The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Champion (Legend, #3)
This topic is about Champion
Past Group Reads > February: Champion - General Discussion (spoiler free)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Riya | 1876 comments Our January group read is Champion by Marie Lu!

Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu

This thread is for general discussion. Please be sure to mark all spoilers by using [spoiler] before the text and [/spoiler] after the text, replacing the []s with <>s.

Enjoy!

message 2: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments LOVED. THIS. BOOK. Marie Lu ended a trilogy the way they're meant to be ended: with a bang :)

message 3: by Alyssa (last edited Feb 03, 2014 04:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alyssa (rabidfae) This series is one of my all time favourites! Marie Lu is such an amazing author. She definitely did an amazing job in creating an epic conclusion for this trilogy. It was honestly so much better than Mockingjay and Allegiant, if you ask me. Champion totally ripped my heart out!

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments Alyssa wrote: "This series is one of my all time favourites! Marie Lu is such an amazing author. She definitely did an amazing job in creating an epic conclusion for this trilogy. It was honestly so much better t..."

The book was great right up until the ending. It was very open-ended and I didn't find it very satisfying. I find that I'm mostly alone in this opinion, but the ending wasn't resolved enough for me to feel satisfied. I do feel, however, that the last 50 pages were beautifully written. The series as a whole was very well done.

message 5: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments @Alyssa- I agree completely that it crushed Allegiant and Mockingjay in terms of a third book :)

@Daniel- Don't read Requiem (the third book in the Delirium series) if you don't like open-ended endings LOL, that one will make you crazy!

message 6: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee | 12 comments I'm with you Daniel. I didn't like the ending ending. I had issues with it and a few things I found unrealistic. All i can say w/o spoilers. Also totally agree about Requiem very open ended to the series. However with that one I felt like I could make my own ending!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Just started reading it... looking forward to discussion!

Riya | 1876 comments Yay Erin!!!

message 9: by Marie34801 (last edited Feb 11, 2014 06:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marie34801 This book was AMAZING! I just hope we can have some news of the character's future ( you know what I mean if you've read the book) but I don't think it will happen as this trilogy is finished and the author surely wants to move on. However I'm satisfied with the ending enven if it's VERY open (view spoiler)

message 10: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee | 12 comments um, can you put "allegiant" spoiler there? I was expecting a Champion spoiler.

message 11: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee | 12 comments I've been really good at staying away from Allegiant spoilers too!

Marie34801 Dee wrote: "I've been really good at staying away from Allegiant spoilers too!"

Sorry! I just edited it

Skylar Newbury (paul_tomy_linda) I loved it it was by far the best book in the serie

message 14: by Riya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya | 1876 comments Gale wrote: "I loved it it was by far the best book in the serie"

Totally agree!

Gabs I am actually reading this right now. I love it; Prodigy was okay but not as good as Legend, but i like this one a lot. I'm just over a third of the way through it. :)

message 16: by Riya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya | 1876 comments You'll love it Gabs! One of my friends just finished and he literally spent ages just like freaking out that it was over and whatnot :)

Kaylin Behrens | 49 comments I loved the series and the third book in general. I was happy that (view spoiler), I just wish the ended wasnt so open...

Betty Cross (bettycross) | 70 comments I liked Champion too, not just for itself, but as a satisfying and deeply moving conclusion to the trilogy.

message 19: by Riya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya | 1876 comments Kaylin wrote: "I loved the series and the third book in general. I was happy that [spoilers removed], I just wish the ended wasnt so open..."

I totally agree with that!!!

message 20: by v.v (new) - rated it 5 stars

v.v | 442 comments Kaylin wrote: "I loved the series and the third book in general. I was happy that [spoilers removed], I just wish the ended wasnt so open..."

I liked that the book was left so open because you let your imagination decide and this ways it feels more resolved than if she had given us a definite ending. For me at least :)

Betty Cross (bettycross) | 70 comments By ending the trilogy as she did, she left open the possibility of more stories about June and Day. However, there is a sense of closure, and unlike Mockingjay there is a real sense that the sufferings and sacrifices were worth it.

message 22: by Riya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya | 1876 comments Betty wrote: "By ending the trilogy as she did, she left open the possibility of more stories about June and Day. However, there is a sense of closure, and unlike Mockingjay there is a real sense that the suffer..."

Exactly!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Requiem (other topics)
Champion (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marie Lu (other topics)