Mr. Kovach's 7th and 8th period reading group discussion

independent book questions due 2-10-14

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mr. Kovach (new)

Mr. Kovach (ckovachfranklinboeorg) | 25 comments Mod
1) What is the title of your current independent book?

2) Why did you select this book to read?

3) When did you start it and when will you be done?

4) Describe the overall mood of the book. Also describe the setting of the book and how this contributes to the mood.

5) Describe two writing techniques the author uses in this book that you could also use in your own writing.

6) If the real you was a character in the book, who would you give advice to and how would this change what happens in the book?

7) What kind of research do you think the author of this book had to do before writing the book? Explain your answer.

8) Have you added this book to your "currently reading" shelf yet?

9) How many books have you completely read this year? Are you on track to read 20 before summer vacation starts?

10) If you could write one book, what would it be about and why?

message 2: by Rusil (last edited Feb 10, 2014 10:04AM) (new)

Rusil | 22 comments 1) Goosebumps - Don't go to sleep

2) Because Goosebumps are really exiting and scarier.

3) I started it on Monday,1/27/14.I think I will finish it on the first of second week of February.

4) The mood of the book is scary. My main character Matt is scared because whenever he wakes up he sees a different nightmare.

5) The author had used strongly emotions to express the characters. Also, he has a good sense of writing because he wrote the book like he was in it.

6) I would give advice to my main character Matt, not to panic. It would change Matt's life because now he won't get so worry about his nightmares.

7) I think the author had first asked questions to other about the nightmares they had. So, in the book he can express the nightmares.

8) Yes I did on Friday 1/31/14.

9) I read 13 books till now. Now 7 more to go.

10) It would be about fantasy world. Because I love fantasy.

message 3: by Nil (last edited Feb 06, 2014 03:10PM) (new)

Nil Patel (firedestroyer) | 20 comments 1) What is the title of your current independent book?
Benny Imura #4:Fire & Ash
I selected this book because it looked interesting, and because Jonathon Mayberry is one of my favorite authors, and because its is an awesome series and the info on the back is very capturing.
I started it on 2/6/2014 & I think I will be done in about a two days to a week,so probably by Monday 2/10/2014.
4) Describe the overall mood of the book. Also describe the setting of the book and how this contributes to the mood.
The mood of the book is frightening and creepy. The setting is in a town called Mountainside but on the zombie infested side called the Rot & Ruin and it contributes to the mood because scary to live near and fight zombies.
5) Describe two writing techniques the author uses in this book that you could also use in your own writing.
The author uses strong emotions & he tells the story from the characters point of view and he uses metaphors.
6) If the real you was a character in the book, who would you give advice to and how would this change what happens in the book?
If I was a character in the book I would give the scientist advice and tell them to search for Dr.Monica Mcready because she knows how to find the cure for the zombie virus and this way Chong(another character) and other zombies can be cured.
7) What kind of research do you think the author of this book had to do before writing the book? Explain your answer.
I think the author had to do scientific research because the virus and every thing is scientific and he probably had to talk to other authors about some adventure things so the book could be full of adventure.
Yes I did on Friday 1/31/14 at home and I did today 2/6/2014.
9) How many books have you completely read this year? Are you on track to read 20 before summer vacation starts?
42 chapter books and 88 comic/manga and I'm on track to read 300-400 before summer vacation starts. NOT JOKING!!!!!
If could write one book, it would be about supernatural activity and the characters would be human but superhuman with superhuman powers. My book would be fiction/science fiction/fantasy.

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex | 25 comments 1) What is the title of your current independent book?
Curveball The year I lost my grip.
Because its about baseball i i like baseball
2-7-14 2-14-14
The setting is at a field. The mood is sunnyb and bright.
Strong transitions and emotions
To not play during his injury
None it was probbley a narrative
yes
yes i have read 20 already
it would be a narrative about my life

message 5: by Ajay (last edited Feb 12, 2014 09:18AM) (new)

Ajay (captainkilljoy) | 19 comments 1) What is the title of your current independent book?
Icefall
It seemed cool
I started it yesterday and am almost done
It is sad
Emotion and dialouge
Yes
None
no
yes
nonfiction because i like nonfiction

message 6: by Edstelle (last edited Feb 10, 2014 01:03PM) (new)

Edstelle Jacques | 22 comments 1.) The name of my book is The Invasion of The Boy Snatchers.
2.)I selected this book because I enjoy the Clique series very much.
3.)I started Friday and I am planning to finish by Thursday or Friday.
4.)Right now the mood of the book is angry because Alicia's cousin is coming from Spain.
5.) The author uses description and strong vocabulary that I can also use in ny writing.
6.)If I were a character in the book,I would give advice to Massie because she is always mean to people that aren't like her.This would change the book because Massie's mood will change or maybe not.
7.)I think the author had done some research by movies and stuff.
8.)Not yet I will now.
9.)I have 10 books and I am planning to read 10 or more before summer vacation.
10.)If I had to write one book it would be about fashion because I know how to sew and what the measurements are.

message 7: by kv (new)

kv (kellysopinion) | 19 comments 1) The name of my book is called Allegiant.
2) I selected this book because it is the third book of the series I love.
3) I started this book yesterday and I will be done by next Sunday.
4) The mood of the book is so far depressing. The settings are in the factions that went to war which makes it depressing.
5) The author uses strong emotion and powerful vocabulary.
6) I would give advise to Tris and tell her o stay safe.
7) The author had to research about a war and peace because that is the main topic of the Divergent series.
8) Yes I have updated my currently reading self.
9) I have completed 13 books this year and I do plan to read at least 20 books this school year.
10) If i could write one book it would be a biography about my life.

message 8: by Tamir (new)

Tamir | 20 comments 1) the name of my book is the blue star rapture.
2) i selected this book because it about real life situations,
3)it stared art week maybe try to finish it by next week
4)The mood of the book is tense and mad.
5)he uses good vocabulary and good description.
6)if i was a character would be Tyron because he has the best life.
7)i think he did from real life situations
8)yes
9)i have 11 books hope to be 20 soon.
10)if iha to write a book it would be about sport.

message 9: by Avani (new)

Avani | 27 comments 1.)The name of the book that I am reading is "I'm Not Her" by Janet Gutler.
2.)I selected this book because it sounded very interesting and someone recommended it to me
3.)I started a couple of weeks ago and plan to finish at the end of the month.
4.)In my book the mood is kind of up in the air because Tess's sister Kristina has cancer and doesn't want people to know.
5.)The author uses a lot of strong emotions and that is what makes me so in to the book.
6.)If I were a character in this book I would encourage Kristina to look for the brighter things in life and embrace this and realize that she is not the only one with this condition.
7.)I think the author like got information about cancer by reading stuff online.
8.)Yes
9.)10
10.)I would write about something dark and really emotional because I love those kind of books that make me want to cry.

message 10: by Dar'rosa (new)

Dar'rosa | 21 comments 1) The name of the that I am reading is Dragon Rider.
2) I selected this book because it's interesting.
3) 2/3/14 and I think I would be done on 2/16/14.
4) The overall mood of the book is exciting. The setting now in the book is flying over the ocean and the mood calm
5) The author uses strong vocabulary and dialogue.
6) If I were a character in the book I would give advice to Sorrel to not be so dramatic and know the sea serpent isn't going to eat them.
7) The research the author had to do was science and fantasy.
8) yes
9) I have read 9 books
10)I would write a fiction story because I can create it from my imagination.