamer in my fridge. In fact, I can be found with 5 or 6 different flavors. ;) I love my Starbucks' treat w/ the works ;)

message 7: by Hilda (new)

Hilda | 4 comments I like my cafe cubano very sweet, and my "American" coffee black with one sugar.

message 8: by Doug (new)

Doug | 1 comments What a great idea for a group! I like mine black when I drink coffee at home (which is constantly). I make a half caf. half decaf blend so I can drink more. When I go out, I usually put cream and sugar in it since it never tastes as good away from home. :)Doug

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (asteroidbuckle) | 6 comments I like my coffee nonexistent. (I don't like it; does that disqualify me from this group?) :o)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Kona coffee, with sugar, is my absolute favorite.

In the evening after a nice Italian dinner, I like it with a shot of kahlua and Frangelico.

message 11: by Sean (new)

Sean Little (seanpatricklittle) One cream, no sugar...preferrably stirred with the disembodied finger of a left-handed axe-juggler who had a lazy eye...

Hrmmmm...

Lately, though, I've been kind of addicted to the French Vanilla cappuchinos that you can get from the self-serve dispenser at most gas station/convenience stores right now. I hit that French Van with a few creamers of French Van and I'm golden...and I won't need sleep, either.

message 12: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Therieau (writerbry) | 6 comments Gee Sean, what about the disembodied finger of a right handed axe-juggler with a lazy eye? I find it just a touch sweeter, and a little less PC.

I've got to admit, the French Vanilla Capp is tasty.

message 13: by Kat (new)

Kat | 1 comments I love mine in a mug if I'm reading - black with half and half. If I am NOT reading, I like my coffee in a lovely cup with a saucer. I am trying to stay away from Splenda now, so perhaps stevia is my next experiment. I adore tea too! Oh, and by the way, as a left handed person, I am very particular that the design goes around the entire mug or cup - no one wants a blank mug surface! I also LOVE the smell of fresh ground coffee. Oh, it is just the best.

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 11, 2008 10:32AM) (new)

Two Sweet n' Lows and some sort of flavored creamer-- enough to make it light brown and really sweet (like a liquid candy bar!). Over the Christams holidays my store carried specially flavored creamers-- mocha peppermint, eggnog, gingerbread-- YUMMY!

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 09, 2009 09:44PM) (new)

I swipe coffee whenever I can. I don't think my parents would be pleased if they knew how much I drink.
Because I've just started recently, I like lots of sugar and cream. That way it's sweet, but I can still taste the bitter coffee.
I also LOVE cappuccinos. I would drink them almost daily before school (my grandpa thought I was getting hot chocolate at 7-11).
The first time I really tried coffee was on a summer school trip to DC and NYC. After Broadway, I got a cup of coffee (at midnight). My teacher looked at me like I was insane (which I am)

message 16: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Two sugars and a little milk, and on rough mornings I get a a red eye.

message 17: by George (new)

George King (kinggeorge) | 3 comments I don't touch the stuff--I drink tea every morning. Sometimes I have decaf tea in the evening.

message 18: by Matthew (new)

Matthew A good dark roast, whole bean freshly ground, black. No milk or sugar. Never understood the whole milk thing. If I wanted milk, I'd drink milk....

message 19: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Kat wrote: "I love mine in a mug if I'm reading - black with half and half. If I am NOT reading, I like my coffee in a lovely cup with a saucer. I am trying to stay away from Splenda now, so perhaps stevia is ..."

Just curious why you were staying away from Splenda. My friends who use it swear by it...

message 20: by Matthew (new)

Matthew I've noticed that Dunkin Donuts coffee was starting to go downhill, at least in my area. The best store bought coffee I've had so far has been at Burger King, to my surprise...

message 21: by Jen (new)

Jen Cothran (Jen_Cothran) | 4 comments I like my coffee sweet and creamy...usually a carmel, vanilla, or chocolate flavor note too it too.