YA Book Club discussion

Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden Does anyone have any good recommendations if I like the hunger games, divergent, legend, and the darkest minds

message 2: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 3 comments I really enjoyed all of the series you mentioned. At the moment I'm curious about more dystopian books but books that have a larger scifi element like the across the universe series by Beth revis or the under the never sky series by Veronica Rossi. Have

message 3: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden Thanks :)

message 4: by Saloni (new)

Saloni (salpal77) | 16 comments I think you'd really like the Unwind series by Neal Shusterman. It's very dark and dystopian.

message 5: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden One series that I'm thinking about reading is Reboot by Amy Tintera..... this is also a duology with the second one Rebel coming out in May

message 6: by Saloni (new)

Saloni (salpal77) | 16 comments I've read Reboot! It's a really good book!

message 7: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden I still need to pick it up.....I read the description and I was like this just sounds awesome

message 8: by Saloni (new)

Saloni (salpal77) | 16 comments Trust me it is. I can't wait for the second one to come out.

message 9: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden The struggles of book lovers

message 10: by Saloni (new)

Saloni (salpal77) | 16 comments Seriously though. I'm awaiting so many books to come out and when they do come out I'm not gonna have time to read them -_-

message 11: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden The struggle is real

message 12: by Saloni (new)

Saloni (salpal77) | 16 comments Very.

message 13: by Karyl (new)

Karyl | 29 comments I'm currently reading STEELHEART by Brandon Sanderson :)))
Its full of action-packed scenes that drives me out.
If you're interested, you might wanna check it out :)))

By the way, I'm new in this group :))

message 14: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden Thanks......and welcome to the group! :)

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen628) | 12 comments Umm maybe the Maze Runner? I haven't read it and most people have mixed opinions on it but the movie is coming out so you can read it before the movie comes out?

message 16: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden Just got The Giver....has anyone read that?

message 17: by Karyl (new)

Karyl | 29 comments The Giver is a good book :)))) Soon, its going to be a movie :)))

message 18: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dandelionnxx) I love the Giver! I don't really like the other books in the series though. I think it should of stayed a stand alone:(

message 19: by Saloni (new)

Saloni (salpal77) | 16 comments I haven;t read any of the others, but I'm upset that the movie isn't going to be in black and white

message 20: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden The main reason I got it was because of the movie and I do plan on reading the rest of the series even if they aren't as good as the first one. Thanks guys. And also I have the 5th Wave but have heard mixed reviews about it wheat do you guys think about it?

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen628) | 12 comments I thought 5th wave was pretty great but at some parts I got confused on the POV on some parts

message 22: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden Only reason I plan on reading this is because the second one comes out later this year. Wasn't planning on reading it at all but I'm trying to read different things.

message 23: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden The two books that I'm probably most excited for this year though is The Young Elites by Marie Lu and The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. Riordan said in an interview that he would kill one of the seven who do you think it will be?

message 24: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dandelionnxx) I loved the 5th wave! But I do agree the POVs were kinda confusing and all the POVs that weren't Cassie were kinda boring:/

message 25: by Saloni (new)

Saloni (salpal77) | 16 comments Jaeden wrote: "The two books that I'm probably most excited for this year though is The Young Elites by Marie Lu and The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. Riordan said in an interview that he would kill one of th..."

I heard that too! I think it's gonna be Frank, what about you?

message 26: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden Me and a few friends think that it may be Leo......Not sure. I don't like this new form of torture that Rick Riordan is experimenting with.

message 27: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden also could you guys go to my profile and read the thing I put up and tell me what you think of it? I'm currently writing something with a friend. The rough draft should be done in maybe six months and then I'm going to send it off to publishers and hope we get lucky.

message 28: by Livia (new)

Livia Amelia | 5 comments Oh my there's a character that's gonna be die in on of the seven? Im thinking frank tho because his kryptonite and stuff~

message 29: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden ya but now frank has that pouch that leo made for him.....so he has a less chance of dying now

message 30: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden Also I haven't read Harry Potter what's it like?

message 31: by Livia (new)

Livia Amelia | 5 comments Oh yeah i totally forgot about the pouch thing,guessing about a character that will die is always stressing me out tho. Especially about CoHF

message 32: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden Ok.....ik all of of probably hate this but lets discuss cliffhangers

message 33: by Karyl (new)

Karyl | 29 comments I read I've read the Mara Dyer books (book 1&2) and The Evolution of mara Dyer really left me hanging. The ending really made a thousand questions in my mind; which is a good thing :)) I really want the 3rd book already . The ending was a dreadful cliffhanger and Mara Dyer's

message 34: by Karyl (new)

Karyl | 29 comments ---- mysterious events haven't been solved. If you havent read it, I'M TELLING U TO GET IT CUZ IT SOOOOOOO GOOOD. :)))

message 35: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden I haven't read them but I've read the synopsis and it sounds like a very interesting series.

message 36: by Jennifer (last edited Apr 19, 2014 09:51AM) (new)

Jennifer (jen628) | 12 comments I believe the Mara Dyer series so far has been amazing! It gives the: WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED, feeling to it. Really great book. Also another cliff hanger series is the Angelfall Series by Susan Ee. Harry Potter is a must read for anyone.

message 37: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden I haven't read harry potter

message 38: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dandelionnxx) WHAT?!?!?!

message 39: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden With all the controversies that have surrounded it I haven't found it necessary to read it.

message 40: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dandelionnxx) That's a stupid reason not to read it.

message 41: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden I don't care I'm still not going to read them

message 42: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden Are any of you guys going to read the young elites when it comes out?

message 43: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 3 comments The uglies trilogy is good and Control by Lydia Kang made me sob

message 44: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden thanks

message 45: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden want to read control a lot

message 46: by Emma (new)

Emma (easemymind) You should definitely pick Mara Dyer, I've only read the first one but it was so good. Also Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Really interesting! I loved all the series you listed. :)

message 47: by Jaeden (new)

Jaeden can't decide whether to read the giver, i am the messenger, pawn, or the serpent's shadow next

message 48: by Emma (new)

Emma (easemymind) I am the Messenger is amazing!! The giver is really good as well.

message 49: by Kate (new)

Kate Hawley (Bookahawley1246) | 14 comments I just read legend it was AMAZING
I'm into books like divergent
The hunger games
Stuff like that. And I want some more action packed can't put down books
Any recommendations?

message 50: by Karyl (new)

Karyl | 29 comments STEELHEART is a good book for Hunger games lovers (This is just my opinion). The 5th wave also is a VERY GOOD BOOk!!!!!!

« previous 1 3