Mr. Kovach 1st and 2nd period reading group discussion

independent book questions due 2-10-14

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mr. Kovach (new)

Mr. Kovach (ckovachfranklinboeorg) | 28 comments Mod
1) What is the title of your current independent book?

2) Why did you select this book to read?

3) When did you start it and when will you be done?

4) Describe the overall mood of the book. Also describe the setting of the book and how this contributes to the mood.

5) Describe two writing techniques the author uses in this book that you could also use in your own writing.

6) If the real you was a character in the book, who would you give advice to and how would this change what happens in the book?

7) What kind of research do you think the author of this book had to do before writing the book? Explain your answer.

8) Have you added this book to your "currently reading" shelf yet?

9) How many books have you completely read this year? Are you on track to read 20 before summer vacation starts?

10) If you could write one book, what would it be about and why?

message 2: by Owami (new)

Owami | 57 comments The Title of my current book is " what happened to goodbye"

message 3: by Owami (new)

Owami | 57 comments I selected this book because it seemed like a good book to read & while I was at the library someone recommended it to me .

message 4: by Owami (new)

Owami | 57 comments I started this book two weeks ago & I' ll be finished in a few days (3 days , 4 maximum )

message 5: by Owami (new)

Owami | 57 comments The overall mood of the book is sad , the setting is that a teenage girl has to move and she just isn't grasping to her new town she feels lonely . The mood contributes because the girl is Sad and lonely .

message 6: by Owami (new)

Owami | 57 comments Two writing techniques the author uses that I could apply to my own writing is that she indents at the start of each paragraph I have to make sure to do that ! She also changes how the character responds like " David said " she changes it to David replied.

message 7: by Owami (new)

Owami | 57 comments If my character was real I would tell her to stay strong and be open to anyone being her friend in the book.

message 8: by Owami (new)

Owami | 57 comments I think the author researched teen problems because she writes about depression & loneliness which a lot of teens can relate to and have problems with.

message 9: by Owami (new)

Owami | 57 comments Yes, I have just added this book to my currently reading shelf.

message 10: by Owami (new)

Owami | 57 comments I have read 25 books this year ( updating my read shelf ) & Yes I'm on track and ready to read 20 books.

message 11: by Owami (new)

Owami | 57 comments If I could write a books I would write about teens & how to deal with problems such as
Dating
Depression
Anxiety
Eating disorders
Because a lot of teens have trouble with getting through these things , I would even put celebrity mentors .

message 12: by Andry (last edited Feb 10, 2014 06:50AM) (new)

Andry (CaptAndry) | 20 comments 1) What is the title of your current independent book?
im reading nothing because i finished.
Well i did read under a war torn sky. I picked it because it is about a pilot.
I started it on January 2.
4) Describe the overall mood of the book. Also describe the setting of the book and how this contributes to the mood.
It is emotional,scary and romantic.

5) Describe two writing techniques the author uses in this book that you could also use in your own writing.
He uses transition and dialog.
6) If the real you was a character in the book, who would you give advice to and how would this change what happens in the book?
I think the readers because they know what is wrong.
7) What kind of research do you think the author of this book had to do before writing the book? Explain your answer.I think he had to do a research about WWWII.

YES,i did.
9) How many books have you completely read this year? Are you on track to read 20 before summer vacation starts?
I read lots of books this year.
It will be about aircraft aces.
Andry

message 13: by Alan (new)

Alan | 15 comments 1) What is the title of your current independent book?
beyond the brave
because it look good
don't remember
depress
5) Describe two writing techniques the author uses in this book that you could also use in your own writing.none that i know

to he old man
7) What kind of research do you think the author of this book had to do before writing the book? Explain your answer.
look back of history of world war 2
yes
5 books
it will be about the future war.

message 14: by Cbranscomb (last edited Feb 12, 2014 05:19AM) (new)

Cbranscomb | 18 comments 1) What is the title of your current independent book?
Answer: Fallen Angels.

Answer: I chose this book because it seemed like there would be a lot of suspense and danger action adventure and sadness somethings that a good story or book should have.

Answer: I started reading it on 2/9/2014 but I should be done with it soon because it isn't as long as other books I have read.

Answer: The setting so far is in Vietnam where a tech kids papers get messed up and is set to vietnam instead of where he is suppose to be but everything seems fine so far.

Answer: The author gives descriptive words, and details showing the setting and setting the mood, also has plenty of dialogue and thoughts of the main character to show what he is thinking.

Answer: I Can;t really say yet.

Answer: He would have had to study about the vietnam war cause thats where the setting is mostly about the Vietnam war.

Answer: Yes I have.

Answer: Yes I am on track I have 13 books read.

Answer: I don't know actually but it would probably be a fictional story about government corruption in the future or a fictional story about curing cancer and the struggles this doctor has to go through to accomplish his goal and to save his daughter and son.

message 15: by Sak786 (last edited Feb 12, 2014 05:43AM) (new)

Sak786 | 20 comments 1) What is the title of your current independent book? What Every Girl (Except Me) Knows

2) Why did you select this book to read? I selected this book because i thought that the title was interesting and so i wanted to read about it.

3) When did you start it and when will you be done? i started this book Thursday 2-5-14 and i most likely end about next week

4) Describe the overall mood of the book. Also describe the setting of the book and how this contributes to the mood. I guss its kinda weird because the girl Gabby has a step mom and wants to knows a lot about how to care of her self

message 16: by Ziare (new)

Ziare | 15 comments 1) What is the title of your current independent book?
diary of wimpy kid dog days
friday
i started friday and i think i could finish wed
the overall mood is dull because nothing is happening

message 17: by Deibi (last edited Feb 12, 2014 05:15AM) (new)

Deibi Tejada | 27 comments 1.ghostopolis
2.because it seemed interesting
3.last week ill be done in about two days.
4.happy and fun. The setting affects it because they are in hell and it must be sad.
5.none that i could use in the writing i do.
6.the only way the story would change is if they never went to hell.
7.none its a fiction book.
8.yes
10.i would write it about a mystery because it would be interesting.

message 18: by Drew (last edited Feb 12, 2014 05:15AM) (new)

Drew | 18 comments 1) What is the title of your current independent book? The mark of athena

2) Why did you select this book to read?I read the rest if the series

3) When did you start it and when will you be done?I started it today and i will probably finish by the end of the week.

4) Describe the overall mood of the book. Also describe the setting of the book and how this contributes to the mood. Very war like and serious.

5) Describe two writing techniques the author uses in this book that you could also use in your own writing.emotion and repletion

6) If the real you was a character in the book, who would you give advice to and how would this change what happens in the book?I wouldent change it.

7) What kind of research do you think the author of this book had to do before writing the book? Explain your answer. Resherch on greek mythology because it is mostly on that.

8) Have you added this book to your "currently reading" shelf yet? yes

9) How many books have you completely read this year? Are you on track to read 20 before summer vacation starts?i have read 20 books and i am on track.

10) If you could write one book, what would it be about and why? it would be about a cholet bar named bob and he could touch any thing it it woulde turn to chocolate.i would write this because i like chocolate.

message 19: by Sam (last edited Feb 12, 2014 05:22AM) (new)

Sam | 46 comments Pretties and Uglies

I like the genre

About 2 weeks ago- in 2 weeks

Its about a fun Teenagers life and thats what i feel like when i read it.

Emotional feelings

I dont think a lot because Tally and i are alike.

i dont think a lot because this book is about the "future". And she can predict what will happen in 100 years

yes

fantasy and mermaids because i love to ocean life
reply | flag *

message 20: by Rushi (new)

Rushi Patel | 33 comments 1) What is the title of your current independent book?

message 21: by Melina (last edited Feb 12, 2014 05:33AM) (new)

Melina Garcia (Garcia_x3) | 42 comments 1) What is the title of your current independent book?
Tao Te Ching
it looks really interesting
I started last week and i dont know depends if i read faster.
its like type strong because its about the history of China
The Mood and place. like where it takes place.
no beacuse i really dont know really.
well i thgink in the history of how it was or things facts about it.
yes i already did.
so far on goodreads i have 17 but in my life total i dont know.
10) If you could write one book, what would it be about and why? it would be about my life like friendship so some type like that.

message 22: by Kerrifox12 (new)

Kerrifox12 | 20 comments 1) not al blondes do backflips
2) because it looked very interesting to me
3) i forgot when i started it but i don't know when i will be done
4) the overall mood is hatred towards stereotypes
5) i dont know i don't really notice the techniques
6) I would not change anything so far
7) I think they were just trying to show that there main character has something against stereotypes
8) No it is a online book so i can't
9) I have no idea i haven't updated
10) It would be about flappy bird

message 23: by Dwayne (new)

Dwayne | 9 comments 1 hitlers secrets

i like learning a lot about the jews

i think i am about three quarters of the way done

over all it is mostly about

message 24: by Zyhonna (new)

Zyhonna | 23 comments 1 haddix
2 i read it in the summer but not all of it
3 today and i dont know
4 its like mystery

message 25: by Ahmad (new)

Ahmad Mayfield | 18 comments 1. superman
2. i like to read comic books
3. i started sunday and i`d done by thursday.
4.the mood is happy and the setting is metropolis
5. they use sub headings and pictures
6. if the real me was the character i wouldnt change it.
7. watch the tv show
8. yes i have
9.no not yet
10. it would be about super heroes because i like them a lot.