books turned into films discussion

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) so this is my fave book and the film is up there in my top 5 films. i was pleased wiv the film but i was a bit gutted that sum of the best parts of the book was missing from the film like the blood type testing and the way edward carried bella 2 the nurses office was my best part of the book and i think it wud have worked well in the film.
i cant wait 2 see how new moon turns out as supposedly its close 2 the book!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVED those scenes and was so upset they weren't in the movie too! I did however like the scene in the kitchen with the Italian food......"Is she even Italian?" "Her names Bella!" LOL I love that part. And the way they all react at the same time when Bella's scent hits them. Did you check out the deleted scenes on the DVD? I wish they would have left in the "wanna taste?" one and the scene where Carlise and Esme discuss how good Bella is for Edward.....sorry long comment...I LOVE TWILIGHT!

message 3: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i 2 luv twilight and yes i did watch the deleted scenes as i was hoping sum of the scenes that i wanted were there but they wasnt i 2 like the carlise and esme scene they shud definately have left it in

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I know it showed more of a depth in the characters that i thought the movie didn't portray by itself very well

message 5: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) no but i till absolutely luv the film and i cant wait 4 new moon i think they r trying 2 keep it close 2 the book : )

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i know and my husband is sooooo sweet he takes me opening night

message 7: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) thats nice of him not many guys wud do that altho my dad wanted 2 go see twilight i think he thought it wudve been different more violance he was disappointed dont think he will go see new moon!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL my husband didn't mind the romance parts he said the fight scene in the ballet studio was actually really good

message 9: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) its strange my dad sumtimes like girly films but 4 sum reason he didnt like this tut tut he wont no wot his missing i liked the ballet scene but am a bit queezy wiv that kind of thing lol

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL i can't wait to see new moon.....it better be good

message 11: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i was just saying that 2 my sis lol it needs 2 be gud

message 12: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittvamp) | 11 comments i want to see twilight so bad. i jsut finished all the books and still need to see the movie.

message 13: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) omg i luv it not as much as the book tho they far outshine the film

message 14: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittvamp) | 11 comments i want to see it......

message 15: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Mcmullin | 4 comments OMG I have read all the books and own the movie...I watch it every 2 days or so...you have to watch it. yes the book is better...always is, but Im glad I watched Twilight first...because it really gave me a great visual of the characters while I was reading.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) | 68 comments I thought the movie was kinda cheesy! It was painfully obvious how low budget it was and some stuff didn't hold true to the movie and should have (such as the circular meadow where Edward reveals what the sun does to him). That was disappointing! But, of course I loved it all the same simply because it was TWILIGHT! LOL, it could have been animated and still would see it. I can't wait to see all the rest of the films. My one real disappointment in casting was with Jacob. Taylor Lautner has turned more manly looking it seems for New Moon-Thank the Gods! But, I really hoped for Steven Strait to be cast as Jacob-he's just so beefy and beautiful! LOL! Oh well, can't have everything! :-)

message 17: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) am like u i wud have seen this film ne how it was made and i still luv the film (big huge crush on rob pattinson) but i think taylor was perfect 4 jacob as at 1st jacob was just a human afterall and ohmygoodness does he look hot in new moon that body swoon

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) | 68 comments LOL, I know he has definitely improved! It's just that I'm 32 so I have this image of Jacob in my head and he is more of a MAN! I think if Taylor and I see sharkboy! LOL!! But, he's pretty hot now, I must confess!

message 19: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) lol, even being 23 i still feel like i shudnt be drooling over him but.....

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ  (shoey924) | 68 comments But... so what! LOL! Drip, drip!

message 21: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) LOL

message 22: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Mcmullin | 4 comments How funny...dont feel bad about being 23...I'm 37 and I think Edward (Rob) is the hottest thing ever !!! But to me his character and mannerism makes him extremely powerfully sexy

message 23: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i luv rob 2

message 24: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Mcmullin | 4 comments He actually makes my heart race...I think Rob is fantastic...but Edward is amazing...the character is so intense and powerful...I just love how devoted he is to Bella. The passion ugh...I have never cried so hard when he left her....I couldnt stop reading because I kept thinking NO NO he has to come back...It made my stomach hurt.

message 25: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i cried wen he left and am actually dreading seeing that in the film version i hate crying in public, i 2 read it quickly just so he was back in the book i missed him wen he was gone i bet that was wot stephanie wanted 2 happen 2 her readers

message 26: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Mcmullin | 4 comments Katie wrote: "i cried wen he left and am actually dreading seeing that in the film version i hate crying in public, i 2 read it quickly just so he was back in the book i missed him wen he was gone i bet that was..."

Oh my gosh I missed him too...I kept waiting and waiting and wondering when is he coming back...please let him hurry back and it made me hate Jacob!! I was so angry...I will definitely take tissues to theatre.

message 27: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) me 2 but hopefully i wont cry i will hopefully hold it in however i think i might get away wiv it as its at the beginning of the film, i didt hate jacob i thought bella was stupid tho if edward is the luv of her life y wud she need 2 choose it wud b a no brainer 2 me. i never thought he wasnt cumin back i read the last page 1st lol

message 28: by Magen (new)

Magen (magen0222) | 47 comments well that totally ruins it!!! for me ill read at least half way through the book and then ill read the last page... you understand more of whats going to happen then if you read the last page first

message 29: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i no but i always like 2 read the last page and then ill read it so i understand it

message 30: by Magen (new)

Magen (magen0222) | 47 comments lol. because who doesnt want to understand a book... definately NOT me!!!!

message 31: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) lol thats y i read it ne way so i can understand wot i read onthe last page

message 32: by Magen (new)

Magen (magen0222) | 47 comments lol. well alright then!!

message 33: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) lol

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

XD

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

i love twilight soooo much the books are amzing and so is the film!!! XOX

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok so has anyone here heard the news that in the eclipse movie they have switched actresses for victoria? Yeah from rachelle to bryce dallas howard

message 37: by Magen (new)

Magen (magen0222) | 47 comments yeah, i heard. it sucks!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate when character's are played by different actresses or actors in a series of movies..it just messes it up for me!

message 39: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) thanx 4 lettin me no