Miniature worlds. discussion

Diana Gabaldon
This topic is about Diana Gabaldon
Outlander series

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cherise (new)

Cherise | 7 comments Anybody else reading this series? I've been waiting at least 2 years for the next book, WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART'S BLOOD, and it STILL isn't out yet! June 10 according to Barnes & Noble today. I'm still debating whether I want to watch the new Starz series based on it. It's probably a bit beyond my tolerance level for visual entertainment, but I so love the story!

message 2: by Cherise (new)

Cherise | 7 comments It's about a WWII nurse who accidentally jumps back in time 200 years. She immediately runs into trouble and is rescued by a group of Scottish Highlander outlaws. If you like historical fiction, it's some of the best written I've ever read. A bit heavy on sex and violence, but the stories are outstanding. I've learned quite a bit of history, and put together the timeline of British activity just before and during the Revolution far better than I ever understood it before. There just isn't a better way to learn history! ;-)

message 3: by Cherise (new)

Cherise | 7 comments The first book is actually called, OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon. It's huge, and so are the rest of the 7? books in the series, so it'll keep you busy for a while.

message 4: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 4 comments I havent read that but i have heard about it and I think I have seen the advertisement for the show, it sounds good