What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Heroine sold by mom to older man, later marries heroe's brother

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mistress (new)

Mistress Kickass Bunny | 2 comments Heroine is sold by her mom as a preteen / teenager (?) to an older rich guy. She runs away and marries the heroes brother. The H is a some sort of big ape expert living in the rain forest. The old guy is obsessed with her.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Bunny--I moved this up to Unsolved since you seem to be looking for a specific book.

When did you read this? Is it contemporary or historical. When does the H show up? How does she get out of being married to his brother? Why is the old guy obsessed with her? What does he want with her when he buys her? (In other words--is he a pervert.) Do you remember anything about the cover?

message 3: by Mistress (new)

Mistress Kickass Bunny | 2 comments I haven't read the book as yet and i got the blurb from goodreads...so i can't answer most of the questions.
But, i know it's a contemporary. And yes, the old guy is a pervert who buys the h from her mom when h is around 9-13 yrs old. The old guy falls in love with the h (who is around 9 yrs old- creep!)when he sees her at a beach building sand castles. I think the old guy is some sort of producer/director with loads of money. I think he made the mother his mistress and then asked her to give him the daughter as well. H might / might not be a handicap. This is everything i know about the book.

And thank you for moving it to 'unsolved'. This book stuck in my head is one of the reasons i joined goodreads.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39360 comments Mod
Mistress, are you still looking for this?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39360 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Mistress, are you still looking for this?"

No response in 3+ years. Moving to Abandoned.