And the Mountains Echoed
This topic is about And the Mountains Echoed
And the Mountains Echoed > First Impressions *No Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael, Mod Prometheus (new) - rated it 2 stars

Michael (knowledgelost) | 1255 comments Mod
First impressions of And the Mountains Echoed

Sally906 Too many characters - brilliant writing is being lost in the muddle.

message 3: by LyndiLea (last edited Feb 03, 2014 06:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

LyndiLea Hardman (LyndiLeaHardman) | 31 comments I normally read a lot of horror/thriller type of books so this was definitely an adventure in literary exploration for me! The first page had me hooked though so all I can say is give it a chance it's awesome!

Laurie I just finished this about a week ago and I loved it. It was certainly different in style from his other two novels, but it was still great. But like the other two, there are some wonderful things that happen as well as some that break your heart.

Cristina | 20 comments I totally agree with Sally.
It was like starting different short stories. I was a bit disappointed in the end

M.L. | 309 comments I enjoyed this - liked the many characters, the back and forth across time, interlocking relationships, different motives, perspectives.

Gaby (gabitag) | 6 comments So far I am enjoying this novel. Hosseini is a compelling story teller. I find myself interested in the fate of the characters and particularly enjoy the empathy he feels for them; He doesn't judge their flaws nor condones all their actions. I haven't read his other books, so I have no yardstick to compare against his other works.

message 8: by MK (new) - rated it 5 stars

MK (wisny) | 120 comments Just picked up a copy at the library this morning. Hoping to start reading sometime next week :)

Kendra (kenderj) | 10 comments I'm almost halfway through. So far I am really enjoying this. It feels both similar and different from A Thousand Splendid Suns. I like that his characters, even in their flaws, feel so human. I'm interested in them and want to find out what happened to them.

message 10: by MK (last edited Mar 04, 2014 04:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

MK (wisny) | 120 comments MK wrote: "Just picked up a copy at the library this morning. Hoping to start reading sometime next week :)"

I have picked it up a half dozen times and more over the last few days, and I'm only up to page 34 :-o. Not sure why I can't get it started. Book is due back Saturday, so, I'm running out of time ...