The Lost Challenges discussion

Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
This topic is about Hard Evidence
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives - BOM/Group Reads > Hard Evidence - February Series Read

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) After the murder of a teenage girl, a mysterious man in a black leather jacket was seen lurking near the crime scene. Investigative reporter Tessa Novak has him in her sights as the culprit.

That man was Julian Darcangelo, an undercover FBI agent working with the Denver police. He’s closing in on the trail of a human trafficker and killer. Tessa’s accusations could blow his cover, and he wants her off the investigation.

But just as Tessa has made Julian a target of interest, she is now a target of the killer. And as they are forced to trust each other, their physical attraction escalates as intensely as the threat from a ruthless murderer who wants to see both of them dead

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments I'm in the hizzy baby!

jingles | 636 comments I loved this book! I will probably join in on the discussion once you all start if that's okay. If I can fit it in, I'll do a re-read.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments jingles wrote: "I loved this book! I will probably join in on the discussion once you all start if that's okay. If I can fit it in, I'll do a re-read."

I will do this one next weekend (2/16-ish)

Penni | 1287 comments Mod
I'm waiting for the book from the library and will start when I get it - probably not for a week or two by the looks of it.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "I'm waiting for the book from the library and will start when I get it - probably not for a week or two by the looks of it."

Well, I will hold off until your book comes in. just let me know when the libary book gets to your hands:D

Will do.....

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "Will do....."

I forgot I was waiting for you. Is your library book in?

Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Penni wrote: "Will do....."

I forgot I was waiting for you. Is your library book in?"

Funny you should ask - it just came available today (along with two others - why is that always the case). I'm downloading it as we speak! I probably won't get a lot of it read til this weekend. I have limited non-audio reading time during the week.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Penni wrote: "Will do....."

Funny you should ask - it just came available today (along with two ..."

oh good! I am only 14 mins into the audiobook before I realized I need to see where you were. I can read my challenge book and go slow on audio until the weekend

Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Penni wrote: "Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Penni wrote: "Will do....."

Funny you should ask - it just came available today (a..."

How are the audiobooks for it? I wish my library had it in audio. I get so many more audios done.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Penni wrote: "Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Penni wrote: "Will do....."

Funny you sho..."

It's a guy narrating. So far the story is interesting, but I am only on chapter 3.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments I'm enjoying the narration now. I'm on Ch. 3 and I like how both have a background that made them fighters.
Tessa's mom was sad for a mom. Tessa really had to fight to be successful. Wow.
It's nice to see the couple from book 1 still active in the new story.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments OMG re her 1st boyfriend
(view spoiler)

Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "OMG re her 1st boyfriend
What a jerk! all that just to sleep with a blond? He must have been a good actor and she must have been pretty ripe for the plucking.
Such damaged to her self esteem"

I know right. He was a loser.

I'm through Chapter 3 now. It looks like its going to be pretty good. I did like seeing Kara and Reece from the first book. Hope to see more of them also.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments I like Julian and Tessa's chemistry more. I like this plot more. The mob, drug cartel, gangs, teenage delinquency-neglect angle---it makes for a gritty street angle.
The sexual tension is just so palpable, I am loving it right now.

Her mom:
(view spoiler)

I am enjoying the fact that the setting is in a place I used to live, and I recognize so many of the places (streets, etc.).

I have some issues with the whole newspaper vs police thing. I know its important for the news to be reported and the public to know what goes on, but that balance between safety of those involved and the ability of the police to do their job, and the public need to know (at least the timing of the need to know) is pushed a little much from the newspaper side of things I think.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments I see what you are saying but reporters often skirt those lines. And they are trying to break the latest story/Scoop even if it risks lives.
I want to know more about the man:D

I'm still not too far in - about 25% I think. I was reading the part in the stairwell, thinking, geez this seems like something from a book I've already read. Then I got to the end of that passage, and I'm thinking that is EXACTLY like another book I've read. Then I realized I must have read an excerpt from the first book lol. It's been about 8 months since I've read the first one and so it's a little fuzzy.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "I'm still not too far in - about 25% I think. I was reading the part in the stairwell, thinking, geez this seems like something from a book I've already read. Then I got to the end of that passag..."

Oh. LOL. I listened to book 1 like 6 months ago. But I am enjoying this book as it is moving along nicely

I am reading this one on kindle - don't have the audio. I just got to the part in your spoiler above.

Hate to put it down at this point.

All right, as to my previous point she (view spoiler). OK. Rant off :-)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "All right, as to my previous point she [spoilers removed]. OK. Rant off :-)"

Hey!!!
I am exactly at the same spot. Her nosy ass and it wasn't even Burian (I am listening so I don't know how to spell Alexi's name).

She needs a good spanking. ;-)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "She needs a good spanking. ;-)"

Believe me Julian sounds like he'd give a good spanking. I like this one better than book 1, don't you agree?
But I also like that Tessa and family are still here.

Please hold me back from slapping their editor because he is an ass. He reminds me of Lois & Clark's editor, whose name escapes me right now

yes I like this one more than the first. I had bought the first one without knowing anything about it for .25 from the library used book sale. It sat around for awhile and one day I just started reading it. I didn't know it was part of a well liked series and although I enjoyed it I didn't pursue the others. There was one scene that I thought was weird and sticks out above anything else. (view spoiler)

Yes I think Julian would give a good spanking :-)

The editor of the paper is a jerk. I think his affair with Kara's mom is hysterical and I could just imagine Kara cringing at the thought every time.

After taking my daughter to a dr. appt where we sat for almost 2 hours, I am about 70% done now. I think things are going to really heat up from here on out.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Well you have passed me. i haven't read since they had "quality time" in the bat cave:D

But are we on next month for Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3) by Pamela Clare ?

Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Well you have passed me. i haven't read since they had "quality time" in the bat cave:D

But are we on next month for Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3) by Pamela Clare?"

I'm just a little past the quality time section :-)

Definitely on for the next one.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Well you have passed me. i haven't read since they had "quality time" in the bat cave:D

But are we on next month for Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3) by Pamela Clare?"..."

YES! YES! YES!

photo dancing_zpsc9177330.gif

LOL

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Interesting book. I enjoyed it a lot

message 32: by Penni (last edited Feb 25, 2014 11:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Interesting book. I enjoyed it a lot"

So, did it turn out like you expected? Did you figure out who was the leak before the end? I have my suspicians.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Interesting book. I enjoyed it a lot"

So, did it turn out like you expected? Did you figure out who was the leak before the end? I have my suspicians."

I freaking hate this site for always eating my posts

Yes, I had a feeling about the leak. (view spoiler)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Glad she made up with her momma. 10 years is a long time to pretend to be someone else and hate yourself.

Those I-team female reporters sure are thirsty--the way they were ogling men painting a home. Married men at that. Wow. They need to get laid fast:D

Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Penni wrote: "Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Interesting book. I enjoyed it a lot"

So, did it turn out like you expected? Did you figure out who was the leak before the end? I have my ..."

So, yes I was right on the leak. (view spoiler)

And yes those reporters sure need a past time outside of their work LOL.

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Well, I finished it late last night and didn't think to check the thread the entire time I read this! Looks like I missed a great discussion!

I enjoyed the book quite a bit, though I think I enjoyed the first book in the series a bit more than this one. I also took the opportunity to read the novella Heaven Can't Wait, so I understood more of the interactions on Lissy's side of things, though I didn't enjoy that story quite as much.

The human trafficking angle was what kept me interested in the story throughout the book. What I enjoy about this series is the difficult stories that it tackles. I also like the seeming realism of the reporter's side of life. This is definitely an author that has made it onto my favorites list!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Hi Trea,
I liked book 2 a lot. I hope you will join us for book 3.

i didn't read the novella, so i will go and get it.

I haven't read the novella either. I will be starting #3 soon.

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Ezinwanyi~still loves Spartacus wrote: "Hi Trea,
I liked book 2 a lot. I hope you will join us for book 3.

i didn't read the novella, so i will go and get it."

The novella wasn't bad, but I didn't remember the characters from book 1, so it lost some of its luster for me. Plus, some other things that happened in the plot annoyed me, so it downgraded my rating some. I'm hoping other folks like it though!

I do plan on reading book 3 this month, but want to take a short break and read a book for another challenge before diving into it. I am looking forward to it though!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "I haven't read the novella either. I will be starting #3 soon."

how soon? next week, two weeks?

It just came in from the library today and I have it downloaded. So I can start anytime now. When do you want to?

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "It just came in from the library today and I have it downloaded. So I can start anytime now. When do you want to?"

Well, I was thinking next weekend, but I will go and buy the audio in a few mins:D

This weekend. Next weekend. Whatever works for you :-)

I've got lots to read so can do whichever.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "This weekend. Next weekend. Whatever works for you :-)

I've got lots to read so can do whichever."

next weekend please! Thank you

Perfect!

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 1882 comments Penni wrote: "Perfect!"

I posted a message on the Unlawful contact thread:D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.