Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
This topic is about Days of Blood & Starlight
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor → Start Date: March 11, 2014

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan (celtic_girl) | 411 comments Trisha, Vicki, and I will be reading Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor. Please join us :)

Synopsis:
Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a world free of bloodshed and war.

This is not that world.

Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought. She knows who she is—and what she is. But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo: She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it.

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Karou must decide how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, secrets and impossible choices, Days of Blood & Starlight finds Karou and Akiva on opposing sides as an age-old war stirs back to life.

While Karou and her allies build a monstrous army in a land of dust and starlight, Akiva wages a different sort of battle: a battle for redemption. For hope.

But can any hope be salvaged from the ashes of their broken dream?

message 2: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan (celtic_girl) | 411 comments I'm looking forward to discussing this with both of you ladies :)

message 3: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Wow! A synopsis? I feel like I'm in a college lit class...more like I wish I were! loL

Thanks for making the thread, Megan. I am REALLY looking forward to this one. First I have to read book 1 LOL

Amanda | 4409 comments I will join you guys, I just finished the first book a couple of days ago and can't wait to see what happens next.

message 5: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Awesome, Amanda!! I still have to read book 1 first. Lol

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments OMG so excited!!

Amanda | 4409 comments I won a copy of this a few weeks ago and I can't wait to start this. I am hoping to finish up another book first and then I will start this later tonight.

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments EEE!! I'm been dying to read this one! but sadly, I'm still playing catch up! I'll start it tomorrow!!

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Amanda wrote: "I won a copy of this a few weeks ago and I can't wait to start this. I am hoping to finish up another book first and then I will start this later tonight."

OMG Congrats on winning it! that's great!!

Amanda | 4409 comments Trisha wrote: "EEE!! I'm been dying to read this one! but sadly, I'm still playing catch up! I'll start it tomorrow!!"

No worries. I did not have time to start this last night like planned. I hope to start this tonight after I get home from work.

Amanda | 4409 comments Trisha wrote: "OMG Congrats on winning ..."

Amanda | 4409 comments Started this late last night, I'm only 5 chapters in so far. I am liking it so far. Not too much has happened yet I will post back when I am 10 chapters in.

Amanda | 4409 comments 20 chapters in.

Karou (view spoiler)

I'm liking this one so far.

message 14: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments sorry for my silence
I'd actually started this one twice before (once audio, once physical book) so I'm already about 100 pages in but I'm going to refresh.
I'm finishing 2 books and then I'll get farther in this one tomorrow!

Yay! I loved the beginning too! I'm glad you're liking it so far Amanda!

Amanda | 4409 comments That's okay Trisha. I have another book that I need to start today and another book tomorrow so I am get loaded on books right now too.

I will post more tonight after I get home from work.

Amanda | 4409 comments read through chapter 45 last night.

Zuzana (view spoiler)

Akiva (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4409 comments 56 chapters in.

Akiva (view spoiler)

Karou (view spoiler)

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Amanda wrote: "20 chapters in.

Karou [spoilers removed]

I'm liking this one so far."

Ugh, I totally agree :( I can't believe she can be around him!!!

Amanda | 4409 comments 70 chapters in.

Karou (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4409 comments I have not had a chance to read any of this today. Hoping to read a few chapters tonight and work on it more tomorrow.

Amanda | 4409 comments Finished.

Okay this book took me a long time to get through. I felt like this book just dragged on. It did not start to pick up for me until I was more than halfway through.

Akiva (view spoiler)

Thiago (view spoiler)

Overall, for me this was not as good as the first book. Too much buildup for the final book in the series. I hope that you are having an easier time getting through this.

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Ut oh.... breaking for lunch and then I'm back to this one

fingers crossed I can get through! So sorry this one is just an info dump filler, that's not fun to read...ugh :(

message 23: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yikes, I agree. this thing is boring....ugh
I think I'm 1/2 way, 45 chapters.

I've got to stop for today.....I'm almost nodding off.....

It's interesting but there is just waaay to much of nothing going on.

Karou (view spoiler)

Akiva (view spoiler)

Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦ (spicedlattereads) | 22 comments I just saw this discussion! Am I late? *signs heavily* Am I too late!!!! I'm freaking out about this book

message 25: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Mar 18, 2014 08:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments No, just jump right in Bebe!! Discuss away :)

Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦ (spicedlattereads) | 22 comments So I just finished it... I'm so sad that (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4409 comments I know I had to do the same thing Trisha. I could only read around 50-60 pages a day because I felt like I was nodding off too.

Bebe, I agree (view spoiler)

Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦ (spicedlattereads) | 22 comments OMG I know! I like how they set up (view spoiler)

I'm so freaking excited for the next book!

Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦ (spicedlattereads) | 22 comments My review is up for anyone who wants to check it out. I promise no spoilers :)

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Mar 19, 2014 09:13PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments thru chapter 51

OMG! Thiago (view spoiler)

message 31: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments okay, I stopped around 300 pages

thru 54 chapters

it's FINALLY Getting good!!! Yay!!!

Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦ (spicedlattereads) | 22 comments OMG I agree with you, that made me so mad! I actually thought he was gonna be yummy all throughout the book but he's just an ass

Amanda | 4409 comments Thiago (view spoiler)

Yay, glad it's getting good Trisha. It took me a while to get into the book too.

message 34: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments okay, I'm finally done.

wow, this one was just pure torture to get through. absolute torture

Thiago (view spoiler)

Akiva and Karou (view spoiler)

message 35: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments man, I'm glad I'm done. I'm not sure I could have taken another day with this book......it's sad to say
I loved it - because I Love the characters

but this one was just filled with so much...sadness and hopelessness that it was so hard to read. bleh.

Amanda | 4409 comments I agree, it was torture for me to get through this one as well. It was a lot darker than the first book and a lot of sadness. It's sad because I love the characters too. I hope the third book is easier to get through.