Tom Hiddleston's Army discussion

Characters he's played > Freddie Page-The Deep Blue Sea

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Keeley (safire_blue) | 7 comments I enjoyed it, but I don't see it as romantic, I'm afraid. I saw it as a movie about a woman who's torn between herself and herself. Her husband is her friend, and Freddie (Hiddles) is her passion. I wish I could say more, but that would include spoilers, and it's really a film that needs to be seen without knowing what's coming next.

I will say that I'm surprised that there's any kind of disparagement of Freddie out there. One interviewer said he was "mean" to the main character. I don't see that. I see him as someone who doesn't get his lover, but is trying anyway. He's human. And that includes when he's finally had enough and gets angry. Hiddles does a FANTASTIC job of portraying that.

♡~♡Juliana♡~♡ | 39 comments I want to see this.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy Keeley (safire_blue) | 7 comments Yup. I agree. :)

message 4: by nidah05 (SleepDreamWrite) (last edited Mar 28, 2014 09:16PM) (new)

nidah05 (SleepDreamWrite) Amy wrote: "I enjoyed it, but I don't see it as romantic, I'm afraid. I saw it as a movie about a woman who's torn between herself and herself. Her husband is her friend, and Freddie (Hiddles) is her passion. ..."

Saw this with my sister when we were looking for something to rent.

And wow, did we feel bad for her character, thinking go for the white hair guy.

But you kind of hated Freddie. Then her, then felt sorry for her and him and back and forth.

The film was depressing. Still, all three of them did a very good job in it.

It's been a long while since I last saw the movie though.

Like what you said though. Flawed characters indeed.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy The movie was SO sad but I loved it; it was brilliantly acted. I totally ship Weisz and Tom, by the way; I love them together.
I kinda liked Freddie, and I felt sorry for him; it was bittersweet. And I felt so sorry for Hester.