YAholics Anonymous! discussion

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
This topic is about Anna and the French Kiss
Archives > February's Group Read - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Please join us this month in reading Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins!

Anna and the French Kiss

Synopsis:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

You don't have to participate in the Group Read - it's entirely up to you, but if you read the book along with us or have already read it, we would love to hear your comments, questions, thoughts, etc. That's what makes the Group Read fun! Please keep from posting too many spoilers early in the month, though, as people might still be reading it. If you feel that you might "spoil" a part of the book by commenting, be sure to put something like "***Spoiler Alert***" or something to let others know to read at their own risk! And make sure to have fun!

Brittany | 3369 comments Mod
I read this book last year and it was soooo adorable. It's the perfect Valentine's read. :)

Riya | 753 comments Mod
As of a few days ago I finally added this book to my to-read list. I normally don't read such romance books, but I have to admit that this one was quite intriguing :)

Brittany | 3369 comments Mod
Yeah, it's definitely it's own niche. I thought it was pretty cute, though. Romantic, but not over the top. I hope you enjoy it when you get around to it. =)

Riya | 753 comments Mod
Thanks Brittany :) I really look forward to it now!

Heidi I thought it was a cute story, but I had a hard time liking the main character. I realize that I'm a bit older than the target audience, but she seemed really immature/childish in the beginning of the book. By about halfway through the book she seemed to have grown up some (maybe that was the point!) and then I found her less annoying. I feel like I would have enjoyed this book more if I was a pre-teen reading it, rather than a *youngish*-adult.

I did really like the descriptive scenery of her year in Paris though--how I wish I could have done that in high school! (And why didn't I do that in college? Seriously!) Anyway, I definitely enjoyed the last part of the book so much more than the beginning. I guess it felt more realistic to me and less trite.

Izzy (izzybookholics) Random Musings CH1—CH18

(view spoiler)

Izzy (izzybookholics) Random Musings CH19—CH47

(view spoiler)