The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Archives > March-April Nominations

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riya (last edited Mar 16, 2014 06:03PM) (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Nominate series for our next 2 month reading :)
*And remember they must be dystopian, and we can't have read them before.
*Also series must be completely released or the last book must be coming out during these months

Series We've Already Read
-Delirium series
-The Maze Runner series
-Gone series
-Legend series

Current Nominations
-Eve series
-Matched series
-Unwind series
-BZRK series
-Uglies series
-Wither series
-Numbers series
-Slated series

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Quadrel | 4 comments How about I Am Number Four (The Lorien Legacies) by Pittacus Lore.

message 3: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Would that be considered dystopian though?

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Quadrel | 4 comments It was listed under dystopian. ill think of another series though.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Quadrel | 4 comments I'll change to the Eve series by Anna Carey.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I've not been a member long. Which series have been read by the group before?

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Quadrel | 4 comments Rose wrote: "I've not been a member long. Which series have been read by the group before?"

Good question. Possibly under Bookshelf and Read?

message 8: by Linh (new)

Linh (winterlivesinourbones) | 3 comments Matched trilogy by Ally Condie.

message 9: by Alyssa (last edited Feb 03, 2014 05:09AM) (new)

Alyssa (rabidfae) Unwind by Neal Shusterman or Red Rising by Pierce Brown

message 10: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments Second that nomination (Unwind). I just read the third one, UnSouled. The characters in the series are well developed, though the plot for the 2nd and 3rd books are slower in pace.
Red Rising is on my to read list, heard good things about it.

message 11: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments I'm reading The Rule of Three by Eric Walters, which just came out 2 weeks ago. The first 50 pages are promising.

message 12: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments I'll add all of these to a list at the top, along with a list of the series we've already read :)

message 13: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments *I apologize for not initially saying this, although I've now added it to the rules, the series should be completely out so that way the group can read the entire thing together during these months.

message 14: by Natalie (last edited Feb 22, 2014 10:10PM) (new)

Natalie (steadyannie) | 1 comments The Divergent series by Veronica Roth. I really liked the first two, but have neglected to read the third one. And, of course, there's The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins.

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee | 12 comments I'm planning on reading Breathe series soon. There are only 2 books total though, so I'm not sure if their is preference for it being a longer series.

ps I'm in the same Divergent boat Natalie.

message 16: by Alison (new)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments hmm, I'm down with whatever, I loved the matched series and I never finished the second book in the eve series and I wasn't digging the second book in the unwind series so I stopped reading it. but I would give it a second try. I'm excited to start reading with y'all again :)

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) | 364 comments I've never read the Uglies series so I'd love to do that. Or the last book in the Slated trilogy comes out in March slow that would be cool.

message 18: by Dee (new)

Dee | 12 comments Was anything decided?

message 19: by Skylar (new)

Skylar Newbury (paul_tomy_linda) I think we should read unwind it sounds good

message 20: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments Unwind was brilliant.

message 21: by Alison (new)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments I wouldn't mind rereading it and trying the second again

message 22: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments Just to add another nomination, I'll say the BZRK series. :)

message 23: by Millie (new)

Millie (mwalker36) | 5 comments Numbers (Numbers, #1) by Rachel Ward The Chaos (Numbers, #2) by Rachel Ward Infinity (Numbers, #3) by Rachel Ward Numbers Trilogy by Rachel Ward

Slated (Slated, #1) by Teri Terry Fractured (Slated, #2) by Teri Terry Shattered (Slated, #3) by Teri Terry Slated Trilogy by Teri Terry

Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2) by Lauren DeStefano Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3) by Lauren DeStefano The Chemical Garden Series by Lauren DeStefano

Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld Specials (Uglies, #3) by Scott Westerfeld Extras (Uglies, #4) by Scott Westerfeld Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld

The Morganville Vampires, Volume 1 (The Morganville Vampires, #1-2) by Rachel Caine Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine

message 24: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Wow thanks guys!

message 25: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Nominations are closed!

message 26: by Alison (new)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments sorry it'd been awhile but when will we know what the verdict is

message 27: by Riya (new)

Riya | 1876 comments The poll ends March 21st!

message 28: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 17 comments Where do we find the poll?

message 30: by Matt (new)

Matt | 2 comments This is probably to late but I Am Number Four is considered a dystopian by some because the Mogadorians are taking over planets and the children realize that they can't let that happen.