Lynda Chance
This topic is about Lynda Chance
All about our books > ALPHA MALE BUT VULNERABLE WITH THE HEROINE

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Malaya (new)

Malaya | 30 comments Pls recommend something like this:
a. Alpha Male but..
b. Vulnerable when it comes to the heroine thats why he's..
c. Possessive and
d. Controlling but still the heroine loves him coz he's
e. Sexy
d. Affectionate and
e. insatiable.
THANK YOU! ♥

message 2: by Ruth (last edited Feb 02, 2014 07:06PM) (new)

Ruth | 165 comments Malaya...I see that you haven't read any Kristen Ashley books... No one writes bad ass alpha like her...

She has a few stand Alones but mostly series....

Dream MAN series in order. :

Mystery Man
Wild Man
Law Man
Motorcycle Man

There is also the COLORADO mountain series..

The 'BURG series.

And the ROCK chick series.

A good stand alone is Play It Safe

There is also a. Kristen Ashley support group on goodreads...you can get a lot of info about her books in that group..

message 3: by Michelle (last edited Feb 02, 2014 07:40PM) (new)

Michelle (charlie___tango) | 23 comments A Reason to Breathe - this was very much like a Kristen Ashley read, but a stand alone that gives you a nice epilogue.

But if you want an Alpha Male that knows how to do sweet, when it comes to the woman in his life... you can't go wrong with Kristen Ashley's books.

Aurora Rose Reynolds has a few out too, with alphas that are a bit of man-whores until they find the one, then they go caveman on them... complete trampling.

Until November Until Trevor

message 4: by Malaya (new)

Malaya | 30 comments Ruth wrote: "Malaya...I see that you haven't read any Kristen Ashley books... No one writes bad ass alpha like her...

[book:Myste..."

Thank you for these recommendations. I have read Kristen Ashley's At peace. mmmmmm. It was just Okay for me..

message 5: by Malaya (new)

Malaya | 30 comments Ruth wrote: "Malaya...I see that you haven't read any Kristen Ashley books... No one writes bad ass alpha like her...

[book:Myste..."

Thank you for these recommendations. I have read Kristen Ashley's At peace. mmmmmm. It was just Okay for me..

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 10 comments Here are a bunch that I loved: A Wicked Hunger (Creatures of Darkness, #1) by Kiersten Fay Marco's Redemption by Lynda Chance Josh and Hannah (Redwood Falls, #1) by Lynda Chance Under the Cowboy's Control (Contemporary Western Romance, Texas) by Lynda Chance Dmitry's Closet (The Medlov Crime Family, #1) by Latrivia S. Nelson Contract Of Shame (Unlikely Love #2) by Sam Crescent The Billionaire and the Cleaner by Sam Crescent Red Collar by Clarissa Cartharn Eternal Breath of Darkness (Breath of Darkness, #1) by Candice Stauffer

message 7: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 165 comments Malaya wrote: "Ruth wrote: "Malaya...I see that you haven't read any Kristen Ashley books... No one writes bad ass alpha like her...

Dream MAN series in order. :..."

Sorry to hear that...I just re-read AT PEACE..it's one of my faves!

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan | 9 comments KA books are not serials just a series. Each has its own HEA

message 9: by R (new)

R (bookcraver) | 24 comments I agree I love the mystery man books
Also now a fan of the reapers mc by j
Wylde
But if you want different paranormal, alphas with kick ass heroines......
KRESLEY COLE. Immortals after dark
Fills all needs
And magnus pack/pride series by shelly
Laurenston. This is also a great series

message 10: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 7 comments If you have not read This Man series you really need to. This series is EXACTLY what you describe you want in a book. You must read them in order and all three are out. There is no better possessive/male/sweet out there than Jesse Ward! This ManBeneath This ManThis Man Confessed

message 11: by Malaya (new)

Malaya | 30 comments Stacy wrote: "If you have not read This Man series you really need to. This series is EXACTLY what you describe you want in a book. You must read them in order and all three are out. There is no better posses..."

Thank you. I read this series already and loved it.♥

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Malaya wrote: "Pls recommend something like this:
a. Alpha Male but..
c. Possessive and
e. Sexy
..."

so so true Kristen Ashley is the Holy Grail of Alpha's

message 13: by Malaya (new)

Malaya | 30 comments Sorry to hear that...I just re-read AT PEACE..it's one of my faves!

Yes, I hear, I mean read a lot good and positive reviews about Kristen Ashley but I think we really have different preferences though Ashley's books are no doubt have Alpha male heroes 'coz you see, a lot also are not very fan of Lynda Chance and I obsessively love all her books..
Thank you nevertheless ☺

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

You all should try the series by K. Bromberg Driven Fueled, Crashed coming soon

message 15: by Malaya (new)

Malaya | 30 comments R wrote: "I agree I love the mystery man books
Wylde
Fill..."

R wrote: "I agree I love the mystery man books
Wylde
Fill..."

I read some of J Wylde's books. yes theres Alpha male
hero there. I do love the Reapers actually. ☺♥♥

message 16: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia F. (goodreadscomsnflwr5501) | 34 comments I have just the series for you. Lexi Blakes "the masters and mercenaries" series. Begins with The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1) by Lexi Blake

message 17: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephersk) | -1 comments I know it's already been mentioned but I needed to throw in my two cents...Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole is great!!! Alpha males who are controlling, possessive, sexy, hot as hell, affectionate and they all adore their SI. Highly recommend the series!

message 18: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 1 comments Have you tried the Up in the Air series? Mr Cavendish is one hot alpha. Highly recommended.

message 19: by Malaya (new)

Malaya | 30 comments Stephanie wrote: "I know it's already been mentioned but I needed to throw in my two cents...Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole is great!!! Alpha males who are controlling, possessive, sexy, hot as hell, affectio..."

thank you! I never yet read Kresley Cole's books. But this might be the first time. ♥

message 20: by Malaya (new)

Malaya | 30 comments Kristin wrote: "Have you tried the Up in the Air series? Mr Cavendish is one hot alpha. Highly recommended."

Kristin wrote: "Have you tried the Up in the Air series? Mr Cavendish is one hot alpha. Highly recommended."

This series was recommended to me for awhile now but I just can't find the time to start this 'coz for some reason I got sidetracked or delayed but I will surely read it sooner than later.. Thank You ♥

message 21: by Malaya (new)

Malaya | 30 comments Kristin wrote: "Have you tried the Up in the Air series? Mr Cavendish is one hot alpha. Highly recommended."

Kristin wrote: "Have you tried the Up in the Air series? Mr Cavendish is one hot alpha. Highly recommended."

This series was recommended to me for awhile now but I just can't find the time to start this 'coz for some reason I got sidetracked or delayed but I will surely read it sooner than later.. Thank You ♥

message 22: by Leonor (new)

Leonor This Man series fits your request perfectly. KA also as great Alphas

message 23: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephersk) | -1 comments Malaya wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I know it's already been mentioned but I needed to throw in my two cents...Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole is great!!! Alpha males who are controlling, possessive, sexy, hot..."

Sorry...haven't been on here in a few days...you're welcome. You will enjoy Kresley Cole's books.
I forgot to mention J.R. Ward the other day...she is amazing!! I think I like her alpha males even more than Kresley Cole's!!!

message 24: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia F. (goodreadscomsnflwr5501) | 34 comments I am reading Covet (Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward the first book in her "fallen angels" series and liking it. Otherwise j.r. ward Black Dagger Brotherhood series awesome

message 25: by Lee (new)

Lee Ching | 12 comments wow it's kind of d for me that at peace is just okay for you Malaya... lol.. I love love Joe.. try K.A I love her... if you like paranormal she has the Three series unfortunately the last doesn't have a release date yet ..but hot alpha vamp and a hot wolf shifter king.... Burden by Lila Felix has sensible alpha towards the heroine.. Mine series by Cynthia Eden .. ugh and The Mackenzie family by Lilliana Hart .. Sweet series by Maya banks .. take it off series by Cambria Hebert hmm this series don't show crazy alpha skills but the hero is amazing and super protective of the heroine...

message 26: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrisreads31) | 9 comments Lee wrote: "wow it's kind of d for me that at peace is just okay for you Malaya... lol.. I love love Joe.. try K.A I love her... if you like paranormal she has the Three series unfortunately the last doesn't h..."

Wow.....lots of authors and series I haven't heard about. Checking them out now. Thanks!!

message 27: by Malaya (new)

Malaya | 30 comments Lee wrote: "wow it's kind of d for me that at peace is just okay for you Malaya... lol.. I love love Joe.. try K.A I love her... if you like paranormal she has the Three series unfortunately the last doesn't h..."

Lee wrote: "wow it's kind of d for me that at peace is just okay for you Malaya... lol.. I love love Joe.. try K.A I love her... if you like paranormal she has the Three series unfortunately the last doesn't h..."

yeah. its just okay for me. and its good for you that you immensely like it. But just like food, we have different taste. and opinion.
Wow you have a lot of recommendations though! I will check them out!

message 28: by Malinda (new)

Malinda (malindad) | 844 comments Malaya wrote: "Ruth wrote: "Malaya...I see that you haven't read any Kristen Ashley books... No one writes bad ass alpha like her...

Dream MAN series in order. :..."

Malaya wrote: "Lee wrote: "wow it's kind of d for me that at peace is just okay for you Malaya... lol.. I love love Joe.. try K.A I love her... if you like paranormal she has the Three series unfortunately the la..."

Don't feel bad, I love KA but I also wasn't as thrilled with At Peace as some are. That's one nice things about KA's books...there's a lot of variety in the alpha males so there's ones to fit most likes. I didn't like Joe very much but there are many KA heroes that I love and are on my book boyfriend list. :D

message 29: by Malinda (new)

Malinda (malindad) | 844 comments I agree with a lot of what has already been posted.

I like Shay Savage's heroes...they also are alpha but sweet to their woman Transcendence by Shay Savage Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1) by Shay Savage

Suzanne Wright's books tend to have heroes like that From Rags by Suzanne Wright Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright

Also Kelly Lucile's heroes would fit the bill Keeping Her by Kelly Lucille (not listing all of her books for space reasons but her heroes all tend to be along the sweet alpha male types)

And the Grabbed series has those types of heroes as well Grabbed by Vicious (Grabbed, #1) by Lolita Lopez and the New species series Fury (New Species, #1) by Laurann Dohner

message 30: by Kallie (last edited Feb 16, 2014 08:42AM) (new)

Kallie | 4 comments Nicole wrote: "Here are a bunch that I loved:A Wicked Hunger (Creatures of Darkness, #1) by Kiersten FayMarco's Redemption by Lynda ChanceJosh and Hannah (Redwood Falls, #1) by Lynda ChanceUnder the Cowboy's Control (Contemporary Western Romance, Texas) by Lynda Chance[bookcove..."

On your recommendation I read and liked Red Collar. But do you know why the book was called Red Collar? I know silly questions but I can't seem to figure that out. I also liked Marco's Redemption - it was crazy how he just kept her in his apartment.

message 31: by Rain (new)

Rain | 33 comments Falling In (The Surrender Trilogy, #1) by Lydia Michaels Breaking Out (The Surrender Trilogy, #2) by Lydia Michaels Coming Home (The Surrender Trilogy, #3) by Lydia Michaels

This series is the best that i've read this year so far, and probably for a long time. Lydia Michaels managed to write an Alpha Billionaire with sensitivity, power and raw sexual haruga! Definately recommended.

message 32: by Mira (new)

Mira (pokharelikanchi) | 3 comments Stacy wrote: "If you have not read This Man series you really need to. This series is EXACTLY what you describe you want in a book. You must read them in order and all three are out. There is no better posses..."

True that!!

message 33: by Centoria (new)

Centoria Coffil | 28 comments Read the Consumed series by Skyla Madi, anything by H.M. Ward and Nicole Edwards

message 34: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1 comments Just finished The Silver Crescent by Debby Grahl--
Max Holt is your man!

message 35: by Deeva05 (new)

Deeva05 | 14 comments I just finished Trust Me (Trust, #1) by Kristin Mayer and Love Me (Trust, #2) by Kristin Mayer and these two fit your requirements,

message 36: by Rain (last edited Feb 22, 2014 11:25AM) (new)

Rain | 33 comments I really wanted to like 'Trust Me' and 'Love Me' but the writing just wasn't up to par for me. Hopefully I find another good novel before I fall into a book funk....

message 37: by Indy (new)

Indy | 61 comments Cybergirl wrote: "Falling In (The Surrender Trilogy, #1) by Lydia MichaelsBreaking Out (The Surrender Trilogy, #2) by Lydia MichaelsComing Home (The Surrender Trilogy, #3) by Lydia Michaels

This series is the best that i've read this year so far, and probably for a long time. Lydia Michae..."

I agree, almost done with book 3 and was really blown away, the writing is really beautiful, descriptions are so unique of everyday observations.

I also liked Trust Me (Trust, #1) by Kristin Mayer and it's sequel, agree writing is not as strong, but satisified what I was looking for at the time - devoted, loyal, possessive, protective alpha committed to the h. Just a matter of going into it with different expectations in my mind.

message 38: by Indy (new)

Indy | 61 comments If you haven't read this series, one of my all time favorite alpha males and independent feisty heroines Knight's Mistress (All or Nothing, #1) by C.C. Gibbs (books 1 and 2 released...I was able to snag the UK's 3rd book too and the last book was phenomenal). Also liked Beautifully Awake (Beautifully Awake, #1) by Riley Mackenzie which isn't as well known, alpha male Doctor, swoon ;-)

message 39: by Debby (new)

Debby Grahl (debbygrahl) | 2 comments Malaya wrote: "Pls recommend something like this:
a. Alpha Male but..
c. Possessive and
e. Sexy
..."

I hope I’m not breaking any rules, but I think The Silver Crescent is what you’re looking for. You can find Goodreads reviews on this book.

message 40: by Raine (new)

Raine (raine_renner) | 8 comments Malinda wrote: "And the Grabbed series has those types of heroes as well Grabbed by Vicious (Grabbed, #1) and the New species series Fury (New Species, #1)"

I agree with Malinda, read the Grabbed (Lolita Lopez) and New Species (Laurann Dohner) series. And basically any of the Kristen Ashley book (you can never go wrong with ANY of her books and they're all wonderful alpha males).

message 41: by Malaya (new)

Malaya | 30 comments Cybergirl wrote: "Falling In (The Surrender Trilogy, #1) by Lydia MichaelsBreaking Out (The Surrender Trilogy, #2) by Lydia MichaelsComing Home (The Surrender Trilogy, #3) by Lydia Michaels

This series is the best that i've read this year so far, and probably for a long time. Lydia Michae..."

thanks for this! so far Im loving it.

message 42: by Camryn (new)

Camryn Noble | 1 comments Two words: Gideon cross.
The crossfire series by Sylvia day was amazing. But warning: Gideon is my book husband so step off girly. *snaps in z formation*

message 43: by D.c. (new)

D.c. Bell (authordcbell) | 5 comments Leah Raeder "Unteachable" -- Mr. Teacher is obsessed, in love, out of control, and completely aware of his beautiful sin, and all implications, when he falls in love with his (legally 18) student. I will pimp this book until I die. Just beautiful.

message 44: by Rain (last edited Feb 28, 2014 02:02AM) (new)

Rain | 33 comments Camryn wrote: "Two words: Gideon cross.
The crossfire series by Sylvia day was amazing. But warning: Gideon is my book husband so step off girly. *snaps in z formation*"

The best! Absolutely agree. One hunka chunka of gorgeousness. Sexy does not describe this fine specimen of a man. I could slowly eat him up like a pot of Haagan Daz with chocolate drizzled on top. Yum!

message 45: by Eva Luna (new)

Eva Luna | 12 comments What a peek of Some of my favorites? Here, we go....

- Consumed by Skyla Madi (Seth - MMA fighter, you will understand his feelings on Book 2, Too Consumed)
- Real (4 books) by Katy Evans ...Remy (boxer)
- Arsen: A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher (Arsen, playboy, who will reap your heart)
- Irresistible Desire (Savannah Series) by Danielle Jamie (Kyden...  is truly a Southern gentlemen style, but playmaker. Plus...he takes the everything is bigger in Texas saying to the max)
- Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts  (Caleb is one twisted sick son of a b**ch, but omg you cannot avoid fall in love with him... On the second book, called: Seduced in the Dark). This triology it's hard core and sensitive, but worthy)
- Forever Black (Forever Trilogy ) by Sandi Lynn (Ohhh Connor, is a sweet possessive playboy CEO to die for)
- This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas (Jesse.... Yeap, when you're done with the third book, This man confessed, you wanna be called Mrs. Ward too!)
- Bared to You (Crossfire Series) by Sylvia Day (Gideon Cross... More than Yummy... The only negative, it's that this series isn't finished, so we're still waiting for the 4 book, but the release date it's unknown, by some issues with the author and the editorial or something like that )
- Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful Series) by Jamie McGuire ... ( Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, who spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring - starting with a collage story)

And this list keep go on and on and on....

I told you, just it's peeking!

message 46: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrisreads31) | 9 comments Malaya wrote: "Cybergirl wrote: "Falling In by Frances O'Roark DowellBreaking Out (The Surrender Trilogy, #2) by Lydia MichaelsComing Home (The Surrender Trilogy, #3) by Lydia Michaels

This series is the best that i've read this year so far, and probably for a long ..."

I am reading Coming Home and I am thoroughly enjoying this series!! Mr. Patras is becoming one of my favorite book boyfriends.

message 47: by Justina (new)

Justina Smith | 3 comments I am reading Trust Me (Trust, #1) by Kristin Mayer and Love Me (Trust, #2) by Kristin Mayer and these books perfectly describe the name of this group..alpha male but vulnerable with heroine! The book is very fast paced, a little to fast for my liking but regardless, its a love at first site book and he just can't be away from her! He is tough as nails in the business world, but with her, he is very alpha but accommodating! The sex is hot and the story line is flowing very well. I just started book #2 and was told it didn't end in a cliffhanger....happy reading!

message 48: by Rain (new)

Rain | 33 comments Oh ho now we're talking..... Ethan Blackstone is back Rare and Precious Things (The Blackstone Affair, #4) by Raine Miller

message 49: by Lee (new)

Lee Ching | 12 comments Guys new book.. hope you enjoy it ..

DOM WARS by LUCIAN BANE a new type of BDSM

http://www.amazon.com/Dom-Wars-Round-...

message 50: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 10 comments Just read a great book with this theme: An Eye for an Eye Zach & Katie's Story (Redwood Falls, #2) by Lynda Chance . The first book is also good in the series: Josh and Hannah (Redwood Falls, #1) by Lynda Chance

« previous 1