The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Champion (Legend, #3)
This topic is about Champion
Past Group Reads > February: Champion- Spoiler Thread

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Riya | 1876 comments January: Champion - Spoiler Thread

This thread is for discussing the book and all the scenes. You don't need to mark your spoilers in this thread unless you're mentioning later books in the series. In which case use [spoiler] before the text and [/spoiler] after the text, replacing the []s with <>s.

Thank you! :)

Skylar Newbury (paul_tomy_linda) I read it about 2 months ago I don't really get the end so she ended up with day I think but I'm not really sure but I think it was by far the BEST book in the series

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments Hi Gale.
It's implied that they will start a new relationship as friends, but we don't know where it will go. I didn't like that. I liked the rest of the book, though. :)

Marcus | 28 comments Gale wrote: "I read it about 2 months ago I don't really get the end so she ended up with day I think but I'm not really sure but I think it was by far the BEST book in the series"

ok, actually the ending of champion is my faviorate part of the last book in the trilogy.

Several times in both Legend and in Prodigy (But mostly in Prodigy), Day and June would say to themselves, that they wish that they both could of met under different circumstances. Where they were both two strangers walking the street and that their eyes would catch eachother, and that they would strike up a conversation with eachother like they had never ever really known each other. They both had a dream/fantasy that they wish the horrors that happend to Day's family and June's brother were not the things that brought them together. but they both wished it was something much more simplistic and normal. Like a random conversation in a grocery store, where two strangers just start talking to eachother and gain eachothers interest.

This is why the ending of champion is one of my fav. it parts.

Skylar Newbury (paul_tomy_linda) True true

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments Fair point Marcus, but however symbollically fitting it may have been, it didn't seem resolved to me. There were many ways the relationship could have gone after that, and I felt as if I was left hanging.

Riya | 1876 comments Marcus wrote: "Gale wrote: "I read it about 2 months ago I don't really get the end so she ended up with day I think but I'm not really sure but I think it was by far the BEST book in the series"

ok, actually th..."

Exactly why I loved it. I definitely wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Marcus | 28 comments I remember thinking to myself while reading the endong of champion that this was an absolutely fantastic ending to the series due to the Suttle hints and forshadowing that was laid in the previous two books. but for those that had not the entirw series straight through like I did, maynot be able to pick up on that suttle romantic ending.

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 203 comments I read the whole series together.
I knew what the author's intention was, and I appreciated it, but she could have gone further and detailed how their new relationship panned out. The ending as it was was unresolved.

Kelli (dolphinie13) | 24 comments ACtually Daniel, I quite enjoyed that she didn't write about their new relationship. I think it's rather mature to let the reader imply what they will of their future relationship based on how the characters have grown. I think it would be too flat to try to go any further.

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 196 comments The problem with the ending for me is that they didn't meet as two strangers. Day met a stranger. June met Day, got to keep all the good memories and was absolved of all the guilt she felt without having to own up to any of it.
Not that I hated that ending or anything. Just my two cents.

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 196 comments I do agree with Kelli, though. I prefer this ending to a more set in stone one.

message 13: by Riya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya | 1876 comments Definitely- I think the unknown aspect of it was what made it so special.

message 14: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate | 5 comments This book was amazing. read a couple months ago, so I can't remember specific details. each book had a new catch and the love story was bold! in love with this series

message 15: by v.v (new) - rated it 5 stars

v.v | 442 comments This book was amazing! The ending was perfect and I agree with you Riya about the unknown aspect of the ending.

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 525 comments yes it was perfect

message 17: by Riya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya | 1876 comments v.v wrote: "This book was amazing! The ending was perfect and I agree with you Riya about the unknown aspect of the ending."

Yay!!!

message 18: by Riya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya | 1876 comments Priscila wrote: "I thought it was well thought out and an interesting way to make the two characters cope with their differences. I think that letting the characters grow and then come together was actually a reall..."

I definitely get what you mean. It was definitely more realistic than other dystopian books. They didn't get a perfect ending and take over the world together or anything like that. I think that's also another amazing part of the books though is just the fact that they have so many difference and so many similarities that flow together.

message 19: by v.v (new) - rated it 5 stars

v.v | 442 comments Priscila wrote: "I thought it was well thought out and an interesting way to make the two characters cope with their differences. I think that letting the characters grow and then come together was actually a reall..."

That was a really smart thing that Marie lu did. It helped to solve all problems and was just fitting. Also, it never happens like that and showed how they matured but they still remembered what they once had.

message 20: by v.v (new) - rated it 5 stars

v.v | 442 comments Riya wrote: "Priscila wrote: "I thought it was well thought out and an interesting way to make the two characters cope with their differences. I think that letting the characters grow and then come together was..."

I totally agree!