YAholics Anonymous! discussion

An Abundance of Katherines
This topic is about An Abundance of Katherines
Archives > February's Group Read - An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Please join us this month in reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green!

An Abundance of Katherines

Synopsis:
When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type happens to be girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact. He's also a washed-up child prodigy with ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a passion for anagrams, and an overweight, Judge Judy-obsessed best friend. Colin's on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which will predict the future of all relationships, transform him from a fading prodigy into a true genius, and finally win him the girl.

Letting expectations go and allowing love in are at the heart of Colin's hilarious quest to find his missing piece and avenge dumpees everywhere.

You don't have to participate in the Group Read - it's entirely up to you, but if you read the book along with us or have already read it, we would love to hear your comments, questions, thoughts, etc. That's what makes the Group Read fun! Please keep from posting too many spoilers early in the month, though, as people might still be reading it. If you feel that you might "spoil" a part of the book by commenting, be sure to put something like "***Spoiler Alert***" or something to let others know to read at their own risk! And make sure to have fun!

message 2: by Taylor (new) - added it

Taylor | 12 comments After reading The Fault in Our Stars, which, by the way ruined my life in the best possible way. I'm not sure if my emotions are ready for another John Green book :)

Brittany | 3369 comments Mod
This one is actually a pretty nice "feel good" book. :)

Jessica Andrews | 3 comments I loved an abundance of Katherine's, even though a lot of people don't like it so much

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 2 comments An abundance of Katherines was my least favorite John Green Novel. But it still was a great feel good story.

Lauren (bookschief_managed) I actually REALLY enjoyed this story. I wasn't overly annoyed with the main character like I was with Paper Towns and somewhat with Looking for Alaska, I would actually rank it as my second favourite John Green book. Such a cute, light weight story and it was refreshing.

Heidi This was definitely a good story and I appreciated all of the humor and wit, as well as the personal growth/realizations that the main character went through.

I do wish that the plot moved a little faster though. It was just a little slower paced for my tastes. I was also ready to stop hearing about Katherine(s) by the end!

Milena *call me Lena* (odairsea) | 18 comments I love this book!!! My 1st Green book. But o know some people didn't enjoy reading it that much...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

An Abundance of Katherines (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Green (other topics)